View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Sun Feb 6th, 2011

by , February 7th, 2011 at 01:39 PM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Sun Feb 6th, 2011

went into this practice hoping to do
    60 x 100 on 1:15
    but felt bad and bounced between that and the assigned sets

Mary Coached
    UT Swim Center, main pool
    noon to 1:15 dove on time
    trained with in my own lane
    beside doug, Neal, Jim Larry & max
    Wore FS PRO Jammer

15 x 100 on 1:15
    felt terrible

Main SET:
    took a break

just kinda played in this practice
    bouncing between assigned sets and 100's on 1:15

Next meets are:

Fri Apr 1 - Sun 3, 2011
    South Central Zone SCY Championships
    Josh Davis Natatorium, San Antonio, TX

Thu Apr 28 - Sun May 1, 2011
    2011 USMS SCY Spring Nationals
    Kino Aquatic Complex, Mesa, AZ
    Order of Events
    Swim Workouts
  2. Monday, Feb. 7, 2011 5:00am

by , February 7th, 2011 at 12:30 PM (Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!)
    I took today as a nice recovery day from the meet on Saturday. Like Kirk Nelson was saying in his blog...I was feeling like BLAH today in the water. It was good to just get in some easy middle distance stuff to stretch out. I'll hit it hard again tomorrow.

400 Free
    300 Pull
    200 IM
    100 Kick

200 Free
    150 Free
    100 Free
    50 Free all with 15 sec. rest

200 IM
    150 IM no free
    100 IM no breast/free
    50 IM no back/breast/free all with :15 rest

With group of 3 people:
    5 x 200 @ 3:00
    #1-3: 50 free/25 back/50 free/25 back/50 free
    #4-5: 50 free/25 breast/50 free/25 breast/50 free I did flipturns in & out of the breast too

10 x 50 Kick w/ fins fast @ 1:00

5 x 100 @ 1:30 (I had to do one tougher set today)
    1. 100 Free
    2. 25 Fly, 75 Free
    3. 25 Fly, 25 Free, 25 Fly, 25 Free
    4. 25 Fly, 25 Free, 50 Fly
    5. 100 Fly
    4000 Yards
  3. MATT Monday Workout

by , February 7th, 2011 at 10:40 AM (Pete's swim blog)
    600 Warm-up

6 x 50 kick down/no breath back - 1:10

50 Blast Kick

125 Easy

200 Hard from dive (I did free on 2:12)

25 Easy

50 Blast Kick

100 Cool down

(1450 Total)

On the 200, I had a floater hop in my lane at 25 yards. She moved out of the way very quickly when she saw me bearing down on her but my concentration was blown at that point. Tried to negative split the 200 but ended up going 1:04 on the first 100 and 1:08 on the second.
    Swim Workouts
  4. Back to the Aquatic Center - Tough to breath

by , February 7th, 2011 at 08:29 AM (Mixing it up this year)
    The chemicals were still off but not the same way as last week. Toward the end of practice it became more difficult to breath so my sprints from the block were not very good.

From a physical standpoint the massage friday really, REALLY has helped me. My shoulder is about 90% back and my lower back is about the same. I need another one SOON!

500 Free broken 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,1@:05R
    5x100@1:40 Free held 1:30's or better
    6x100@1:30 Free kick w/fins held 1:26's
    4x100@:10R kick w/fins odds fly on back, evens back
    500 Free w/paddles & bouy for time 6:43
    500 Free w/snorkle every 3rd 50 as 6 kicks the a stroke
    6x50 from a dive sprint to 15 meter mark
    200 Free easy

Total 3500 yards

Updated February 7th, 2011 at 09:17 AM by Donna

5. Boom Boom POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by , February 6th, 2011 at 09:37 PM (Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!)
    A great half-time show thanks to the Black-eyed Peas!! I loved the "Guns and Roses" cover! Slash is the bomb!!

Yesterday we received a bonus 7" of snow in Carmel!!! It was a soft, easy flowing wizardry of white and glitter!!! I totally enjoyed imother nature's gift even though it totally destroyed my swimming workout plans. I ended up going solo @ the Monon Center cruising in with 3,200 scy consisting of lots of kicking and drilling.
    Today was a Nasti swim. I'm too distracted to recall the workout but I know it was 2,800 per my gtd log.

I started my "Mindfulness" Meditation class last Friday. At this point I am confused to make comments about the class. I feel like I've spent my whole life figuring out how to "be" based on the situation and needs of the situation. The concept of just "being" without thought or judgement of myself or anything is mind-boggling to me at the very least. I do remember the instructor repeating "just trust the process and do as I say" so at least for 8 weeks that's what I'll do.
  6. Upcoming meets...

by , February 6th, 2011 at 07:35 PM (Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!)
    I just registered for a couple more... 'tis the season!

