View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Fun with Tennis Balls

Another good class last night. Despite late-week fatigue, I managed to hit 2200, a fun mix of strokes, drills, and kicking. Worked more on freestyle open turns and have managed to eliminate (more or less) the pesky grab/ yank/ pop up habit. The turns already feel more smooth and powerful. Bless those Go Swim videos for the nifty pointers!

Was very surprised to see the yardage total, because I felt like a slow-moving boxcar last night. I've been having some problems with sore leg muscles lately--it might be my winter shoes, which are getting very worn out. I've been doing a lot of stretching, but I can still barely kick. This, coupled with general exhaustion (I might be fighting off a virus), is really taking its toll on my swimming. At these times, just getting in the water is a triumph.

We also did a fun breaststroke drill with a tennis ball tucked beneath the chin to keep the head position steady and the eyes focused down. I could only manage a couple of strokes before the ball went flying, but it was still a very instructive drill. Of course, I like to joke it's because of my tiny chin, not my bad form, that I couldn't keep the tennis ball in place.

Coach is running a butterfly clinic in a couple of weeks. Woo-hoo--I'm always on the lookout for another stroke to do badly.

Happy weekend!
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  2. Who'll stop the rain?

At least the rain didn’t stop me. It was pouring when I headed out this morning, but the pool was open and was even set up long course. When I first got in it was just me and the pool vacuum in the water. (The pool vacuum is an amazing contraption. It creeps along the bottom making Darth Vader noises until it encounters a wall, then whines and rasps until a lifeguard rescues it by pulling it slowly backwards by its cord. It has a transparent bag attached to it to collect debris, so in the water it looks like some strange robot/jellyfish hybrid creature. It must do its job pretty well, because the pool here still looks sparkly after being open for 4 years.)

After a few laps some more swimmers came, and I got to do the main set with my swim buddy Mark who’s training for the Auburn meet. Here’s the workout I swam

1000 warmup

6 x 50 (25 drill/25 fast)

10 x 200 stroke sandwiches (50 FR / 100 ST / 50 FR) @ 4:00 [On the odds, I did BK for the ST 100; on the evens, I alternated 50 FL/50 BK and 50 BK / 50 BR. Since the interval was generous, I concentrated on keeping a steady kick on my FR rather than letting my feet bob behind me.]

200 warmdown
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Just an easy swim before the meet

by , February 5th, 2010 at 08:05 AM (Mixing it up this year)
    400, 300, 200, 100 @:15R Free
    500 Free kick w/fins
    500 Free alt by 50 drill/kick w/fins & snorkle
    2x200@:15R alt by 50 free/back w/bouy
    100 free easy
    200 breast kick
    200 alt by 50 breast/free
    100 free easy

Total 300 meters
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 02-04-10 Workout Aquasol

by , February 4th, 2010 at 11:28 PM (Swim like an Orca, but faster !)
    300 Warm

6x75 FR 3strokes n/b into then out of the turns

6x50 BK kick w/ fins, 10 dolphins (orca's) off each wall :60

10x25 Fly 4 kicks UW, first 2 strokes n/b on :40

400 FR/BR 25FR, flip BR pulldown 25 BR, etc...

500 Hypoxic Pull by 25's 3/5/7 ( did 3/5/7/3/5/3/5 etc...)

100 cool
    2300 scy

Tomorrow I start P/T for my cervical reticulitis, this has been a sore spot for several weeks now, made my month at Folsom miserable, but I just did the best I could despite the pain.
    I prefer the set by set coaching at Aquasol with the instant feedback and accountability when pressed with a repetitive interval to just reading off a board or notepaper in plastic. We are really fortunate to have our coach, I always feel like I'm training for something important. We are a small group and although we don't have the super Patterson's or Stevenson type swimmer's, (in other word's it would be cool to have some fast swimmer's in our team)... we still have fun.

Updated February 5th, 2010 at 07:36 AM by EricOrca

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A Regular Day

by , February 4th, 2010 at 10:55 PM (Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!)
    Today was a regular basic day.
    Tonight's swim was with Nasti's. I'm glad it was an easy workout; it was just what I needed.

