• 22 - 25's
    • shoulder little loose

12 x 25 flutter kick on 0:50
    • ~10m AFAP / ~15m easy

Lay in sun for 5 min
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sat., Aug 9

by , August 10th, 2014 at 02:17 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)

Swim/LCM & SCY @ Lebo

600 various

10 x (25 fast kick + 25 EZ)
    100 EZ

6 x 50 DPS free w/paddles @ :20 RI

6 x (50 fast dolphin kick on back + 50 EZ) @ 2:00

16 x 50
    odds = breast @ 100 pace @ 1:00
    evens = EZ @ 1:30

10 x 25 kick on back w/breaststroke fins
    50 EZ

Total: 3200

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swam with Teen Fort at the Lebo pool. We had a blissful hour of adult only swim in long course, then they switched it over to SCY.

Taking today off as I'm flying to Tucson. Dreading the long journey. But I have packed a few good books!
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  3. Worlds day 6&7

by , August 10th, 2014 at 08:25 AM (After a long rest)
    Friday was my day off from competition and I had a good night of sleep and a nice big breakfast. I had team mates swimming so headed to the pool to watch and cheer them on. My kids and a group of adults went to six flags for the day. They said it was extremely crowded but they had fun despite only managing a few rides due to the lines of people. After six flags my family I met up for dinner and we had a nice relaxing evening.

Saturday night I went to sleep very quickly but woke around 3am with butterflies in my stomach and thinking about my upcoming race. I laid in bed til about 6:30am before getting up for breakfast. My swim was scheduled for 3:00pm so headed over around noon for a warmup. After getting to the pool and warming up I had about an hour before I swam. One of my team mates was 9 heats before me so I got to see him swim another great swim and then got myself mentally ready. I felt really good in the warmup and felt good about how I was going to swim the race.

My my game plan was to swim a smooth but strong first 100, build the middle 200 and finish strong with strong legs the last 100. When I dove in I felt great and stuck to my game plan well. At 300 I was at least 2 body lengths clear of everyone else and at 350 I felt like I was again at least 2 body lengths clear. Coming down the final 50 I felt strong and when I hit wall for a moment I thought I had own only to see that the guy to my right had somehow caught me. I honestly could not believe that I had lost. I did not die and I was so far ahead how had I lost but i had.

After the warm down I started to feel better but this one is going to hurt for sometime. I am proud of getting silver but gold was right there. If only I had bilateral breathed I would have seen him coming. I can't change what happened and this will inspire me to go again.

Updated August 10th, 2014 at 11:51 AM by StewartACarroll

Categories
    2014 FINA World Championship