Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    "Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Dammit!!"

It needed to go into print!

Tell Teen Fort she became a true Master this weekend. "Eventually" shrugging off the bad stuff, enjoying the moment for the 200BR, and gutting out an impressive 100fly at the end for some bling/ribbon.

Blog Lurkers: I will have the true, inside story from behind the "blocks" with Team Fortress at Indiana on my blog soon (yes, shameless bandwagon jumping for attention I know). Stay tuned for the expose!
    She seems pretty happy with the whole experience today. The 200 breast victory definitely helped.

Hey, I didn't lose my phone or car keys this meet. And realizing what a dumb blonde I can be, I even took inotes on where I parked my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by beprocton
    Leslie: Very nice to have met you at the Forum/Stalkers dinner! Impressive swimming all around for you and I've taken lots of mental notes from watching your races and listening to you. It was also very special watching your 50 fly on the way to warm up for my event and watching your daughter yelling "Go Mom" as you went for the finish in record time. I'm still waiting for a confirmation from my son at Dartmouth as to whether he knows your son. Plotting out my summer swimming and may see you at Zones in Richmond as I prepare for Mission Viejo/Disneyland trip.
    Likwise Bruce!

Teen Fort was a very good cheerleader for me and my friends, despite having a sub par meet herself. She doesn't have much experience in tapering after a few years out of the pool, and was a good sport about it all.

Keep training hard and smart and you will pop into the TT soon enough.
    It is probably a very good idea to get one long course meet under your belt before heading out to MV. I hope the bribery works! Teen Fort was a very difficult toddler herself, so I feel your pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    But at least you'd gain 3 hours. So an 8am start (if you had such a thing) would seem more like 11am for you
    But I can't blame you. I avoid meets at one local pool because one time when I did a meet there the conditions were horrible. I'll fly to Boston for a weekend for a meet at a fantastic facility

Awesome job at your meet!!! It really sounds like things just fell into place for you, and you nailed nearly everything well. I've been lurking here and on FB, reading about your times. Glad everything worked out for you.

Now hope your move goes just as well, and you find a great place to swim in Pittsburgh.
    Thanks Tim! I will definitely be in Boston next year at NE SCM Champs. That is really the perfect meet for me -- really nice pool, big enough to ensure lots of rest, etc.

Everything went exceedingly well with just a few technical miscues here and there. Maybe having the move on my mind helped distract me from the mental torment of taper.
    "Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Dammit!!"

It needed to go into print!

Tell Teen Fort she became a true Master this weekend. "Eventually" shrugging off the bad stuff, enjoying the moment for the 200BR, and gutting out an impressive 100fly at the end for some bling/ribbon.

Blog Lurkers: I will have the true, inside story from behind the "blocks" with Team Fortress at Indiana on my blog soon (yes, shameless bandwagon jumping for attention I know). Stay tuned for the expose!
    Leslie: Very nice to have met you at the Forum/Stalkers dinner! Impressive swimming all around for you and I've taken lots of mental notes from watching your races and listening to you. It was also very special watching your 50 fly on the way to warm up for my event and watching your daughter yelling "Go Mom" as you went for the finish in record time. I'm still waiting for a confirmation from my son at Dartmouth as to whether he knows your son. Plotting out my summer swimming and may see you at Zones in Richmond as I prepare for Mission Viejo/Disneyland trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Gee, I'm shocked you aren't planning to swim at Santa Clara next year. Outdoor pool and a three hour time difference? Sounds exactly like your cup of tea!
    But at least you'd gain 3 hours. So an 8am start (if you had such a thing) would seem more like 11am for you
    But I can't blame you. I avoid meets at one local pool because one time when I did a meet there the conditions were horrible. I'll fly to Boston for a weekend for a meet at a fantastic facility

Awesome job at your meet!!! It really sounds like things just fell into place for you, and you nailed nearly everything well. I've been lurking here and on FB, reading about your times. Glad everything worked out for you.

