View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Southern Winters

Growing up in Michigan I should be use to nasty winters. That's why I relocated to the south.

I am amazed every winter at how the "threat" of bad weather shuts the town down.

For instance, we were suppose to get 1" of snow here at the beach today. Schools were canceled last night around 6pm for today and we have a two hour delay for tomorrow.

I went to practice tonight and the entire fitness complex was closed. No swimming tonight. I guess I will switch gears and do some P90X and get ready to watch the football game.

I had better go get some bread and milk before we get "snowed in" here at the beach.

I will take a long hot summer over a long cold winter any day.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Monday, 1/10/11

by , January 10th, 2011 at 04:21 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    SCY, Solo

Warmup
    300 swim 200 free/100 back
    3 x 100 kick on back 10 sr
    (went 1:58-1:55-1:48)
    300 pull w/ buoy and catch paddles
    (did 150 free/150 back)
    4 x 50/1:00, 25 drill/25 swim build
    (did 1-2 free, 3-4 back, drill was fist swim)
    8 x 25/30 IM order

Main set
    15 x 100 free/1:35
    (started these around 1:25 and was around 1:30 at the end)

Cool Down
    100 back/50 fly/50 free easy

Total: 3000 yards
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Double Mon Jan 10th, 2010

by , January 10th, 2011 at 03:07 PM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Double Mon Jan 10th, 2010

Subscribe to Ande's Swimming Blog

scy
    whitney Coached
    UT Swim Center, main pool
    noon to 1:15 dove in on time
    trained with james Fike & later with richie cunningham
    beside Tyler, Jim, Larry, Max, Pat Evoe & Ned
    WORE FS PRO LEGS
    kudos to Richie & Pat for doubling today

WARM UP
    2 rounds of 200 fr, 100 rev IM, 100 k

Main SET:

3 rounds of
    4 x 50 fr on :32 right into
    4 x 100 on 1:05
    break
    200 easy finger tip drag free
    100 10 kick drill
    4 x 25 IM order 1/2 fast 1/2 easy on :30
    (missed some 50's in round 1, came in around 6:36ish on round 2, & Made round 3)
    50's on 32 & 100's on 1:05 were pretty tough

then we did

4 x 300 on 4:00 desc
    went 3:05 on #4

100 easy

Next meets are:

Fri Apr 1 - Sun 3, 2011
    South Central Zone SCY Championships
    Josh Davis Natatorium, San Antonio, TX

Thu Apr 28 - Sun May 1, 2011
    2011 USMS SCY Spring Nationals
    Kino Aquatic Complex, Mesa, AZ
    Order of Events
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  4. Monday...Monday

by , January 10th, 2011 at 01:08 PM (Year Three: The Road Back)
    Practice this morning was not spectacular, but not completely ugly either. As I am having trouble kicking this cold that is lingering horribly long, I wasn't expecting all that much from practice. All told, we did 3,600 scy - most of that derived from a 1x300 pull on 5:00, 3x50 free descend set that was repeated four times. On the pull, I used my paddles for the last 3 300's. I had quit using my paddles after injuring my right shoulder early on in my swimming. After my shoulder "recovered", it never felt the same and would twinge any time I put extra pressure on it (such as with paddles). This is one reason I decided to add light weights 3x/week to my new year's swimming regimen. Using paddles today reminded me of why I like them periodically - the arm/shoulder muscles were really burning at the end of the third 300. However, there was no shoulder pain.

So, today's workout was a pleasant surprise for me. I actually felt good during the pulls and was holding about 1:25/100 throughout. Tomorrow's workout is slated to be 4,600scy all based on 1:30/100. Yikes! It will be interesting to see how I do - I can typically hold 1:22-1:25 if I don't panic (when the interval is such that I don't feel rushed). However, when I know the interval might be tight, I tend to fall apart. Tomorrow's focus - relax! I'll let you know how it goes....

