View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Sunday, June 8

by , June 8th, 2014 at 03:35 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)

Swim/SCY/Solo @ Pitt

Warm up:

600 various
    100 scull
    6 x 25 burst + curise
    100 EZ

Main Sets:

4 rounds:

1 x 25 AFAP
    1 x 25 EEZ
    1 x 50 AFAP, broken
    1 x 50 EZ
    1 x 75 AFAP, broken
    1 x 75 EZ
    1 x 100 AFAP, broken
    1 x 100 EZ

-- approx :30 rest after EZ portions

R1= :10 rest
    R2 = :15 rest
    R3 = :20 rest
    R4 = :20 rest

R1 = dolphin kick w/board & fins
    R2 = breast
    R3 = dolphin kick w/board & fins
    R4 = free w/paddles: did this one at 100 pace, not AFAP. didn't have any more AFAP

extra 100 EZ

5 x 50 smooth backstroke w/paddles
    100 EZ

Total: 3400

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, I came in expecting the pool to be long course. Nope, the competition pool was closed and rec swim was in the small pool (belch). I had my own lane for about half the workout though.

Now off to a farewell party for one of my swimmers who is moving to NY. I will miss him.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  2. Workout: 06/08/14 OW

by , June 8th, 2014 at 03:15 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    Ended up at the drive-ins last night, and bed around 2am. Up for Lake Paran this am at 8, did 0.6 miles with Tim and Rebecca. Eazy, first OW of season for both.

Had brunch for Jinho and now at graduation party number 3 for the weekend. Church tonight, then Jinho flies home tomorrow.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  3. 6|8|2014

SCM

10 x 50 fr on 0:55
    500 drill with short fins
    7 x 25 fr 0n 0:40 hypoxic with short fins
    • missed 5th one

9 x 25 fr on 0:40 with short fins / snorkel
    • 14's, 15's

10 x 50 fr on 1:00 easy
    • 1-5: 6-beat kick
    • 6-10: 2 - beat kick

3 x 50 FK with board on 1:30

LCM meet yesterday
    50 free [28.97]
    Except for not consciously kicking super hard and pulling forcefully (was more preoccupied with form and streamline), the first 35m was perfect. This was where I took my breath and my rhythm, form, and all perfection was lost. Not being familiar with this pool, and thinking I had more to go than I did, I took another breath 5m out from finish - lol. I ruined that event, but with what I did and the cost of these mistakes, I am sure I am fully capable of beating my .34 by some tenths.

100 free
    Had 50 fr SR form filled out ready to go but the official's reaction to my request changed my mind as I didn't want to interrupt things. She said I would need timers sent to the other side and from the looks of the operation, number of timers, and tight schedule, I decided to just do a 50 split for time unrecorded by looking up at the touch and got a [28.91]. Almost didn't finish the remainder of the 100 as I was too out of breath. Did backstroke to get me to the wall. Was suffering so bad afterwards a few other swimmers were worried I was about to die - lol, but didn't. Had to take 3 breaths for this swim. Sometimes during the split blasters I don't have this symptom, but I account the episode to improper warm-down and warm-up leading to it.

Wasn't feeling well so I scratched the 200 fr and swam 1500 yds in the diving pool. Also swam in Strom Thurmond reservoir for 30 min on way home as a random drive in.

Maybe I can try again later this month for another LCM

Updated June 8th, 2014 at 05:13 PM by __steve__

Categories
    Uncategorized