View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Distance Friday

by , July 9th, 2010 at 05:09 PM (Adventures in Swimming)
    Swam with the Sharks SCY
    Coach Alex

400 Swim 50 Free/50 Bk

8 x 50 @ :50

4 x 100 IM or Choice on 2:00 (My kind of cycle)

4 x 500 Negative Split and Descend (That's what I did)
    We took about :60 rest between
    4 x 25 Blastoff's (Work the breakout)

100 Warm Down

My Lane got a late start. Most of us did 3 x 500.

It was kind of like Social Friday instead
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Friday, 7/9/10

by , July 9th, 2010 at 04:22 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    SCM, With Carrie

Warm – up

300 swim
    (200 free/100 back)
    3 x 100/1:50 Build
    (free, went 1:25 on these)

Drills
    3 x 100 Free/10sr
    25 L – 25R- 25 Fists – 25 Build
    2 x 75 Back/10sr
    25L – 25R – 25 Build

Main Set
    20 x 50
    2 x (2/1:15, 2/1:10, 2/1:05, 2/1:00. 2/55)
    (did these all free, kept times between 38-40)

Kick
    3 x the following set:
    1 x 100 Kick/3:00 AFAP
    (#1-2 free with board, went 1:51,1:54; #3 on back went 1:53)
    2 x 50 kick/15sr Recovery

Cool down
    100 easy

Total: 2750 meters
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 7/9/10 in memory of Andrew

I have been practicing just have not had the time to post it up. This afternoon I swam on my own. Kinda a difficult day today. My teammate,lanemate and friend was killed a year ago in car accident on way home from a summer swim meet. Andrew was just 17, on the National team, a honor student, active in volunteering in community and was just a great young man. His junior year he had times of 21.x, 46.x and 1:41.x in the freestyle. He always looked so effortless when he swam. We were lanemates and he would always harass me when I would have to leave practice early to go take my kids to their activities. He would call me the ole guy. Anyways, Andrews favorite event was the 200free so this practice was for him. He would have been 18 and a senior this year so this one is for you buddy.

25yard pool
    Warmup
    500 whatever
    10x50 @ 50 drill/swim

Main Set in memory of Andrew
    6x200 free @ 2:20
    minute rest
    6x200 free @ 2:15
    minute rest
    6x200 free @ 2:10

Warmdown
    400 free with snorkle

5,000 yards

Updated July 9th, 2010 at 05:07 PM by born2fly

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. O give me lane, lots of lane, under starry skies above . . .

This morning I went to early LC workout at Asphalt Green. Here’s what we did:

400 LCM warmup + bobbing and sinking

600 reverse-order IM, 100 Swim + 50 Kick of each stroke

8 x 50 drill: 2 fist, 4 tap drill, 2 dps

2 ˝ times through
    300 IM (50 FL, 100 BK, 50 BR, 100 FR)
    3 x 50 kick (1st round FL, 2nd round BR, 3rd round would have been BK if we’d gotten that far)
    3 x 50 easy FR, decreasing # of breaths by 2 on each successive 50

100 warmdown

Sometimes the numbers of swimmers in each lane at these workouts works out strangely. Today, there were 8 or 9 swimmers in each of the 2 fastest lanes, and just 2 or 3 in each of the other 2. By speed I would usually swim in the next-to-fastest lane, but today the range of speeds in that lane made efficient clumping unlikely (if the rest of the swimmers stay on each others’ feet, as they often do, I figure it really doesn’t matter whether I’m sharing a lane with 2 or 12 others, as long as I make sure I’m not in the middle of the clumping).

So I scooted over to one of the slower lanes and swam the workout there. That was fine for the drills—I’m a pretty slow driller—but on the IMs I was way too fast for the interval. So I compensated by doing double turns at each wall, and doing the vertical-axis strokes as 50 swim/50 kick. If I’d stayed in my original lane, I would have gotten in more yardage, but this way I got in some additional turn and kick work. It’s a trade-off I’m happy to make.