What I wish I could figure out (other than how to kick this cold for good) is what I need to do to best recover between swims. I've started to add much more stretching (legs especially) in between swims, and I'm trying these protein powder shakes to up my protein levels. Can't see much improvement in how I feel between swims, but it hasn't been that long yet. Don't know right now if using the protein powder is working or not (or if my slump is just from my cold). Guess I'll keep on that for a little while longer and see what happens. Suggestions?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Monday, Jan. 10, 2011 5:15am

by , January 10th, 2011 at 01:01 PM (Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!)
    Today was a rough morning to wake up...
    Didn't get out of bed 'till 4:57am so I got in the pool a few minutes late today.
    I didn't do anything too noteworthy except to try out my new Breaststroke Fins that I got in the mail over the weekend.
    I did take the advice of many here in USMS and used them sparingly to start out. They are amazing how much propulsion you get with them, it is almost a false sense of security.
    After my pullout, I can take 5 strokes w/ kicks and be at the end of the 25 yards, and unbelievably fast too! Afterwards when I take off the fins and swim again, I can almost not even feel the water at all with my feet though. I think I'm still kicking fine (like I always have), it's just that feeling of kicking right after using fins.
    Overall I like the effect of the fins, I'll just have to try them out more over time.
    I did manage to get about 2000 yards of back and forth swimming including some dive 25s sprints at the end of practice.
  6. Mon Jan 10th, 2010

by , January 10th, 2011 at 11:22 AM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Mon Jan 10th, 2010

scy
    whitney Coached
    UT Swim Center, main pool
    6:30 to 7:30 dove in on time
    trained with todd, brandon, & kelly
    beside richie, amy, marcio, mike, Neil & doug
    WORE yingfa jammer

WARM UP
    2 rounds of 200 fr, 100 rev IM, 100 k
    went 1:12 on 2nd 100 k

Main SET:

3 rounds of
    4 x 50 fr on :33
    rest 18 sec after #4 to leave on the 2:30
    4 x 100 on 1:05
    200 easy finger tip drag free
    100 10 kick drill
    4 x 25 IM order 1/2 fast 1/2 easy

~ ~ ~

4 x 300 on 4:00 desc
    went 3:03 on #4

100 easy

On my way to the locker room I stopped to watch UT men do a set of backstroke 50's where they balanced a semi full paper gatorade cup on their foreheads as they swam a 50 back
    Guess it helps swimmers focus on keeping their heads still.

Next meets are:

Fri Apr 1 - Sun 3, 2011

Order of Events
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  7. 1/10/11

by , January 10th, 2011 at 10:26 AM (The Labours of SwimStud)
    Solo swim today so I decided I'd use my snorkel and do the pyramid.

Warm Up
    600 FR/BK by 50 with forearm fulcrums

Main
    I used a 1:40 interval and was getting a good 10-12 seconds/100 rest.

Kick

500 with fins alternating FR and FLY

Cool Down

Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Back on track but....

by , January 10th, 2011 at 07:33 AM (Mixing it up this year)
    Those aches and pains are really getting annoying. Getting old stinks but I guess it beats the alternative at this point.

10x100@1:40 Free last 5 got alot faster than normal
    500 Free kick w/fins as 25easy/25mod/25fast
    500 kick w/fins alternate by 100 fly/back
    10x100@1:30 Free w/paddles & bouy desc 1-5, 6-10 went 1:23, 1:22, 1:21, 1;21, 1:20, 1:27, 1:25, 1:22, 1:20, 1:17
    4x50 free from block sprint first 15meters then easy
    100 Free
    100 back
    200 free

Total 3600 yards
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Triple, Sunday, Jan. 9

by , January 9th, 2011 at 09:00 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Drylands:

RC Work: arm extensions (3 sets), external rotators (3 sets), seated straight arm dips, chops on yoga ball, tricep kick backs, arm circles

extreme step up lunge, 10 each leg
    -- This time, I stacked steps to be over 2 feet. Much harder than the 18 inch box. Really felt the burn in the hips and quads. These are harder than single leg squats. Can't imagine doing them with dumbbells yet at this height.
    box jumps, 2 x 10
    flutter kicks on bosu, 2 x 50
    back extensions w/plate, 25 x 2 x 15
    new exercise: altitude drop from 18 inch box (eccentric) right into broad jump, 10
    -- love this one! But you need quite a bit of room for it.

I really only meant to go to the gym to do RC work. But once I was there, I figured I'd do a little plyo +core.