**500 Freestyle Building Swim
    **4 X (25 IM Roll// 50 Freestyle// 75 Fly-back-breast// 2 x 100 free// 75 stroke// 50 Free//25 IM roll)
    **200 easy free cool-down

2,700 scy

We are supposed to get alot of snow tomorrow. I hope it starts early. I'd love a 2 hour delay or better yet a snow day!

I'm getting excited about the Superbowl! Go Colts!!!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. The pool was so nice, I swam there twice

(Well, actually it had more to do with the dismal weather predictions, but that wouldn't rhyme.)

This morning I went to the pool to swim on my own. There was a coached workout scheduled for tonight, but heavy rain and possible thunderstorms were forecast and I wasn’t sure that the pool would be open later. So I hedged my bets by driving in for a short morning swim. I was glad I did, if just for the glorious sunrise on the way to the pool. Here’s what I did:

1100 warmup

Twice through:
    12 x 50 @ 1:00, done as
    1 x 50 FR Kick
    1 x 50 BR Kick
    2 x 50 (25 BR / 25 FR)
    1 x 50 BR Kick
    1 x 50 BK Kick
    2 x 50 (25 BK / 25 BR)
    1 x 50 BK Kick
    1 x 50 FL Kick
    2 x 50 (25 FL / 25 BK)

300 SKPS warmdown

Then this afternoon the rain held off and we got to have practice anyway. I was offered an option of sprinting or a longer IM-focused session, and I chose the sprinting:

800 SKPS warmup

4 x 50 (25 build/25 fast) @ :50 [I did reverse IM order]

200 EZ

4 x broken 100s @ 5:00 (25 /:10 rest/25/ :10 rest/ 50) [I went 1:01-low, 1:00-mid, 59-high, 59-low, and swam 100 easy between each]

200 easy

4 x 50 with fins and paddles (25 heads-up kick, 25 sprint swim) @ 3:00 or so

100 easy

4 x (12½ sprint, 12 ½ easy) @ 1:00

200 warmdown

Emphasis on all the sprinting was maintaining a great kick.

So I did a double today, for the first time in ages, but without doing any more yardage than I would do in a long single session. And tomorrow morning I’ll be back for more! (or at least that’s the plan).
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Run Forrest, Run.... 2/4/10

by , February 4th, 2010 at 07:01 PM (The Labours of SwimStud)
    Yup I ran again today...not quite the pain of last week but another good 40 minuter which took me about 4.5 miles. I think I was over that but the damn emergency cut off cord got caught on my hand as I went to forward my ipod and the treadmill stopped. Grrrrr...

You know it's been 10 years since I've been able to enjoy running like this. Swimming has revolutionsed my life thusly:

• Lost 20lbs in 2 months.
    • Gained a sense of calm in my spirit.
    • Helped gain control of soul.
    • Impressed Fortress with my Adonis calves.
    • Fit into a size 30 Speedo.
    • Renewed sense of modesty, and humility.
    • Better back health.
    • Ability to get more workouts done.
    • Back health allowing core work to be done.
    • Flattening of the stomach.
    • Reconnecting with my love of swimming.

The list goes on...

So after the run I got in a 20 minute core session and finished with my RC health & shoulder routine.

"Atlanta!"

Updated February 4th, 2010 at 10:09 PM by SwimStud

Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Thursday, 2/4/10

by , February 4th, 2010 at 05:14 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    SCY Solo

300 swim free
    3 x 100 w/10 sec. rest. alt. 50 drill/50 distance per stroke
    (On the drill, did fist drill and focused on tricep extension to get the full range of the stroke. SPL on 2nd 50 was 16-17)

4 x 75 kick on back with zoomers, build
    (did these on 1:30, times were 1:10->1:02

swim 50 free easy

swim 4 x 50 free on 1:00 descend to all out: really work on the stroke range, especially at the triceps.
    (went 37-36-35-34)
    swam 50 free easy

swim 4 x 25 free FAST on 45: try to get the turnover going with the full stroke range you were getting on the 50s
    (was hitting 15-16 on these, the last 2 were really hard)

100 easy

swim 4 x 50 back on 1:10 descend to all out: work on stroke range as above, but also work on keeping your hips up as you descend.
    (went 42-39-38-37 held sdk at 6-8 on all)

swim easy 50

swim 4 x 25 back FAST on :45
    (these got gradually slower, went from around 17 to 19 on the last. kept sdk at 6-8)

swim 100 easy

swim 50 fly fast from a push
    (not very fast, :37)

swim down 200 easy

Total: 2100 yards

Strength training tonight
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Feel the Burn!

by , February 4th, 2010 at 04:25 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Blogging from my iPhone as I stand in line for an hour waiting to get into the HS Regional meet ...