Sun, Feb. 13th: Animal Meet in Canby, OR:
    400 IM, 200 Fly, 1000 Free

Sun, Feb. 20th: Lake Washington Meet in Kirkland, WA:
    200 Fly, 200 IM, 100 Back, 100 Breast, 500 Free

Sat, Mar. 5th: SCM Meet @ Kroc Center in Cour D' Alene, ID:
    400 IM, 200 Free, 200 Back, 200 Fly, 400 Free

Sat./Sun. Mar. 26-27: Inland NW SCY Champs in Moscow, ID:
    Sat. 400 IM, 200 Back, 100 Breast; Sun. 50 Breast, 200 Breast, 1000 Free

Sat./Sun. Apr 9-10: PNA SCY/NW Zone SCY Champs:
    TBA...I may go over and back on one day depending on event selection, I hate to miss a good race.

Sat./Sun. Apr 30/May 1: USMS SCY Nats:
    Sat. 200 Fly, 100 Back, 200 Free; Sun. 500 Free, 100 Fly, 200 IM

Sun, May 15: SCM Meet in Hood River, OR:

Summer 2011: 2 LCM meets here in Wenatchee swimming with the age groupers
    Gotta register USA-S for these, but the pool is only 2 miles away...

Updated February 17th, 2011 at 10:01 PM by jaadams1

7. There is superstition

by , February 6th, 2011 at 07:00 PM (Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton)

My son talked me into growing a "Steeler beard" a couple weeks ago.

It wasn't all that hard to talk me into this because I was lying around with a bubble of gas in my eyeball, awaiting a laser procedure to zap a detached retina back into place, and the opthamologist didn't want me to move around much anyhow.

So I wasn't going to shave regardless.

I shall document the retinal detachment reattachment procedure in a new vlog entry fairly soon.

But I wanted to post this Steeler beard picture now, before the game starts in approximately 79 minutes, give or take, to see if the superstition has any effect on the game's outcome.

I suspect it will have about as much of an effect on the game's outcome as the outside appearance of my two brown-eyed-handsome-man eyeballs will have on my next Challenge Question.

To wit, which eye do you think suffered the detached retina--the left or the right?

Look closely and see if you can determine the problem eye, which is (fingers crossed) no longer that much of a problem, because the procedure seems to have worked, and I am looking forward to trying flip turns again in practice very soon, possibly even tomorrow.

A shiny quarter to anybody who can guess correctly which eye was affected, and then sends me an SASE with your entry.

Here, by the way, is Brett Keisel's beard, which is the inspiration for my son's superstition about me growing a Steeler beard to help the team win.

Brett, in my layman's opinion, seems to be suffering some form of detachment that doesn't have anything to do with retinas.

The game is now set to start in 73 minutes, and be over 3-4 hours later, depending on how many commercial time outs are taken, the risk of some terrorist attack, and who knows what.

My own prediction: the Steelers lose in a blow out.

But perhaps my Steeler beard will ward off this fate.

Time will tell.

There is superstition.

Is it, or is it not, the way?

By the way, if you want to answer the Challenge Question, I am talking my actual left or right eye, not the eye on the left or right side of the photograph.

For those who do not want to return to the top of this vlog entry to re-scrutinize my picture before hazarding a guess, I shall repost here:

Hint: the affected eye still has a surfeit of floaters and what might best be described as heat lightning in the distant periphery. Perhaps you can detect a certain distraction quality from this eyeball, as if it is preoccupied with deciding what is and isn't real.
  8. A Sunday Swim

by , February 6th, 2011 at 06:57 PM (Year Three: The Road Back)
    Typically, I take Sundays off as a rule. I figure my body needs one total day off to aid in recovery. However, it's February and that means that I'm doing the February Fitness Challenge. My goal is to get 100,000 yards, which means I need to average 3517 per day (every day of the month). Since I didn't swim on the 1st because of the ice, I'm already behind. So, today I made sure to get in 3650, so I don't fall further behind. I basically modified yesterday's workout and did two of the Kick sets (one at the beginning and one at the end) and two of the Mountain sets. It was a good workout and I felt stronger than I thought I might.

The challenge will be to not fall too far behind this week as I try to balance needing yardage for the fitness challenge with preparing for this weekend's meet at Indiana University. I haven't swam in this meet before and am swimming five events - basically another warm-up meet for Indiana's state meet in March and Y Nationals in April. So... we'll see what happens. I am also taking another crack at the 100 Fly to help my confidence in this race going into the big meets. Should be fun - whatever my results are. This meet tends to get a bigger contingent of Indy SwimFit swimmers, and they are a fun bunch to train with - and an extremely encouraging bunch at meets.