Mini Swim/SCM/Solo @ Gym:

Warm up:

600 various

Speed Work:

10 x 25 ATP-CP @ 1:00
    did burst dolphin kick on belly to 15 meters

100 EZ

1 x 50 breast w/fins AFAP (went 34 ish)

200 EZ

Total: 1200 meters

Bikram Yoga, 90 minutes:

I had yoga plans with a friend who shows addictive potential to bikram. So I went straight from gym + swim to yoga. The yoga studio was absolutely packed again. Either bikram is suffering from resolutionist syndrome or some college students are still home. When the room is packed like sardines, I think it makes the heat seem even more oppressive. I was so grateful when the instructor turned it down somewhat after camel with only a few poses left. I was melting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

Success! I was really blasted most of the day yesterday after my team practice. But I seemed to have successfully slept off the fatigue and aches with a monster night of sleep. At least I woke up feeling quite refreshed and still feel great. Rather ebullient even. Now perhaps tomorrow I'll feel it more.

After a lot of RC work and icing, my left shoulder feels better. But I will still proceed with caution. Think I'll stick with only one workout tomorrow. I feel a 6 x 50 @ 3-4:00 minutes coming on fairly soon.

And there is a new $60 Finis all rubber monofin out: http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com...news/25420.asp

Updated January 9th, 2011 at 10:02 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Yoga
  10. 1/09/11

by , January 9th, 2011 at 06:10 PM (The Labours of SwimStud)
    Missed warm up today so hopped right into it with the group

Main

4x 100 pull
    4 x thru

300 LOCO 2 x 50 FR Fast
    LOCO: 25, 25, 50, 50, 75, 75 Alt stroke & Fr in IM Sequence.

Free Set
    2 x 50 K w/ fins 1:15
    2 x 100 swim w/fins 1:45
    3 x 50 K w/ fins 1:15
    3 x 100 swim w/fins 1:45
    4 x 50 K w/ fins 1:15
    4 x 100 swim w/fins 1:45

Cool Down

4 x 50
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Sat, Jan 9

by , January 9th, 2011 at 02:59 PM (Keepin Track 2010)
    400 swim
    150 K
    50 drill

P200 FR 1:30 base
    P4x100 FR 1:30 base
    rest :30
    K 200 FR w/board
    K 4x100 BR no board on 2:00 base
    P200 FR
    S 4x100 BR (alt 25 drill, 25 S) on 2:00 base

100 WD

Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Ruminations

by , January 8th, 2011 at 09:38 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    I've erased all my old "blogs" and moved them to the "FLOG" page. Silly me, I thought that was what this was for!

I find that I am becoming addicted to the Discussion Forum. I've been reading it for a few years, but only started posting on it this last fall. I realized I was in the wrong place for posting my workouts when I saw something about the GTD (Go The Distance)in a post & thought I would do that too, but good grief, I don't even have the faintest idea how much I should put for my goal. My real goal is to have the guts to go to an actual swim meet! I have no idea how truly slow I am, and I'm not sure I really want to find out! What kind of times do I put on the entry form? I know I will seem like I'm sand bagging, especially in the first meet, but, there we have it - I have no idea how fast or slow I may go, and I don't want to embarrass myself!

This empty nester stuff is really getting to me. I can't really live vicariously through my son anymore, so I need to find some way to put a little extra meaning in my life. After having 5 kids, and only two of them swimmers, I kinda wish they were the first two, so I wouldn't feel so depressed. I miss talking about our workouts together, son of mine! Wish you would call home more often and share stories of your workouts, and workout buddies in college!! Fortunately, my sweet husband is, funny enough, actually interested in my goofy stories from work and the pool, and listens to me for hours. I feel like I have no direction right now. Wes & I basically "graduated" at the same time, and as he went off to college, I started my new career - but life is very empty when I come home to a very quiet house in the evening - and both my hubbie & I are on diets - so I (shouldn't) don't even get to bake treats any more!

My biggest gripes about swimming right now:
    1) I have to swim in the mornings, mostly all by myself, in the dark, alone, at 5:30 AM. Plus, right now, it's **** cold outside, so it's cold & dark & lonely.
    2) I don't get to swim at lunch with friends who would push me to try harder - and I also miss that camaraderie. (Hmmm, sounds a lot like gripe #1)
    3) My elbows hate me. I have bilateral medial epicondylitis. I've had this for going on 15 months now. They wake me up at night, they interfere with my shopping, and doing my job, and of course, they interfere with my swimming. If they didn't hurt, I might be able to do weights. If they weren't injured, I probably would be faster, because I think I have lost some strength from the injury.