Sometimes I do wish teammates were less married to their usual lanes (not to mention their particular position within lanes), but it seems like it’s been that way on every masters team I’ve ever swum with. When I coached, one of the least pleasant parts of the job was trying to even out overcrowded lanes—there were always certain people you knew would have their feelings hurt or be in a snit for the rest of workout if you asked them to move down from “their” lane, and who even preferred swimming 7 or 8 in a scy lane to switching. I’m usually happier moving to wherever I can find good space to swim, and luckily in a lcm setup there’s usually somewhere that fits that description. Plus, I get to chat with swimmers I know less well, which is always fun.

This Sunday I’m headed out to the Wilton Summer Sizzler LCM meet and bbq. I’m signed up for 100 FR, 400 FR, 200 IM, 50 FL, and 50 FR. I’m swimming the 400 free just for the sake of doing all the events (minus the 1500) this summer—I predict that I will negative split it. The other event I don’t even have any predictions for, but I know it will be a fun day—it will be my first pool swim outdoors this season, and the Wilton folks always put on a fabulous event!

Good luck to everyone doing the Charlottesville swim this weekend! Stay cool and swim fast!
  5. FREEBIRD!

by , July 9th, 2010 at 01:40 PM (Too Neurotic to be Suitably Aquatic)
    I only played 8 songs today. They were:

Free Bird (Live) by Lynard Skynrd
    No Woman, No Cry (Live) by Bob Marley
    November Rain by Guns N' Roses
    Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
    Gloria (Live) by The Doors
    We Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who
    Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin
    Layla by Eric Clapton

Took the whole darn practice to finish the playlist anyway.

For the entire duration of No Woman, No Cry and part of November Rain (I'd guess that to be about 15 minutes) we took a break from our regular routine of swimming back and forth and back and forth to focus on some vertical kicking. At first I was all, "pshaw, I got this, I can tread water for hours." Then, Coach came over, and made it clear to us newbies that the vertical kicks were to be done in a full-on streamline position, hands above heads.

That is harder.

This lane-leading kickboarder could only make it through one of the three 20-second intervals without full-on drowning and resorting to keeping my hands out of the water via the Miss America waving position.

Then we did some underwater bobs and streamline ups, where I learned about making sure not to propel yourself off the floor of the pool head-first into a lane line. Ouch.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. End of the week YEAH!

by , July 9th, 2010 at 08:15 AM (Mixing it up this year)
    Here comes the weekend.

1000 Free as 200 spsks
    500 Free kick w/fins every 3rd 25 fast
    500 Free kick w/fins & snorkle push
    5x200@3:45 as 100 Free/100 Back w/paddles
    500 Free EASY

Total 3500 meters
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Double swims

by , July 9th, 2010 at 12:14 AM (Elise's Fitness Fun)
    Headed to the Y this morning and did a basic feel for the water workout:

Reverse 400 I.M. (one arm on fly)
    600 kick with fins (200 fly kick on back, 200 back kick, 200 free kick)
    Repeat

2000 SCY

This afternoon, did some sprints with fins in open water. Friends were with me. I've discovered a place to swim that is free of boats and is 75 to 80 yards across. Hopefully, I'll be able to access this spot a year from now when I'm preparing for LC Nationals. The closest LC pool is two hours from here. My newly discovered spot is within walking distance.

Anyway, I warmed up for 15 minutes and then did 2 widths all-out with fins. The water was actually hot, probably too hot to be sprinting in, so I limited it to two. Did a slight cool-down afterwards.

Estimated yardage 800 yards.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Catalina countdown

Catalina countdown
    Posted July 3rd, 2010 at 03:20 PM by chaos
    Its the big July 4th weekend and the word on everyone's lips is "SHARKS". Its perhaps the most common theme of questioning from people not familiar with open water swimming, and I'm not surprised that the NY Post (little more than a right-wingnut tabloid) would feature an article from myfoxny.com that quotes a non-expert saying "But I have no doubt that a great white shark that swims into your comfort zone would surely find a splashing paddle or dangling hand inviting. I also expect that same passing shark would spend little time differentiating between boater, paddler and prey." hmmmm.. some credentials please? were this the case, there would be thousands of shark attacks each year... think about what you're saying!

article: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/c...SP3c6ve9e5TedL

on the other side of the country: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...f-socal-coast/

yes, the channel islands referred to are those that include Catalina Island.