This morning, I met Speedo at OakMarr for our Thursday swim. Fortunately, he checked the website and saw the pool closed at noon, so we met at 10:30. We did the same kick set we did last Thursday. I was worried my legs would still be gassed from my marathon kick session yesterday, but I actually went faster than last week. Pete was somewhat surprised at my kick endurance (and honestly I was too), but I think all those shooters and kick mountains have paid off. It went thusly:

SCY @ OakMarr w/Speedo:

Warm up:

800 various

Kick Set 1:

6 x 200 @ 3:30

1-2 cruise flutter kick w/board to get legs warmed up; I did 150s.)
    3-6 = backstroke kick, no fins

Went 2:56, 2:53, 2:56 (nose clip problems), 2:51
    I had a good last 25 on the last 200. These were hard!

To compare, last week, I went 2:59, 2:56, 2:56, 2:53.

I'm hoping these have been some practice for next weekend's 200 back.

100 EZ

Kick Set 2:

6 x 100 kick w/fins @ 1:20
    odds = flutter kick w/board
    evens = backstroke kick

Went: 1:00, 1:03, 1:03, 1:02, 1:03, 1:01. Really got out after it on the first one. . Maybe a little too much ... Got a cramp on the second one and then just went as fast as I could. Legs were really burning. As I recall, last time I went 1:03-1:05. I'll have to check later. (Edit: Yes, my recollection was accurate.)

100 EZ

Kick Set 3:

10 x 1:00 vertical kick
    odds = dolphin
    evens = breast

100 EZ

10 minutes hot tub

Total: 2800 + VK

Commentary:

My wrist felt better today. That's a good thing after days of intense kicking and leg work! I' done over 10,000 yards in 8 days.

No other time for working out today. We'll see what tomorrow holds. I've heard that school for tomorrow is already cancelled. My investment in DVDs is really paying off this snowy winter.

Updated February 4th, 2010 at 08:49 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts , Test Sets
  10. Thu Feb 4th 2010

by , February 4th, 2010 at 10:31 AM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Thu Feb 4th 2010

Subscribe to this Blog

WEIGHTS

TODAYS SWIM PRACTICE

scy, main pool
    Whitney coached
    6:30 - 8:00
    swam with Michael Lovato & Jon, beside
    Tyler, Marcio, Paul, Max, & Mark

Warm Up
    800 done 175 fr with 3 SDKs off each wall, 25 under water

Main Set

continuous on :35 / 50 base
    50, 100, 150, 200, 200, 150, 100, 50
    made it

1000 done 2 rounds of 300 k 150 fists closed 50 fast

put on my pulling equipment (leg skin)

continuous on :35 / 50 base
    50, 100, 150, 200, 200, 150, 100, 50
    made it

1000 done 4 rounds of 25 fast, 25 easy, 50 fast 50 easy, 100 IM

8 x 25 on 50 SDK no breath

25 SDK fast
    whitney timed
    went 10.7

2010 MEETS:

March 4 - 6, 2010
    Austin Grand Prix
    Austin, TX
    Count Down

April 9 -11
    2010 South Central Zone Short Course Championships
    The Woodlands, TX
    Countdown

May 20 - 23, 2010
    2010 USMS Short Course National Championships
    Georgia Tech Aquatic Center
    Atlanta, GA
    Order of Events
    COUNTDOWN
  11. Backstroking

by , February 4th, 2010 at 07:33 AM (Mixing it up this year)
    With a meet this weekend I decided to cut things back alittle.

1000 as 200 swim/pull/swim/kick/swim
    10x50@:55 Back w/paddles & board
    500 Back kick drills w/fins by 100 did fshion model, partial recovery, underwater recovery, arms perpendicular and streamline kick
    50@1:00 Back went :45
    100@2:00 Back went 1:35
    150@3:00 Back went 2:40
    200@4:00 Back went 3:17
    300 free kick w/fins
    200 free easy swim

Total 3000 yards
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Low Fat Jimmies ™

by , February 3rd, 2010 at 10:37 PM (Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton)
    Forced myself to go to practice tonight despite ongoing queasiness. Did 3,300 desultory yards of freestyle (while my lanes mates swam I.M.s) and managed to keep the stomach contents on the right side of all sphincters, which I suppose is a blessing of some sort, if not for me, at least for my lane mates.

