Blog Comments

Have an open mind. If it is something totally bizarre, and you have a good meet, that will become your new favorite color.
    I had a really good Zones in my suit with the partial hole. That doesn't mean I'm going to embrace holey suits. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    All right, if I see Leslie on the blocks in a neon green suit I'm probably going to laugh out loud now! Sorry Leslie.
    I won't wear acid green. I will wear a LZR Elite instead and trade the green one in later. I am counting on the fact that they wont be making acid green in bulk. NO pink either -- that's Karlyn's color.
    All right, if I see Leslie on the blocks in a neon green suit I'm probably going to laugh out loud now! Sorry Leslie.
    Oh no! I forgot to ask what colors the suits were. Now I have to stress about acid green or white.
    Have an open mind. If it is something totally bizarre, and you have a good meet, that will become your new favorite color.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I vote for COMIC SANS NEON BLUE!!!
    Ugh! I want black, black, black!
    Nelson Diebel! He was one of my favorite Olympians!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Im hoping they've only had time to produce them in gray or black!
    I vote for COMIC SANS NEON BLUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    My work here is done
    Im hoping they've only had time to produce them in gray or black!
    oh no! I forgot to ask what colors the suits were. Now I have to stress about acid green or white.
    My work here is done
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Tim McCool said Arena was over nighting me new Mark 2 suits in response to my email. I just hope they arrive on time and that they are the right sizes.
    Well that's cool. You definitely need to be the squeaky wheel when it comes to things like this. Hope it all works out!
    USMS announced today that the suits are banned for USMS pool competition.
    Yes, saw that. Tim McCool said Arena was over nighting me new Mark 2 suits in response to my email. I just hope they arrive on time and that they are the right sizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    sorry about the suit. email Patty Kast at Kast-a-way. She'll set something aside for you.
    are you sure USMS is going to ban the suits too?
    They're banned. See Kathy Casey's post. I'm buying a LZR Elite as a back up. It's a suit I will use constantly anyway.
    Don't get me started on appraisers! It's a huge racket. when we bought our current house, we had two appraisals done b/c the first one came in absurdly low but in our case it was obvious he had missed several very strong comps, choosing instead homes with a fraction of the square footage! The best comp was almost identical in sq footage and only 1/4 mile away. and sold within the last 6 months. But the banks hands are very tied but somehow they got their credit committee to commission a 2nd appraisal which came in more than 30% higher than the first!!! How ridiculous is that?! These guys are jokers who add zero value to the process.
    Thats why were so worried! Appraisers are still low balling their estimates these days. And our house is not just about square footage; it's the total package of lot/major landscaping, guest cottage and pool.

30% difference seems extraordinary.
    sorry about the suit. email Patty Kast at Kast-a-way. She'll set something aside for you.
    USMS announced today that the suits are banned for USMS pool competition.
    Don't get me started on appraisers! It's a huge racket. when we bought our current house, we had two appraisals done b/c the first one came in absurdly low but in our case it was obvious he had missed several very strong comps, choosing instead homes with a fraction of the square footage! The best comp was almost identical in sq footage and only 1/4 mile away. and sold within the last 6 months. But the banks hands are very tied but somehow they got their credit committee to commission a 2nd appraisal which came in more than 30% higher than the first!!! How ridiculous is that?! These guys are jokers who add zero value to the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    Congrats in the contract! The suit issue sounds like a royal mess. Sorry you have to deal with that hassle, but I know you'll swim fast whatever you wear!
    Thanks everyone for all the kind thoughts on the house. I'm most worried about the appraisal. We've had 3 offers near or at our asking price, but the only appraisal so far came in low. It was from the whacko buyers and riddled with all sorts of errors. But there are no true comps for my house and appraisers tend to focus on square feet. Fingers crossed that all goes well. At least we seem to have buyers who really love our house.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Must be from her dad's genes. I doubt Fort could count that high, unless she was allowed to have a lap counter.
    Dad is not remotely a swimmer! She really is just a mini me. Her ankles just twist sideways instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Leslie will have the lap counter at the ready for sure...but someone will let her know what comes after the "3"
    It's a wonder that I actually finished a 200 free at NE Champs last Dec. Though I guess I did just have to look around and see everyone else was finished.
    You've got a daughter who's not only an evilstroker, but who entered the 200 evil? You really sure the two of you are related?
    I know! The evilstroke thing is a little freaky. And none of my kids are backstrokers either.

I swam plenty of 200s and 400 IMs at her age. I have just invoked the masters privilege of reinventing myself. Much happier as a sprinter.