I am fortunate to have assembled a very enthusiastic crew that includes 2 kayakers (Beth and Peter), 2 CCSF observers (yet to be named), and 4 friends that will handle everything from filming to feeds to swimming along with me. (Tobey, John, Roz, Ian). In 16 days, we will gather at the 22nd st. landing in San Pedro to load up and board the Outrider http://www.22ndstreet.com/outrider.htm and depart around 9PM toward Catalina.... splash time 12 midnight. This will be my first long swim without Clare acting as my support. I think I have my feed routine worked out to be easily implemented by any willing party but... there will still be something missing. A few days later, Clare will meet me in SF and we will do a celebratory Alcatraz swim together.

I've done a bit of night swimming, but have never swum through kelp in the dark. In daylight, the experience is somewhat mixed... upon first approaching, its impossible not to gaze down the giant stalks as they disappear into the blue depth and feel like someone turned a great forest upside down, but the weeds can also lay heavily on the surface and contact is a bit scratchy. Kelp encounters are likely to occur near the shore at the start and finish of the swim.... I'm a bit nervous about swimming through "night kelp".

My friend Jordan came up for a long July 4th swim in Lake Minnewaska. We did 12 x 2k with a minute or two between each to feed. I used my familiar 1st Endurance EFS mix but, as I failed to adjust my liquid intake to the hot summer conditions, wound up a bit dehydrated by the end and suffered with a low grade headache all the next day. Jordan will be heading to dover in a few weeks and has a few more long ones scheduled before he departs to Dover. I am taking this week and next light.... <40k and <30k respectively. Every body of water around here has become uncomfortably warm due to the heat wave.

12 days to Catalina.........
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Body in Shock, July 8

by , July 8th, 2010 at 10:16 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Showing an amazing amount of hubris, I journeyed to my team LC practice at GMU tonight.

Warm up:

50 crunches
    50 bicycles
    50 flutter kicks
    20 lunges (I did plyo lunges)
    20 chest passes w/med ball
    20 tricep passes w/med ball

400 swim
    300 kick
    200 stroke
    100 scull

Main Sets:

6 times through:

75 kick @ mod pace @ 1:50
    75 swim, ascend by 25s, start fast from middle of pool @ 1:30 (I did these 25 moderately fast and 50 cruise)
    swim = free, fly, free, back, free, breast

50 EZ

2 x 250 pull, 40 RI
    (This was supposed to follow some breathing pattern, but I just breathed every stroke as usual in LC.)

50 EZ

10 x 100 @ 1:50
    odds = 75 free + 25 stroke fast
    evens = 75 stroke + 25 free fast

I did the set with fins and did the evens flutter kick averaging around 1:15. Got a cramp on #8.

50 EZ

1 x 50 fast from blocks
    (I passed on this, too crampy. Should have taken endurolytes.)

200 EZ

Total: 3700

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

I survived my 2nd LC workout of the season. To facilitate this survival, I showed an uncharacteristic restraint in approaching the workout. I tried to ease in and have something left for the last set. As expected, my feel for the water was gone and I had no speed. I felt like I was swimming through jello. And also as expected, my leg endurance was better than my arm endurance. Hence, the substituted kicking in the last set. My freestyle felt positively vomitous. It was as if I was doing some other stroke. It felt much smoother with paddles, but I guess that's typical.

It's rather a shock getting back to the grind. I spent a major portion of the day driving around, purchasing copious amounts of food, and feeding hungry kids. Lil Fort is back at summer swim and doing soccer camp. Mini Fort is raking in major bucks from lifeguarding and teaching private swim lessons. She is in volleyball camps at Mason for the next two weeks, and only swimming in SL meets this summer (no swim practices). Fort Son (who did not vacation with us b/c of rowing -- doubles every day and a nap in between) is doing very well. He made the competitive rowing team roster and also made their travel team. He leaves for Nationals in Tennessee on Monday, rowing in a lightweight 4. And I'm back to deeking kids again on Saturday. Not sure how I got roped into doing this on my birthday, but at least it's a relatively short meet.

