Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    EXCELLENT SWIMS!!!!! I highly suggest doing a study of the historical 200 breast times in your age group. From my experience this weekend, it hurt waaay less than the 100 free and 100 back. I went a modest time, but if you think of it as focusing on the UWs and long glides, hey, that's another top ten for the pile!
    It is easier?! I dunno, I imagine paralysis setting in with three lengths to go ...

Thanks. The 100 was pretty mediocre. But I don't really care as I'd already done two solid 100s.
    Crazy great 100 br Fort. I' still egging for 2IM - you would rock it and rocket.
    EXCELLENT SWIMS!!!!! I highly suggest doing a study of the historical 200 breast times in your age group. From my experience this weekend, it hurt waaay less than the 100 free and 100 back. I went a modest time, but if you think of it as focusing on the UWs and long glides, hey, that's another top ten for the pile!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Great meet and that's an awesome 100 breast! Did you happen to get a video of it?

I saw you post this on FB and was really surprised to see that you did 3 x 100's in such a short time. maybe you'll try the 200's combo next!
    Thanks Tim! Nope, no video. Wish I had thought about that. 200s still hold no appeal. I'm just not in the shape for them. I leave the 200 breasts to you!
    Great meet and that's an awesome 100 breast! Did you happen to get a video of it?

I saw you post this on FB and was really surprised to see that you did 3 x 100's in such a short time. maybe you'll try the 200's combo next!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I'm disappointed you didn't enter 4 events to keep your scratch record alive! Now I will not have a scratch buddy to rely on.
    Hows the shoulder?
    Well, I just scratched the 100 free for Zones, so it was just a very minor blip in my scratch record.

The shoulder is still sore, but the meet didn't make it any worse. Just finished some rehab exercises and icing.
    I'm disappointed you didn't enter 4 events to keep your scratch record alive! Now I will not have a scratch buddy to rely on.
    Hows the shoulder?
    Quote Originally Posted by scyfreestyler
    Always nice to get a PR! Nice swimming!
    Thanks! Yes, at my age, PRs are pretty darn rare.
    Always nice to get a PR! Nice swimming!
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    What leg are you doing in the 2nd (womens) 200 medley?
    Not sure. Last year, I did backstroke in that one too.
    What leg are you doing in the 2nd (womens) 200 medley?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    I had trouble viewing last night too. Prelims in the am were just fine, but I had all kinds of trouble with the finals and only got the video feed working in time to see the 50 free. A fantastic race.
    Tonight the ESPN3 link worked great. Resolution was very good. Some great races. We were cheering for Cindy Tran in the 100 bk though
    Yep, ESPN was great and the resolution much better than cbs. I was rooting for Lee and Tran. It looked like a slight hesitation in her second to last stroke cost Tran the title. Her UWs were awe inspiring.

The CBS site isn't working again this am ...
    Updated March 22nd, 2014 at 11:37 AM by The Fortress
    I had trouble viewing last night too. Prelims in the am were just fine, but I had all kinds of trouble with the finals and only got the video feed working in time to see the 50 free. A fantastic race.
    Tonight the ESPN3 link worked great. Resolution was very good. Some great races. We were cheering for Cindy Tran in the 100 bk though
    I couldn't watch last night either. Swimswam says the link for tonight's races is here: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#s...AA%20swimming/. And it seems to work, though racing hasn't started yet. It says 8 pm.
    The variety divers, who often watch my workouts, commented that this workout was "really intense."
    There were some USAT "kids" (20-somethings) who were doing their stretch cord warmups while I was swimming. On a rare break between sets, one of them said (along with other things), "You're not like the other lap swimmers here." I took it as a compliment.

Looking forward to watching the womens 100 back tonight; going to be a close race between the SDK experts. A little disappointing that Bootsma only qualified 15th.
    I just hope my live stream cooperates. I was trying to watch the women's 500 and 200 IM last night, both of which sounded like great races, but the live stream links I had just kept crapping out. I am hoping it works better tonight. Looking at the swimswam comments, apparently, I'm not the only one experiencing problems. It is shameful to not have top-notch streaming with excellent commentating for this meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    Great job
    You are a bad a$$ sprinter beast and your evil stroke is not so Evil anymore.
    Thanks Ande. No, the evilstroke is not so evil anymore. I've liked it more ever since they allowed a dolphin kick on starts and turns. But I've also been tinkering with my pull and plams down recovery.
    Great job
    You are a bad a$$ sprinter beast and your evil stroke is not so Evil anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inaminute
    Where is the page that tells what a double shooter, burst and cruise, RC, etc. means?
    That isn't a blog feature. But you can always ask.

Shooter = streamline dolphin kick an entire length underwater
    Double shooter = 2 lengths underwater with a breath at the flags before flipping
    burst = AFAP to the 25 meter mark, then cruise the rest of the 25
    AFAP = as fast as possible
    RC = rotator cuff
    Where is the page that tells what a double shooter, burst and cruise, RC, etc. means?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I agree. Nice going this weekend!
    Thanks James! We carry on.