- Number of miles swum so far in January, 2009: 30.01
- Average yards per day during the past 9 days post the "end" of my sickness: 3227.78
- Qualitative self-assessment on the Jim Healthometer scale, wherein 91 percent is realistically the best I can hope for: 42 percent
- Qualitative self-assessment on the Jim Healthometer scale during the height of the bubo outbreak: 37 percent
- Number of yards swum during practice today before I began seeing lights that weren't there and found my muscles were shaky and my head light-headed: 2100
- Number of packets of Gu required to complete tonight's practice: 2
- Total yards tonight's practice: 4000
- Days I have been alive: 20,562
- Remaining number of days: 12,288
- Current Top 10 Times for the Age Group I might make it to:
100 Freestyle SCY Men 90-94 (2008)
# Name Age Club LMSC Time
1 Brud Cleaveland 90 FMM Florida 1:46.17
2 Russ Witte 90 SWOM Ohio 1:54.05
3 Tom Haver 90 SDSM San Diego - Imperial 2:20.05
4 Donald B Pope 93 MICH Michigan 4:38.01
- AT (Anaerobic Threshold) time per 100 SCY one year ago based on the 1 hour swim: 1:14.61
- AT time per 100 this year based on the 1 hour swim: 1:16.6
- Most recently measured sperm count, including gimps, two headed specimens, dead ones, and assorted monstrosities: 965,000,000 per ejaculation
- Three favorite excerpts form William Wordsworth's ODE INTIMATIONS OF IMMORTALITY FROM RECOLLECTIONS OF EARLY CHILDHOOD:
Whither is fled the visionary gleam?
Where is it now, the glory and the dream?
Heaven lies about us in our infancy!
Shades of the prison-house begin to close
Upon the growing Boy
Behold the Child among his new-born blisses,
A six years' Darling of a pigmy size!
See, where 'mid work of his own hand he lies,
Fretted by sallies of his mother's kisses,
With light upon him from his father's eyes!