Article:

A friend send me this article today about a masters cyclist who spent 8 months trying banned PEDs to write about the experience: http://outside.away.com/outside/body...ug_test_1.html. Perhaps Jimby should do this as well.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  10. Thursday July 8 2010

by , July 8th, 2010 at 10:03 PM (Keepin Track 2010)
    I rarely make Thursday practices in the summer but the kids wanted to play at Wirth.

600 MIX
    6x50 friggle drill 25/25 catch up or breathe weak side.
    200 K with flips (I did first 25 of each length underwater)

4x25 race horse or rock band game

4x75 hard on 2:00
    3x P300, S 2x50 Hard on 1:40 base

K 4x50 descend

WD

felt good to go hard Blew the cobwebs out after the first few 75s. Need BR work though. All is tight.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Thu Jul 8th 2010

by , July 8th, 2010 at 04:33 PM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Thu Jul 8th 2010

Meet tomorrow
    Shave this morning

Subscribe to Ande's Swimming Blog

LCM
    whitney Coached
    6:30 TO 8:30
    Austin UT Swim Center diving well
    swam with Todd & Jon
    Beside Tyler & Larry
    dove in at 6:35
    wore b 70 jammers

WARM UP
    500 easy

MAIN SET

assigned 5 x 100 on 2:30 92% effort
    did 4 x 100 on 2:30 held 1:08's & 9's
    skipped # 4

100 easy

assigned 5 x 100 on 2:20 94% effort
    did 3 x 100 on 2:30 held 5's & 6's
    skipped #2 & 4

100 easy

assigned 5 x 100 on 2:10 96% effort
    did 2 x 100 on 2:10
    went 1:05 59 on
    skipped #2, 3, 4
    changed into B70 legs

100 easy

assigned 5 x 100 on 2:00 98% effort
    did 100 fr strong
    skipped #1 - 4
    dove on #5
    went 57

100 easy

2010 MEETS:

July 8 - 11, 2010
    Senior Circuit #4 Meet Info
    Austin, TX
    entered:

Fri
    50 Freestyle

Sat
    100 Butterfly
    50 backstroke

Sun
    200 Individual Medley
    50 breastroke, &
    50 butterfly

07/23/10 - 07/25/10
    2010 South Central Long Course
    Southlake, Texas
    Days till LCM ZONES
    Entered Zones yesterday & got my hotel
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  12. Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 AM Workout -07/09/10

by , July 8th, 2010 at 01:37 PM (Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 a.m. Workout)
    LCM

WARM UP:
    5 X 100 free 1:45
    3 X 100 kick 2:30
    4 X 100 IM 2:00
    6 X 50 kick 1:15

12 X 100
    1-4: free 1:40
    5-8: 50 stroke/50 free 2:00
    9-12: stroke 2:15

1 X 100 moderate 2:00
    4 X 50 build 1:15
    1 X 100 moderate 2:00
    4 X 50 25 sprint/25 easy 1:15
    All choice.

WARM DOWN: 4 X 50 easy 1:00

4100M
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  13. Thursday, 7/8/10

by , July 8th, 2010 at 01:01 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    SCM, Solo

Warm up
    300 swim
    (did 2x 75 free/75 back)
    100 kick
    3 x 50/1:00 Build
    (free around 42)
    4 x 25/30
    1 -1st 12 ˝ fast
    2 -2nd 12 ˝ fast
    3 -25 smooth
    4 – 25 fast
    (did back on these)

Main Sets:
    Swim Back/Free
    20 x 50/1:10 Alternate 50 smooth-50 fast
    (did 1-10 free, fast ones ave 37, smooth ones around 45
    11-20 back, fast ones ave 41, smooth ones around 48)

Pull Back/Free
    Pull 12 x 100/10sr
    75 smooth – 25 fast
    Use buoy, may use paddles
    (1-6 free with P&B ave 1:30, 7-12 back w/buoy only, very slow, 1:45-50)

Warm Down 100 easy

Total: 2950 meters
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. End of the week and I am fizzling out

by , July 8th, 2010 at 07:22 AM (Mixing it up this year)
    Had no energy today but managed one good swim.

