Blog Comments

sorry about the suit. email Patty Kast at Kast-a-way. She'll set something aside for you.
    are you sure USMS is going to ban the suits too?
    Don't get me started on appraisers! It's a huge racket. when we bought our current house, we had two appraisals done b/c the first one came in absurdly low but in our case it was obvious he had missed several very strong comps, choosing instead homes with a fraction of the square footage! The best comp was almost identical in sq footage and only 1/4 mile away. and sold within the last 6 months. But the banks hands are very tied but somehow they got their credit committee to commission a 2nd appraisal which came in more than 30% higher than the first!!! How ridiculous is that?! These guys are jokers who add zero value to the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    Congrats in the contract! The suit issue sounds like a royal mess. Sorry you have to deal with that hassle, but I know you'll swim fast whatever you wear!
    Thanks everyone for all the kind thoughts on the house. I'm most worried about the appraisal. We've had 3 offers near or at our asking price, but the only appraisal so far came in low. It was from the whacko buyers and riddled with all sorts of errors. But there are no true comps for my house and appraisers tend to focus on square feet. Fingers crossed that all goes well. At least we seem to have buyers who really love our house.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Must be from her dad's genes. I doubt Fort could count that high, unless she was allowed to have a lap counter.
    Dad is not remotely a swimmer! She really is just a mini me. Her ankles just twist sideways instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Leslie will have the lap counter at the ready for sure...but someone will let her know what comes after the "3"
    It's a wonder that I actually finished a 200 free at NE Champs last Dec. Though I guess I did just have to look around and see everyone else was finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    You've got a daughter who's not only an evilstroker, but who entered the 200 evil? You really sure the two of you are related?
    I know! The evilstroke thing is a little freaky. And none of my kids are backstrokers either.

I swam plenty of 200s and 400 IMs at her age. I have just invoked the masters privilege of reinventing myself. Much happier as a sprinter.
    You've got a daughter who's not only an evilstroker, but who entered the 200 evil? You really sure the two of you are related?
    Must be from her dad's genes. I doubt Fort could count that high, unless she was allowed to have a lap counter.
    Leslie will have the lap counter at the ready for sure...but someone will let her know what comes after the "3"
    Congrats in the contract! The suit issue sounds like a royal mess. Sorry you have to deal with that hassle, but I know you'll swim fast whatever you wear!
    Congrats on your house sale full price woot woot... Bummer about the suit....You will make it work!!!! Best Luck Leslie xoxoxsusie
    3 more days!! (2 more till we head for the airport)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    Are the psycho buyers completely out of the picture now?
    Not quite. They're apparently going to make some kind of crazy offer, but honestly I can't imagine it being even remotely as good as the one we just got. They seem very focused on what might be wrong with the house instead of all the things that are great about Wait, I just read their appraisal. Apparently, I live in a 5 bedroom, 4 bath colonial instead of the 6 bedroom, 5 bath victorian that I thought I owned and have an average instead of perfect new roof. (rolls eyes)
    Updated May 4th, 2013 at 11:23 PM by The Fortress
    Are the psycho buyers completely out of the picture now?
    He's just worried that I'm seeded right next to him.

Thing is, with the workout times Stewart's been doing, I'm gonna probably be chasing him after the first 25.
    Worried is definitely not the word I would use. I am really looking forward to a good race and may the best man win! We both have a lot of racing before we get to the 500!

I wish I could have doubled up with the 1650 and the 1000 then I wouldn't have to swim the back on Sunday. Oh well.

Thing is, with the workout times Stewart's been doing, I'm gonna probably be chasing him after the first 25.
    Sadly this wimpy sprinter will be snoozing during the 500s. Sounds like a good race though!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I am thinking around 6pm. My 500 is first up on saturday morning and i would typically try to get some extra sleep that night.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Well, you're doing it all right in the pool!
    That's because I try harder in the pool that I do at work.

It's a good thing my boss doesn't read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    What is "early"? I doubt it will be too late. But I'm not entirely sure if anyone in the group has a relay at the end. I think Water Rat + 4 might. I'm done early after 50 breast.

Fast twitch and slow twitch folk are just different.
    I am thinking around 6pm. My 500 is first up on saturday morning and i would typically try to get some extra sleep that night.
    I only did 3300 tonight. I'll be dropping lower and lower next week on my two swims. For the weekend I'm off altogether, only because all the pools are closed.
    It will do you good to have a weekend off!