My last cartoon entry,
    Non-alcoholic digestif for a queasy mind, took quite a while to accumulate the 100 views I am holding myself to as a minimum before I post the next entry. This interlude, again, is probably a blessing, if not for me, at least for my viewers.

We have one of our Amish Mudhole meets this weekend, and I am signed up for the 200. My goal was to break two minutes, but since the descent of this queasiness, I have changed the goal to breaking three minutes.

My teammate Mark, AKA, 40yrold, who is, in fact, about to turn 42, suggested that in another day or so, my goal will be to just finish the 200. He may be right. Then again, his abilities to project into the future appear a bit suspect, as his choice of user names two years ago hints at.

Tonight's cartoon is presented via a new technology that I accidentally discovered was lying around on my computer: Adobe Photoshop Elements. Evidently, I got a low-tech version of this when I bought my scanner.

I mentioned it to my brother, who said he could show me how to use it. Until he had time to do so in detail, he said to just open two photos at the same time, then use the "lasso tool" and the "black cursor" to move stuff from A to B.

I tried it.

This, plus my nausea and ongoing financial problems, is how I came to invent Low Fat Jimmiesa revolutionary new snack delicacy for active swimmers.

I am hoping to interest Leslie into trying some. They are gluten-free and guaranteed not to upset my stomach (though I can make not claims regarding your stomach.)

The germ of the idea for
    Low Fat Jimmies originated many years ago, when I was a young boy with a fascination with ichthyology.

At one point, I had 17 different aquariums in our basement, all teeming with gravid live bearers.

Unfortunately for my cold-blooded wards, my interest in fish waned over the years. I became less and less reliable about traveling down to the basement to feed them.

I remember waking up one morning from uneasy dreams and a horrible sense of residual guilt.

It had been almost one month, I realized, since last I'd sprinkled any flakes upon the foul and diminishing waters.

Stung by pangs, I raced to basement in hopes of rescuing whatever few had survived starvation.

All of them--at least all of them large enough to see with the naked eye--were robustly, comically, even corpulently alive!

This is when I first realized that the Second Law of Thermodynamics, though inviolable over the long run, is nevertheless circumnavigable in the short run.

The cold-blooded live bearers had prospered by doing what they do best: cold-blooded breeding and birth giving.

Then they ate their young.

Low Fat Jimmiesare my variation on this quasi-autocannibalistic theme.

Granted, we will have to await some further refinements in genetic engineering, stem cell manipulations, cloning, and the like for this dream to become reality.

But I am convinced that it's only a matter of time before Modern Science will be able to mass produce miniaturized versions of my head ready for snacking purposes.

The exact size of the little Jimmy heads will, of course, need to be worked out--we want, for example, for the skull to offer just the right levels of crunchiness (not too much, not too little) which will
    , with a single bite, release the delicious bounty of Omega-3 fatty acids (the only fat is good fat in Low Fat Jimmies ™)

There are also virtually no carbs to worry about, nor any seriously dangerous and/or proven toxins to concern yourself with.

So enjoy!

I know that I shall enjoy a very long sabbatical before this particular entry garners100 views!

Until then, I just ask that you snack responsibly.

Oh--and brush your teeth more often than I do.

Jimmie snacks on an early prototype for
    Low Fat Jimmies

Updated February 3rd, 2010 at 10:49 PM by jim thornton

Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. Wednesday's (Horrifying) Shower Findings

by , February 3rd, 2010 at 10:26 PM (Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!)
    A good workout tonight at LA Fitness swimming solo. The water seemed a little cooler (84 or 85 instead of 88-89).