So, GOALS for the new year. These are not resolutions (like, I resolve to get to the gym more. . .) these are goals with a plan.
    1) Lose the weight and get back down to 125lbs. And stay there. Less weight means, less drag in the water, and swimsuits won't have to always be black!
    2) Go to at least 5 meats this year.
    3) Do the 10 mile OW swim in Tennessee in September 2011
    4) Figure out how to swim at lunch at least twice a week
    5) Well, I would put goal times here - but I don't have a baseline, so that will have to wait. I did fairly well in the New Years 5000 swim, holding about a 1:10 for the 1:20's, and I would like to think that means I can seriously aim for under 6:00 in the 500 free - but we shall see.

~Me~

Updated January 16th, 2011 at 09:40 PM by Celestial

Categories
    Swim Workouts , Planning
  13. Saturday, Jan. 8

by , January 8th, 2011 at 07:54 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    SCY @ GMU:

400 swim
    100 back
    200 kick
    100 breast
    200 kick (25 left side, 25 right side)

I missed about 300 of the warm up.

Main Set:

2 x through:

2 x 300 free pull w/paddles & buoy @ 4:10
    second one faster than first
    I didn't pull; I used fins.
    On the second round, I kicked the last one (and that was faster than my free, lol).

1 x 100 IM drill @ 2:00

2 x 200 IM @ 3:10
    second one faster than first

1 x 50 scull

3 x 100 kick, no fins, descend (I descended to 1:22)

4 x 25 free/back @ :30
    1 = 12.5, 12.5 easy
    2 = 12.5 easy, 12.5 fast
    3 = easy
    4 = fast

50 EZ

200 warm down

Total: 4400 (4100 for me)

Gym:

20-25 minutes of RC Work

20 minutes of stretching

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a rest day yesterday, but still didn't feel particularly refreshed today. It could be that I slept poorly last night though. Or it could be that I'm allergic to aerobic sets.

We were in the diving well today, as there was a meet at GMU. There were 5 in my lane, which is crowded for us. It felt really wavy -- not used to that at all.

My left shoulder is still bothering me and feels a bit tendonitis-like in the shoulder blade and rear delt area. I think it's a combination of paddle use (with the red strokemakers) on Jan. 2, lifting heavy on the hi row on Friday and sleeping on the damn thing. If only I could sleep on my back! As a result, I did no pulling today and used fins on all the swims. And got myself to the gym to do RC work. Coach said to lay off the paddles for a month.

I had been planning on going to my team practice tomorrow, but, given my shoulder, I might just do a short kick or recovery practice of my own and yoga. Undecided. I like our Sunday practices, which are stroke and sprint oriented. But I should probably err on the side of caution.

According to my flog, this week I swam 5x (15,000+), lifted 2x, went to yoga 1x, and did a lot of stretching. I kicked 5,000 yards. Wednesday will be three weeks of hard training, and I feel like I need a recovery week or a few days of recovery. I have a PRP appt next Friday (cancelled my Dec. appt when I was sick), so it would be ideal to take it easy around that time. I'm dreading it, it's so painful.

Just got back from Black Swan -- excellent psychological thriller.

Updated January 8th, 2011 at 08:20 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  14. Ducks and waves

After 6 straight days of swim workouts, I decided to take today off from pool swimming and just enjoy a beautiful day at this NW Florida beach. For a few weeks every year around winter solstice the sun manages to both rise and set over the gulf here. Thatís coming to an end soon, but this morning I enjoyed a beautiful clear sunrise over the water, rather than at the pool.

Mid-morning I went into Seaside for one of my favorite treats, duck eggs from the farmers market. The lady who sells them encouraged me on my last visit to look at her website. I was glad I didóit turns out the ducks have their own pool! I asked her about it today, and she explained that the duck farmers used to have their own pool, but one day the latch was left unlocked and the ducks discovered it. Now the flock clamors to swim every morning, so itís become theirs. Now Iíll think about those lucky ducks going for a swim each day at sunrise as I head out to do the same!

