Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by scyfreestyler
    Canadian Nationals but no USMS Nationals?!

Congratulations on the WMSOY runner up. Any year in which you set WR's should be considered a great year I think!
    Thanks Matt!

USMS nationals is in a crappy outdoor pool far away. Canadian Nationals is in a great indoor pool that is a six hour drive.
    Congrats on the runner up! That's awesome, especially since you're considering last year a sub-par year

Congratulations on the WMSOY runner up. Any year in which you set WR's should be considered a great year I think!
    I did the same thing when Canadian Nats where just north of me in British Columbia and USMS Nats were across the nation in N.Carolina. It's about location (and outdoors in Santa Clara isn't my first choice either).

I'm opting out of all national meets this year. Not worth the $$$ when I can swim half-a$$ed right here nearby to home.

Not sure about the split requests in Canada. You may want to research it more. When I was at Canadian Nats in 2012, I didn't see people doing it like you do. Maybe it's an American thing.
    Thats an awesome achievement and you definitely deserve the recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    I agree you need to be fully rested for a fast 100 IM. It's such a hard event because everyone has an advantage in how short it is so no one has a weak stroke!

Are you thinking about Maryland, LCM nationals? How far would the drive be from Pittsburgh? I really like having my own car. Then you can have an arsenal of dry fluffy towels and bring your yoga mat, gushy mat, foam roller, pilaties ring, etc.
    Normally, I would never miss a chance to swim there. However, I am on a 2 1/2 week vacation in June-July and may also be gone for a week in August. So I will be in no shape to swim. No LM for me this year; I can't say it breaks my heart all that much.
    Great meet Leslie. Good luck at your zone meet. Swim fast.
    I agree you need to be fully rested for a fast 100 IM. It's such a hard event because everyone has an advantage in how short it is so no one has a weak stroke!

Are you thinking about Maryland, LCM nationals? How far would the drive be from Pittsburgh? I really like having my own car. Then you can have an arsenal of dry fluffy towels and bring your yoga mat, gushy mat, foam roller, pilaties ring, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I'd agree.

Hey, I posted some thoughts about your question on warming up for the 500 in the comments section on my last post.
    Many thanks for the advice. I will pass it on.
    Oh well, not terrible to get trumped by an Olympian.
    I'd agree.

Hey, I posted some thoughts about your question on warming up for the 500 in the comments section on my last post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Crazy great 100 br Fort. I' still egging for 2IM - you would rock it and rocket.
    Thanks Bill! I was super pleased with the time. No 200 IM. I still remember the last one when I was in better aerobic shape -- it was nasty. I still have a 100 IM to swim next weekend, and that one hurts enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    EXCELLENT SWIMS!!!!! I highly suggest doing a study of the historical 200 breast times in your age group. From my experience this weekend, it hurt waaay less than the 100 free and 100 back. I went a modest time, but if you think of it as focusing on the UWs and long glides, hey, that's another top ten for the pile!
    It is easier?! I dunno, I imagine paralysis setting in with three lengths to go ...

Thanks. The 100 was pretty mediocre. But I don't really care as I'd already done two solid 100s.
    Crazy great 100 br Fort. I' still egging for 2IM - you would rock it and rocket.
    EXCELLENT SWIMS!!!!! I highly suggest doing a study of the historical 200 breast times in your age group. From my experience this weekend, it hurt waaay less than the 100 free and 100 back. I went a modest time, but if you think of it as focusing on the UWs and long glides, hey, that's another top ten for the pile!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Great meet and that's an awesome 100 breast! Did you happen to get a video of it?

I saw you post this on FB and was really surprised to see that you did 3 x 100's in such a short time. maybe you'll try the 200's combo next!
    Thanks Tim! Nope, no video. Wish I had thought about that. 200s still hold no appeal. I'm just not in the shape for them. I leave the 200 breasts to you!
    Great meet and that's an awesome 100 breast! Did you happen to get a video of it?

I saw you post this on FB and was really surprised to see that you did 3 x 100's in such a short time. maybe you'll try the 200's combo next!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I'm disappointed you didn't enter 4 events to keep your scratch record alive! Now I will not have a scratch buddy to rely on.
    Hows the shoulder?
    Well, I just scratched the 100 free for Zones, so it was just a very minor blip in my scratch record.

The shoulder is still sore, but the meet didn't make it any worse. Just finished some rehab exercises and icing.
    I'm disappointed you didn't enter 4 events to keep your scratch record alive! Now I will not have a scratch buddy to rely on.
    Hows the shoulder?
    Always nice to get a PR! Nice swimming!
    Thanks! Yes, at my age, PRs are pretty darn rare.
    Always nice to get a PR! Nice swimming!