400,300,200,100@:15R Free
    500 Free kick w/fins every 3rd 25 FAST
    4x100 kick w/fins alternate Fly and Back streamline
    200 IM w/fins Fly, Back and Free 1 arm drill, Breast pull
    800 Free w/paddles & bouy for time went 11:55 real fast for me, was out slow 1:36 for the 1st 100 then held 1:30's at the 400 something just clicked and back halfed it with 1:27's.
    3x100@:05R Free w/snorkle

Total 3200 meters
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. July 7, 2010

by , July 7th, 2010 at 11:50 PM (Keepin Track 2010)
    Last night's practice slurred together with this morning's.

I will recount what i remember...

Tuesday:
    600 mix
    100 kick
    4x50 drill FR
    4x50 swim with flips IM order
    3x P200, S2x100, S2x50 HARD on 1:30 base.
    WD

Wednesday:
    600 MIX WU
    100 Kick
    4x50 IM order 25 stroke, 25 free
    3x P300, S 4x75's descend on 1:40 base
    set 1 FR
    set 2 Pull FR, Swim IM 75s
    set 3 Pull FR, Swim BR 75s

200 WD

Shoulders dead tired!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  16. Back! July 7

by , July 7th, 2010 at 08:40 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    I just got back from 2 weeks in Europe last night. It was a fabulous vacation -- visited Oslo, Copenhagen, Warnemunde & Rostok (Germany), St. Petersburg, Tallinn (Estonia) and Stockholm. We had uncharacteristically picture perfect sunny weather and smooth sailing (except 2 days) in the Baltic, between 75-85 every day. Had we left a week earlier, it would have been rainy and cold. I absolutely loved Copenhagen and Stockholm; I can see living in those canal cities (or, alternatively, ditching my kids, buying a boat and re-locating ). I also loved Tallinn, which is a smaller perfectly preserved medieval city and great for medieval history buffs like me. I kept expecting a knight in shining armor to walk around every corner. St. Petersburg was, as expected, very czar-ist grand. Very interesting
    and I loved the historical aspect, but I like charm more than grandeur. Took a quick dip in the Baltic Sea in Warnemunde. Beautiful beach, but it was freezing -- needed a wetsuit.

I didn't die of swimming and blogging deprivation. I apparently prefer Europe to these attractions. I likewise did not exercise as much as I anticipated. I had a habit of staying on land and touring about as long as possible before getting back on the ship. When I did, I was typically fairly tired. In total, of the 12 days on the ship, I did 30-60 minutes on the ellipse 7-8 x (once for 90 minutes while listening to TV lectures on Tallinn and St. Petersburg). Of the 7 days I was on land, I walked between 2-4 miles per day. 4 miles of walking in bright sunshine left me a bit gassed. Finally, I got in two 40 minute dryland sessions; there wasn't really room to do some of my usual exercises. I did nothing the last 2 days. So, all in all, I probably got in some decent aerobic work, but I will be in appalling dryland and swimming shape. Really glad I have no focus meets this summer. Am pondering whether I can survive a LC practice tomorrow night ...

I also had no internet access the entire time I was gone. I paid for a wireless package, but neither my iphone or ipad worked. Neither did the ship's computers for that matter. And the service was appalling slow; I didn't have the patience or time to even attempt too often. Perhaps it was all for the best as I had a nice computer vacation and read a few books. Patrick -- I loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! And I did see most of the WC games.

On a really depressing front, I got home and had a raft of emails concerning the GMUP masters team. It appears that my team, in its current form, is finished. GMU wants to rent our lanes to USA-S teams to make more money and eliminate our coaches. They are offering to post a workout blog and give us one of their internal life-rec coaches. Laughable! Protests have been lodged, but I am not optimistic that anything will change. It seems extremely short sighted to me, as the masters team has helped support the college team. So it appears that I will be in the market for a new team. Really suckish news. Zones will still be on this Spring though.

I really haven't had time to check the forum yet. Did I miss anything?

Updated July 7th, 2010 at 10:51 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Strength Training and Dryland Workouts
  17. Missing Coach Wednesday

by , July 7th, 2010 at 03:17 PM (Adventures in Swimming)
    Coached the Sharks SCY
    Coach ALEX was MIA so I took care of it.