Now hope your move goes just as well, and you find a great place to swim in Pittsburgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson
    Great meet, Fort. Looking forward to seeing you at LC zones, where the pool is neither shallow nor outdoors! And there will be FINA walls to help with your backstroke starts.
    Thanks Chris. Looking forward to the meet snd hope you are 100% by then. I have some unfinished business with the LCM 50 fly. And I do vastly prefer FINA walls for backstroke starts. I was slightly disappointed that we didn't have them in Indy.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Great meet and truelly awesome times. I will remember that 50 fly for a very long time!
    Thanks Stewart! I was pleased with that race. And congrats to you on a wonderful nationals. Quite the coming out party!
    Great meet, Fort. Looking forward to seeing you at LC zones, where the pool is neither shallow nor outdoors! And there will be FINA walls to help with your backstroke starts.
    Great meet and truelly awesome times. I will remember that 50 fly for a very long time!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Gee, I'm shocked you aren't planning to swim at Santa Clara next year. Outdoor pool and a three hour time difference? Sounds exactly like your cup of tea!

Damn impressive Nationals for you considering you weren't even planning to attend.
    Yep, I don't care how iconic Santa Clara is. Plenty of other meets to choose from. No east coast swimmer wants to swim backstroke outside.

Glad I did attend Indy! You never know when you'll be firing on all cylinders at these meets. You had a very nice meet as well. Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    What a stellar meet. So nice to see all your efforts pay off. Especially neat is being able to have your daughter swim with you at the meet. Those memories will be far more rewarding than any medals or records.

BTW....the .01 is going to be good motivation to train for the 100 next year.
    Thanks Quick. It was a gratifying meet. Definitely cool to have Teen Fort there, and hopefully she will be back. It was nice hearing "go mom" when I was on the blocks.

Yes, that .01 will be on my mind for awhile!

Damn impressive Nationals for you considering you weren't even planning to attend.
    What a stellar meet. So nice to see all your efforts pay off. Especially neat is being able to have your daughter swim with you at the meet. Those memories will be far more rewarding than any medals or records.

BTW....the .01 is going to be good motivation to train for the 100 next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaegermeister
    Wow! Great swimming. I realize you have one more day in the tank, but your accomplishments thus far are deserving of raves. I trust you are having a blast and enjoying every second (or dare I say tenth-second?) at Nationals. I have Indy envy.
    Thanks Tom! This was my best day of the meet. Having a blast. Hope you rejoin us one of these days! We miss you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I'll give a +1 to that last statement!

Amazing swims Leslie. Too bad I missed seeing them in person. I did watch it on Ellen's video posting though. FAST! I'm not challenging you to any 50s either, unless you want to race the 50 Breast or 50 Free maybe.

It was great meeting you in person, and being able to see what you talk so much about...SDK power.

Honestly, I think I can still improve my 100s.

You've been doing so much SDK work, you can try going 30 m in fly or back!
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Congrats on another outstanding day!!! I agree with Pwb. I think you would rock a 200 IM.

What do you contribute your improved DPS in your strokes too?
    Thanks Wook! I work on DPS pretty regularly on technique days. And I've been regularly using the agility paddles. Wrt fly, I've been trying to avoid spinning with a too fast turnover and focusing on a longer more powerful stroke. I can tell the difference in my vids from Greensboro and Indy.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    With the way you're swimming, there is no reason to scratch.

I've got to watch my back on the 50 fly.

Leslie, I know you are a sprinter and a 200 sounds like a mile, but I'd really love to see you train for a 200 SCY or SCM IM some season. I think you'd surprise yourself with how fast and how well you'd hang on.
    A scratch free nationals it is!

Patrick, I swam the 200 IM almost every meet of my age group life!!! It was one of my best events. But I have no aerobic base and wonder if I could really get it back after my 24 years out if the pool. All the 200 IM studs have been swimming masters forever. Plus, you do realize there are two entire lengths of the evil? I still have work to do in the 100 IM ( and other 100s).
    Wow! Great swimming. I realize you have one more day in the tank, but your accomplishments thus far are deserving of raves. I trust you are having a blast and enjoying every second (or dare I say tenth-second?) at Nationals. I have Indy envy.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    With the way you're swimming, there is no reason to scratch.

I've got to watch my back on the 50 fly.

Leslie, I know you are a sprinter and a 200 sounds like a mile, but I'd really love to see you train for a 200 SCY or SCM IM some season. I think you'd surprise yourself with how fast and how well you'd hang on.
    I'll give a +1 to that last statement!

Amazing swims Leslie. Too bad I missed seeing them in person. I did watch it on Ellen's video posting though. FAST! I'm not challenging you to any 50s either, unless you want to race the 50 Breast or 50 Free maybe.

It was great meeting you in person, and being able to see what you talk so much about...SDK power.