In the afternoon I decided to swim in the gulf. The water temp has been steadily in the mid-to-high 50s over the last week, which is on the low side for this time of year but still swimmable. There were some waves left over from yesterdayís rough surf. This beach has a sort of double surf zone created by two long sandbars. When thereís moderate surf, hereís how it often looks:

It looks like you should be able to swim between the two surf zones without waves breaking over you, Sometimes that works, and that was my plan today. But the water seemed to have other ideas. There were enough breaking waves there that I had to spend a lot of time looking around at the surf and swimming under or with waves. I had planned to swim an easy mile down to the beach flag and back, but eventually I decided to stop trying to avoid getting rolled by waves and just do what the water seemed to want to do. So I spent the rest of my time in the water bodysurfing, which was a lot of fun. I stayed in about 30 minutes, and was pretty shivery by the time I got out and back up to the condo. Luckily I had cranked the heat up before I left, so once I changed out of my wet suit I warmed up quickly.

Tonight Iím having one of my favorite dinners: baked potatoes topped with poached duck eggs, along with a salad of pretty local veggies. Itís good to have a farmers market nearby!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. a rare Saturday workout

by , January 8th, 2011 at 07:00 PM (Swim like an Orca, but faster !)
    I don't know who I borrowed this workout from, and I did a quick scan through the blogs to re-find it so I can give credit, so thanks to who-ever posted this, its was great. Mixing it up and shocking the system is always a good thing.

Saturday Jan 7, 2011
    Swimstitute
    1200-1:45

Warm 2x100,200Im drill,200 K, 100 P

2x50m Fly on 1:30 Written as 5x50 Fly
    1x100m Fr Fast K w/fins
    4x25m Fr on :30 (:17)
    1x50m Fr scull

6x75 Br on 1:30
    1x100m Bk Fast K
    4x25 Fr on :30
    1x50 scull

5x100IM on 2:30, 2:15 (1:30)
    1x100 Fast K w/fins
    4x25Fr on :30
    1x50 scull

5x100 Bk on 2:30 (1:45)
    1x50 K Fast BK w/fins
    4x25 Fr on :30
    1x50 scull

100 cool

3300 SCM

Swimstitutes is a SCM indoor, with water temp at 85 degrees, so I felt smothered as compared to my home pool at Aquasol, which is around 78-80. I didnt put much effort into anything, I just wanted to enjoy a long workout and tune out the world.

Im averaging 4 workouts a week at Aquasol, my 100Im, 100BK and 200IM times keep slowly improving. I focus on technique, and it takes a long time to get muscle memory. Since Im a late starter in competitive swimming.
    Ive been busy with working a state job since Dec. 2009, and Im within 2 weeks of passing probation.
    Coach was out during Christmas break, so I started borrowing from the blogs, because this is the best resource for good workouts!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  16. A warm pool and more kids

by , January 8th, 2011 at 06:10 PM (Mixing it up this year)
    The pool was on the hot side but I managed to swim well today.

10x100@1:40 Free
    500 Free kick w/fins every 3rd fast
    5x100@1:30 as 50Free/50Back w/paddles & bouy
    300 Breast kick w/brfins

worked with the kids for an hour then finished up

200 Free easy
    4x25 fly

Total 2600 yards
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  17. 5 Swims this Week!!

by , January 8th, 2011 at 05:02 PM (Adventures in Swimming)
    Yea Haw!!!!
    I made 5 workouts this week.
    3 With the sharks and 2 on my own.
    Saturday's Swim felt great.

Coached on Friday
    It's was 200 Friday

1 X 200 SWIM
    2 X 100 KICK / SWIM BY 50 :10R
    4 X 50 DR SWIM BY 25 :10R
    8 X 25 IM ORDER 2X :10R (800)

EVERYTHING :15R
    4 X 50 IM ORDER OR ODD STROKE/EVEN FREE
    2 X 100 IM OR ONE STROKE / ONE FREE
    1 X 200 IM :30R
    1 X 200 FREE REMEMBER DESCEND THE LADDER
    2 X 100 FREE TRY TO KEEP YOUR STROKE MOVING
    4 X 50 FREE ACCELLERATE THE TURNS AND FINISH
    8 X 25 FREE DESC by 2's LAST 2 SHOULD BE SPRINT
    (1400/2200)
    1 X 200 KICK/SWIM BY 25 EZ RECOVERY (200/2400)

1 X 400 PADDLE SWIM BUILD BY 100 (400/2800)

4 X 50 EVEN PACE ABOUT 80%
    8 X 25 ODD SPRINT CHOICE / EVEN EZ FREE
    (400/3200)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  18. Easing into the weekend?

by , January 8th, 2011 at 04:49 PM (Year Three: The Road Back)
    As I headed to the Y this morning, I was debating swimming with the team or swimming on my own. That decision became easier when I actually got to the Y and no other teammates were there. Of course, neither was a lifeguard. After waiting 15 minutes for a guard to show up, I left my regular Y and drove to the next closest Y about 20 minutes away. Once there, I decided to scrap the team workout and do my standard Saturday swim. I do two rounds of 500 free, 500 pull, 10 x 50 drill/swim (did all fly both rounds), and 500 kick. With a 250 cool-down, I did 4250 yards. Not bad for a "lazy" Saturday!