**400 Freestyle Swim Building
    **2 X 200 Free on 3:30 int(paddles)
    **4 X 100 Free on 1:45 int
    **8 X 50 Free on :55
    REST 1 minute
    **300 Free Swim Stretchy
    **3 X 100 Free on 1:40 int.
    **4 X 75 Backstroke on 1;30 int.
    **6 X 50 (2 fly/2 back/ 2 breast on 1:00 int)
    REST 1 minute
    **200 IM rest :30 sec
    **2 X 100 Free on 1:40 int.
    **4 X 40 Flutter on Back w/fins on 1:00 int.
    **8 X 25 on :30 (4 free/4 back)
    REST 1 Minute
    **100 IM rest :15
    **2 X (4 assorted fly drills done on 25's with underwater dolphin, perfect fly, alternate arm fly, and 4 kick fly) :30 sec int. Use Fins!
    **4 X 25 Fly on :30 no fins
    4,000 scy

I am quitting LA Fitness! My membership expires next week.
    If the pool were a bit cooler I would probably maintain the membership. The place is a pretty good deal at $35.00 a month if you take fitness classes and workout in the pool/ gym. Lately all I do is swim there 2 times a week. I think I can get a better deal with a nicer/bigger pool somewhere else.
    One of my last memories of LA Fitness will be the horrific moldy hairball that has lived in my favorite shower for 2 months!
    The nightmare started during my post-swim shower Thanksgiving week-end. I hopped in the shower and discovered a gnarly, thick, ebony colored hairball in the drain....it was big, really BIG!
    Unfortunately LA Fitness is a touch-free bathroom (hand dryers=NO PAPER TOWELS) so I had nothing to clear it out with. I didn't want to stand in the stall and dodge the crazy thing as it floated around in the pool puddle water soooo, I kicked it into the corner! Thankfully it wedged deep into the nook and stayed there!
    It stayed THERE; week after week, month after month. I developed a sick fascination with "checking it out" after each swim session.
    A month or so in the shower caused it to grow a fine coating of mold.
    Lately it seems to be morphing into a slick, black oily looking slime ball.
    I suspect it will eventually just liquify and seep down the drain. I'm predicting the hair (slime) ball will last longer than I do at LA Fitness.

Updated February 3rd, 2010 at 11:23 PM by Bobinator (spett)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. Calm Wednesday morning swim

This morning’s 6am practice was a quick turnaround from last night’s workout, but everything felt ok and it felt good to stretch out in the water. As I had hoped, my friend the bug stayed away from the pool (or at least from my lane). Here’s the workout we did:

900 warmup (3 x 100S/100K/100D)

12 x 25 kick @ :40, desc. within each set of 3

4 x 500 @ Rest :30-1:00: 1st 500 alt. drill/swim by 100; 2nd 500 is pull; 3rd 500 75S/25K; 4th 500 desc. by 100s [I did this set with my swimbuddy Ray, which made it fun—we’re very well matched for speed on freestyle, and really hammered the last 100 of that last 500.]

10 x 100 IM @ 1:45, keep pace steady [I held 1:30 +/- :02]

200 warmdown

I got some good tips from Coach Chuck on my FL and BK while doing the IM set.

The pool was hot today—I switched to my lycra cap midway through practice, and that made things a better.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. 2/3/2010 Ladder Day

by , February 3rd, 2010 at 08:43 PM (The Labours of SwimStud)
    Well I think it's a ladder...maybe someone can correct me if not.
    I was running low on time so a did a ladder today as I know it's fast and pretty good work.

1:30-1:35 pace

10 x 50 K 1:30 no fins. Legs felt a bit heavy so I went around 1:15 most of the time but it was still work.

4 x 100 2:00 desc 1:40, 1:30, 1:25, 1:20 all of these felt good solid swims not straining.
    4 x 50 cool

60 mins weights and stretching.

Thinking of a good sprint set fo my 50 FR.
    10 x 200 on 6:00 50 Flat out. 4 breaths 150 recovery rest to 6 minutes. What say ye? Good or bad?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  16. Wednesday, 2/3/10

by , February 3rd, 2010 at 06:54 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    SCY, solo

2x around:
    {200 swim, 200 kick, 200 pull}
    Round 1 free, Round 2 back

swim 4 x 150 on 2:30 descend 1-4

30 sec. rest

swim 4 x 150 back on 2:45 descend 1-4

pull 8 x 75 on 1:20 descend 1-4, 5-8
    with buoy only, did 1-4 free, 5-8 back

Sprint 50 fly
    (didn't go very fast on this even though the effort was there.)

