Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    It is. And it looks super hard to do. Some were having more success than others. I'm sure you'd nail it tho.
    I'm not very good at sprinting from a mid pool flip turn though. I'd rather skip the flip and just go from a dead start.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    So the scull is intended to affirmatively stop you from going anywhere? Sounds hard to SDK 20 meters from almost a dead stop ...
    It is. And it looks super hard to do. Some were having more success than others. I'm sure you'd nail it tho.
    150ish pace just = get your heart rate up for the much more important 15 meter platinum speed bursts.

So the scull is intended to affirmatively stop you from going anywhere? Sounds hard to SDK 20 meters from almost a dead stop ...
    150ish pace? I'm sorry but who is writing this blog?

saw a cool drill yesterday. At the 20m mark float on ur stomach, kick very hard but scull so u go nowhere. When at max rpm, do a flip turn and SDK all the way back to the wall (20 meters).
    Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    I just learned yesterday there will be a SCM meet in the Maryland LMSC on Sunday. However, it's not clear to me the times will be eligible for USMS TT:
    http://www.usms.org/comp/event.php?MeetID=20130602SSS1S
    I saw that awhile ago too. It has a USMS sanction, but I was advising one of my HIT folks to contact the meet director to make sure the pool was measured and on file. It's at a health club pool, shallow & outside. I doubt builders are excruciatingly careful about accuracy at such pools.
    I just learned yesterday there will be a SCM meet in the Maryland LMSC on Sunday. However, it's not clear to me the times will be eligible for USMS TT:
    http://www.usms.org/comp/event.php?MeetID=20130602SSS1S
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Nice practice LCM 50 fly.
    Thanks! Since I went 30.4 last year, I was psyched.
    Nice practice LCM 50 fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKCrane3
    The 100 free SCY time doesn't make sense compared to the other times- what happened. Is this from push-off?
    Yeah it's slow. I completely missed the second wall and was de-motivated to really sprint the second 50. So it became a warm up event.
    The 100 free SCY time doesn't make sense compared to the other times- what happened. Is this from push-off?
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    If you have some spare time, check out the Civil Rights Museum and (yes) Graceland. I'm not an Elvis fan but I do love me some Americana. And he was onto something with the peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I burned the heck out of my tongue on the fried pie, though.
    Didn't have enough time! But did get a feel for downtown Memphis. Fried pie? I had some barbecue, but I don't do fried food.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Hi,

was the broken 50 a subset of a 250 (50 afap/200 easy), or a 25 + 25 blast in 21?
    25+25. Really should have been 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Why are you going to memphis?
    Mr. Forts nephews high school grad party. Big family gathering.
    Updated May 26th, 2013 at 12:15 AM by The Fortress
    Hi,

was the broken 50 a subset of a 250 (50 afap/200 easy), or a 25 + 25 blast in 21?
    If you have some spare time, check out the Civil Rights Museum and (yes) Graceland. I'm not an Elvis fan but I do love me some Americana. And he was onto something with the peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I burned the heck out of my tongue on the fried pie, though.
    Why are you going to memphis?
    What can I say? I want my :31 back!

You have about 2 rounds worth of mine there I reckon.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    gnarly
    You = 4 rounds (?!) = gnarly

Me = 1 round = cautious geezer
    Did something like that myself too...gnarly
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    who you kidding? I'm gnashing at the :24!!! Hell, I'll drive him to mtn biking nationals.
    When you got talent, you got talent.

That chicken leg thing shouldn't be biking!