While the morning did not get off to the start I hoped for, once in the water, things started to improve. While I didn't feel especially good the first 500 free, I managed to do the pull in 7:30 (which is good for me!). On the second round, I changed up the order of events because I was tired and dreading doing a 500 free straight through. Even as I was swimming the 500 free, it felt terrible and slow - so bad I debated giving up halfway through, but made myself continue. When I finally touched the wall, I was amazed to see that my "slow" swim was actually 7:13!

That time really surprised me. I will say that my "easy" swims are now much faster than my fastest swims when I first jumped in the pool sixteen months ago. Nice to see the improvement, but hard for me to actually be patient for the next leap of improvement. Why is it that as my swimming gets faster by the clock, it doesn't feel faster? Why does it never get faster fast enough? Obviously, patience is not one of my virtues. But, I will keep plugging away and next year at this time, I hopefully be wondering how I could have been so slow swimming a 7:13.

As I realize that we're already midway through January, I find myself getting nervous for my upcoming meet the end of the month. I signed up to race the 100 fly for the first time ever - and have only made a 100 fly in practice twice. The 100 fly comes after I swim the 50 fly, 50 free, and 100 free. (I may scrap the 100 IM - my last event - based on how I feel after the 100 fly - content to play that one by ear.) My main goal is to just finish the 100 fly legally - the time on this one is of secondary importance. Any tips out there for strategy or final week preparation for me?

Oh well, enough about swimming for now... it's wildcard weekend. GO COLTS!!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  19. Saturday, 1/8/11

by , January 8th, 2011 at 02:04 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    SCY, Solo

Warm up (900)
    200 Choice
    100 - 4 front sculls - 4 swim strokes - 4 mid sculls - 4 swim strokes
    100 - Back Pull
    100 - Dolphin Kick under water
    4 x 100/1:45 build - Back or Free

Swim Set #1 (800)
    Swim Set Twice (2 x )
    1 x 200 choice smooth/3:45
    8 x 25/40 FAST (1st time through - Fly, 2nd time through set - Back)

Set #2: Kick Flutter or Dolphin Kick (1050)
    Kick Set 3 Times: 1 - No Fins, 2- with Fins, 3 - Monfin
    50 Underwater
    50 On Front
    50 On Left side
    50 On back
    50 On Right side
    50 12 - 3 - 12 (flutter) or 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 (dolphin)

Set #3 (600)
    1 x 600 (May use fins)
    50 drill - 25 build - 25 sprint
    *Free Drill - Straight Arm Recovery
    *Back Drill - 12 - 3 - 12 with cup on head
    Alternate 100 free/100 back

Cool down
    150 back and free

Total: 3350 yards

Updated January 8th, 2011 at 07:56 PM by poolraat

Categories
    Uncategorized
  20. Sat Jan 8th, 2010

by , January 8th, 2011 at 11:21 AM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Sat Jan 8th, 2010

Today's practice started at 6:00 am, 30 min earlier than normal,
    The Longhorn Aquatics New Year's Classic Meet is going on at the swim center

renewed my USMS membership for 2011
    Don't have a masters team?
    Register with Longhorn Masters

scy
    whitney Coached
    UT Swim Center, diving well (warm)
    6:00 to 7:30 dove in on time
    trained with brandon, richie & kelly
    beside Todd amy, james fike, marcio, Larry, Jim, & guy
    WORE yingfa jammer

WARM UP
    went around 1000

Main SET:

15 x 100 on 1:10
    went 2nd behind brandon
    held 3's, 4's & 5's

1000 recovery done (200 fr 50 k 200 IM 50 k)

15 x 100 on 1:10
    lead lane, didn't feel good, took 10 sec break at 5 & 12

14 easy 50's on 1:00

25 br
    went 13.3

Next meets are:

Fri Apr 1 - Sun 3, 2011