View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

1. Some more core

by , July 3rd, 2012 at 10:31 PM (Elise's Fitness Fun)
    Yesterday, hit the weight room for some core work. First did a 30 minute spin class (I was late.). Then, did the following workout:

2 sets of 10 push-ups with bosu ball

4 sets of 25 sit-ups on incline with 12 lb. medicine ball

2 sets of 20 leg/knee lifts

100 bicycle crunches

Today, meant to have an active rest day, but got in a very small workout while encouraging kids on son's cross country team. It was 100 degrees when practice started. Got in 1/2 mile walk/jog to warm-up and then did 3 x 400 jogs with them, trying to encourage those who were struggling on the second half of a 6 x 400 set. Then did a 1/2 mile cool-down. Despite the heat, everybody was in good spirits after the practice.

Tomorrow, hope to slide into the club pool for a 2,000 meter workout before it opens up for 4th of July activities. Each year our pool has a greased watermelon water polo match on the 4th. Lots of good pizes for team that wins. Always all-men and a real macho kind of contest. About 7 years ago, I snuck in on the contest and those guys didn't know what to do. Rednecks have honor when it comes to women, so I was able to get away with much more than any of them ever could.

If I think about it, I will post a pic tomorrow of the brawl.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Summer Training

by , July 1st, 2012 at 10:20 PM (Elise's Fitness Fun)
    Summer training is fun but can be a challenge. Vacation and changes in pool schedule can make it hard to stay on a schedule. The last two weeks have been busy, busy, but got in a few runs, swims, and lifts.

I have gotten started on my high reps/low weights program. Wow! What a whole different workout! It plain old wears me out, but that is a good thing. My weight-lifting guru contact said that 3 sets of 15 was plenty. I had planned to do 5, but he said that many sets was overkill. Today, did the following workout:

Warm-up: 8 minutes on the gauntlet

Bench press: bar x 10, 3 sets of 65 x 15

Lat hi row: 3 sets of 90 x 15

Overhead press w/dumbells: 3 sets of 20 x 15

Lat pull-down: 3 sets of 100 x 15

Leg press: 3 sets of 150 x 15

Leg curl: 3 sets of 20 x 15

Leg/knee lifts: 3 sets of 20

Calf raises: 3 sets of 70 x 15

Cardio workout: spin bike bike for 15 minutes, brisk walk (4.0 mph) for 15 minutes, 10 minutes on gauntlet
    Categories
    Uncategorized