150 easy swim down
    --
    Total: 3200 yards

45 minute spinning class
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  17. Yoga + Kick, Wed., Feb. 3

by , February 3rd, 2010 at 06:42 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Schools were closed due to our "blizzard." Yet I still got in a good day of working out.

Drylands:

6 rounds of:

1 x 100 jump rope hops
    3 position arms extensions

Power Yoga:

I did power yoga with the Bryan Kest power yoga DVD, advanced level.

Here's some info on Bryan Kest:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc1yU1JFPNI"]YouTube- Bryan Kest's Power Yoga[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8FS9X0ab0g"]YouTube- Kashi Ashram: Bryan Kest Power Yoga class, 4 of 4[/ame] (kinda funny)

http://www.poweryoga.com/aboutyoga/aboutbryan.php

I'm struggling with one advanced pose. You start with the revolved side angle pose with hands in prayer position like this: http://www.atmananda.com/blog/?p=227. Then you wrap your left arm under your leg and your right arm around over your back and join hands. I'm almost there; I guess I need a flexier spine.

I'm also working on a full camel pose in bikram -- http://www.flickr.com/photos/40576779@N02/3908316405/. I can do a regular camel easily enough, but I'd like to get all the way down.

Jazzy has a theory that I only like workouts that "hurt" and hence that's why I dislike vinyasa. But I don't find that bikram and power yoga "hurt;" they're just more challenging.

Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
    200 fly drills

Kick Set #1:

10 x 25 back shooters w/MF @ :30
    5 x 1:00 vertical kicking (dolphin, evil, dolphin, evil, dolphin)
    10 x 25 twirling shooters w/MF @ :30
    5 x 1:00 vertical kicking (same as above)
    10 x 25 belly shooters w/MF @ :30
    5 x 1:00 vertical kicking (same as above)

Kick Sets #2: CS Kick Mountain, done all dolphin kick w/board & MF

1 x 50 @ :45
    1 x 100 @ 1:30
    1 x 150 @ 2:15
    1 x 200 @ 2:45
    1 x 300 @ 4:15
    1 x 200 @ 2:45
    1 x 150 @ 2:15
    1 x 100 @ 1:30
    1 x 50 @ :45

I cut my previous intervals down by 15 seconds on the 200s and 300.

100 EZ

Stroke Set:

10 x 50 PLD evil w/MF @ 1:00

100 EZ

10 x (25 easy speed fly + 25 EZ) @ 1:00

100 EZ

Total: 4150 + 15 min. VK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

I felt pretty good today, though I'm quite sure my legs will be tired tonight. Well, they already are. Hoping to swim with Speedo tomorrow. My eyes are better; my wrist was sore after yesterday's drylands, so I didn't do anything to strain it today.

Updated February 3rd, 2010 at 08:56 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Yoga
  18. Getting the Most out of Lunch Break

Went swimming on my lunch break today; did 800 yards in 45 minutes.

Spent most of this workout focusing on freestyle open turns, using the Go Swim videos on You Tube. This is a great series of steps building toward a faster, more efficient open turn. Since time is so limited on my lunch break workouts, it seems to make more sense to focus on a particular skill, rather than just trying to slog through more yards.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  19. Wednesday Feb 3, 2010 - very late

I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I finally convinced myself at 5. I have to leave by ten to 5 to have a chance at getting there on time. Needless to say I dove in about 20 minutes late.

Warm-up was (didn't do any)

2 x ( 200 swim, 200 kick, 200 pull)
    Round 1 free, Round 2 choice

2 X (4 x 150) Descend
    Round 1 - free on 2:15
    Round 2 - BK/BR/FR on 2:30

12 x 75 pull on 1:10
    (I did 8 x 75 kick on 1:20 with zoomers)

200 c/d

2000 yards in less than 40 minutes. Kinda proud of that. Hoping to swim and be on time tomorrow.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  20. Wed Feb 3rd 2010

by , February 3rd, 2010 at 09:59 AM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Wed Feb 3rd 2010

TODAYS SWIM PRACTICE

scy, main pool
    Whitney coached
    5:30 - 7:00
    swam with Marcio, Max Nate, Mike V, tyler & Kelly Williamson

Warm Up
    200 k went 2:37

Main Set

3 x 300 on 4:00 done 100 mod 100 fast 100 mod

3 x 50 fl desc on 1:00

3 x 200 on 3:00 done 50 mod 100 fast 50 mod