Warm Up
    300 Choice
    4 x 75 50k/25 swim :15r

Set 1
    Repeat 3 Times descending each set

4 x 50 Set# 1) :15r #2) :10r #3) :05r
    2 x 100 Set# 1) :10r #2) :15r #3) :20r
    1 x 200 :60 r ~ repeat set

The objective here is to hold your pace throughout the set.....
    ie... I want to swim a 2:40 for the 200
    So try to hit :40 for the 50's, 1:20 for the 100's

100 EZ

Set 2

4 x 100 swum as
    25 Work the Break out then EZ
    50 Mod ~ Work the turn
    25 EZ
    :20 or so rest between repeats.

Set 3

6 x 50 on :40 (about 5-7 sec rest)

Warm down

3200yds + whatever you warm down

I wanted to swim with the team but I had to coach.
    So I swam this after work.
    I tend to take a little more rest when I swim by myself. But I did swim it all.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  18. Cool workout on a hot day

It’s hot hot hot here! Central Park apparently got up to 103 yesterday. I wouldn’t know, though, I was happily inside in the air conditioning, surviving on a steady diet of lemon sorbet floats and coconut popsicles. My Alabama relatives love calling me anytime they see high temperatures predicted for NYC, just to point out that it does get hot up north too. Thanks, Mom! .

I did venture out this morning for early workout. And as always, it was a joy to swim LCM in a cool pool. Here’s what we did:

400 lcm warmup

4 x 50 kick IM order
    4 x 50 FR focusing on dps
    4 x 50 BR swim [I’m not sure what the focus was supposed to be here—I worked on narrowing my kick]
    4 x 50 FR build by 50

5 x 100 Kick w/ fins [I went barefoot, and just did 4.]

300 pull

4 x 150, odds = IM (no free), evens = FR

300 pull

2 x 250, negative splitting each 250

200 warmdown

Last Saturday morning, we used fins a lot, but I went barefoot because I hadn’t brought mine (and have issues with the ones at the pool).

On Monday, I glanced at my fins as I was leaving for workout and thought, “We just did a big fin set Saturday, we probably won’t do another today.” I again went barefoot on that day’s fin set.

Today, when I was leaving the house, I thought “We just did fin sets the last two workouts, surely we won’t do another today.” And there I was again, barefoot and slow while everyone else zoomed along.

Clearly something is wrong with my reasoning here.
    I think I will pack fins the rest of this week!

After practice I decided to take the bus home, but it broke down just one stop from the pool. Rather than wait for another, I decided to walk. Even at 7, the temp was already in the 80s, but it wasn’t too bad. The park was shady and so green, and even out of the park I was able to walk on the shady sides of the streets. Plus I figured if I was going to get any outdoor time today, early morning was the time to do it!
  19. Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 AM Workout -07/08/10

by , July 7th, 2010 at 12:35 PM (Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 a.m. Workout)
    LCM

WARM UP:
    4 X 100 1:45
    4 X 150 2:30
    4 X 100 1:30

1 X 100 kick 2:30
    4 X 50 kick 1:15
    1 X 100 kick 2:30
    4 X 50 kick 1:10

SCY

2 X 100 stroke 2:00
    1 X 100 free 2:00
    4 X 75 stroke 1:30
    1 X 100 free 2:00
    6 X 50 stroke 1:00
    1 X 100 free -

3 X {4 X 50 1:00
    #1 & 3 @ 100%
    #1 will be from the blocks
    Break between rounds

WARM DOWN: 4 X 50 easy 1:00
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  20. Wednesday, 7/7/10

by , July 7th, 2010 at 11:31 AM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    SCM, Solo

Warm – up
    1 x 400 choice
    (200 free/200 back)
    6 x 50/1:00 desc 3
    (1-3 free/4-6 back)
    8 x 25/30, 25 free – 25 stroke, Strong
    (did fly/back/breast/fly on stroke)

Main Set:
    Swim the following set 4 times:
    3 x 100/1:50 desc
    3 x 50/1:20 BUILD TO FAST with dives
    (#1-3 free, on 100's went ± 1:33-1:29-1:25; on 50's was 38-39
    #4 back, on 100's went 1:43-1:40-1:37, on 50's was 43-44)

Cool Down
    4 x 50/1:00 smooth

Total: 2900 meters

Updated July 7th, 2010 at 06:15 PM by poolraat

Categories
    Uncategorized