Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    With the way you're swimming, there is no reason to scratch.

I've got to watch my back on the 50 fly.

Leslie, I know you are a sprinter and a 200 sounds like a mile, but I'd really love to see you train for a 200 SCY or SCM IM some season. I think you'd surprise yourself with how fast and how well you'd hang on.
    A scratch free nationals it is!

Patrick, I swam the 200 IM almost every meet of my age group life!!! It was one of my best events. But I have no aerobic base and wonder if I could really get it back after my 24 years out if the pool. All the 200 IM studs have been swimming masters forever. Plus, you do realize there are two entire lengths of the evil? I still have work to do in the 100 IM ( and other 100s).
    Wow! Great swimming. I realize you have one more day in the tank, but your accomplishments thus far are deserving of raves. I trust you are having a blast and enjoying every second (or dare I say tenth-second?) at Nationals. I have Indy envy.

Leslie, I know you are a sprinter and a 200 sounds like a mile, but I'd really love to see you train for a 200 SCY or SCM IM some season. I think you'd surprise yourself with how fast and how well you'd hang on.
    I'll give a +1 to that last statement!

Amazing swims Leslie. Too bad I missed seeing them in person. I did watch it on Ellen's video posting though. FAST! I'm not challenging you to any 50s either, unless you want to race the 50 Breast or 50 Free maybe.

It was great meeting you in person, and being able to see what you talk so much about...SDK power.
    Congrats on another outstanding day!!! I agree with Pwb. I think you would rock a 200 IM.

What do you contribute your improved DPS in your strokes too?
    It could be the first nationals ever where I don't scratch an event. .

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    Fawesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Mother and daughter National Champs is the BEST!!!!!
    It was great to see you at dinner!!!
    Thanks Robin! Just great to see you too!
    Been lurking quietly.

Leslie that was Fawesome!
    Mother and daughter National Champs is the BEST!!!!!
    It was great to see you at dinner!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    James - thanks for posting the video, it was much more clear than what I saw the streaming video. I have subscribed, so I hope there may be more videos as possible.
    You can always check out my videos from past meets. They're all dated on the title line. If you want a good laugh, check out my 200 Fly from Mesa Nationals (roughly 5-1-11). Final 50 is a heartbreaker!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Thanks for the vid! I wasn't even near the 15 m mark in the second 25. I had a foot or more.
    Thanks for the vid! I wasn't even near the 15 m mark in the second 25. I had a foot or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    I was cheering for you in the 50 back! Great swim
    I bet your daughter is having as much fun as you in such a big meet.
    Thanks Mike! I hope so, masters is supposed to be fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Mother-Daughter national champs, that is really wonderful! It is your attention to the basic, as well as the granular details of training, preparation, and race execution (and of course being a very competitive racer) that make you the swimmer you are. I can understand that .05 possible difference in the NR 50 BK swim as I was thinking the same thing myself watching the race. While you are always striving for the perfect race, you do not obsess with it. I hope you have a good time at the dinner!
    I do obsess about the perfect race! But I know how elusive it is. If I had taken one less stroke, that wouldn't have worked either. Even though my feet were high on the wall, I still was able to throw down my usual 16 kicks. 50 breast was not great, but I don't train for it so don't expect perfection.

Teen Fort has unfortunately adopted my hyper-analytical approach so wasn't that happy with her time. But you always have to be happy with a win!
    James - thanks for posting the video, it was much more clear than what I saw the streaming video. I have subscribed, so I hope there may be more videos as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    You are the boss!
    Thanks Steve! pretty psyched.
    I will never, ever gridge you in any 50. 27 flat on your backstroke?!? Hot damn, that is smoking. Congrats on the mother-daughter win. I'm already lobbying my oldest to come out to Santa Clara next spring when she is 18.
    I hope you succeed in persuading her!

Wished it had been 26.9, but I will definitely take it!
    Nice job!! You are very very fast in the sprints, and it was cool to finally see it happen live.
    Thanks James! I'm glad you confirmed that I jammed the turn. Always room for improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Nice swims today and congrats on the mommy daughter double. I wont be able to make it tonight, I am just pooped and won't be much in the way of company. I will come by tomorrow after one of hour races and introduce myself. I hope you and the gang enjoy the dinner.
    Dinner was fun! Congrats on your very speedy swims so far. I'm impressed you can go to sleep at 7:30 pm. I am hoping for midnight.