Now, my attention turns to the Super Bowl (GO STEELERS!) and the hopeful silence of my telephone. The kids have been off school since last Tuesday because of snow and ice. If they call school again tomorrow....ugh! Here's hoping the phone will stay silent and my kids will get on the bus in the morning....
  9. Swim @ GMU, Sunday, Feb. 6

by , February 6th, 2011 at 03:38 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY @ GMU:

Warm up:

500 swim
    400 kick
    300 pull
    200 drill
    100 scull

900 various

8 x 25 shooters

Freestyle Pace Set:

24 x 100 freestyle (swim or pull), done as:

8 x 100 @ 1:35
    8 x 100 @ 1:30
    8 x 100 @ 1:25

Shared a lane with Barb, fellow backstroker. We decided to do backstroke with fins. She did all 24 100s; I did 16 before sprinter ADD kicked in.

8 x 100 back w/fins @ 1:35
    -- Cruised 1:07-08s. Felt super smooth and glidey today.

8 x 100 backstroke kick w/fins @ 1:30
    -- Cruised 1:06s

50 EZ

8 x 50 breast @ 1:00
    -- work on technique and streamlining

50 EZ

Speed Set:

24 x 25 w/fins @ :30
    2 easy, 1 fast
    -- did all the fast ones fly, went 11s

200 EZ

Total: 4000

Hottub, 20 minutes

I made it out of bed on time to get to my Sunday masters practice. Our beloved coach Cheryl is vacationing in Florida. So her hubby Peter (GMU coach) gave us the workout. I walked in and read it and told him he missed the memo that Sunday was stroke and sprint day. Instead, we had a long pace freestyle set, , which delighted the triathletes and open water swimmers. I mulled over what to do with said set during warm up, but ended up doing most of it figuring it was good for my 100 back and I wouldn't do it OMO. It actually felt fairly effortless (at the time, tired now).

Heard in the hottub that the GMU pool will be closed June & possibly all of July so that the failing air handler system can be replaced. There are no masters practice in August under the new policy. So that about kills LC season for me. Too bad, as I can typically train with my team during the week much more in the summer. This development has caused me to revise my thinking about attending Auburn Nats. I'll be gone 2 weeks in June on vacation and won't have a LC pool to practice in before or after. Doesn't seem to make sense to travel for days to a national meet with no LC practice ... I may just stay and do our local Zones meet, which is typically at the end of August instead.

Week totals:

5x swim, 2x yoga, 2x drylands
    Forgot to take a rest day this week.

Getting a damn cold ...

Updated February 6th, 2011 at 11:26 PM by The Fortress

Swim Workouts
  10. Ice...Then Snow...Then Clear?

by , February 6th, 2011 at 08:03 AM (Year Three: The Road Back)
    This has definitely been the weirdest of the weird week of weather we have been having. With still about 1.5" of ice on my driveway (which is flat, so I'm planning on letting the sun melt it), we woke up Saturday morning to light flurries. Not thinking much of it initially (since it looked so pretty), my older daughter and I got ready to head to her orchestra competition. The roads were a bit nasty on the way, but we arrived in plenty of time for her first performance - her first solo competition on the viola ever. And, she got a GOLD rating.

Then, while waiting for her ensemble members to arrive, a friend of Sam's came over and asked if she still played the viola or had switched to the violin. When Sam said she played the viola, her friend asked if she would mind sitting in with a group from another junior high whose viola player was no where to be found. When Sam asked when they were scheduled to perform, the answer was "in about five minutes." So, my wonderful - and compassionate - daughter, agreed to sight-read the music for the group. And, they earned a GOLD rating.

Talk about karma, because the violinst for my daughter's ensemble showed up about 5 minutes before THEY were scheduled to perform. WOW! is all I can say. They were oustanding and "The Lord of the Dance" brought tears to my eyes! Even the ensemble's judge told them that they were the best ensemble that he'd heard all morning. And, another GOLD rating!!!

If I thought the roads going to the competition were bad, the roads on the way home were horrendous. The 30 minute trip ended up taking us over an hour. On the way home, I even commented to my daughter that I guess I wouldn't be going to the pool. We saw numerous accidents and slide-offs in the 20 mile trek.

Of course, a few hours later (after shoveling 4 inches of new snow off the 1.5 inches of ice on my driveway), I was itching to go to the pool. So, I ventured out. The heavy snow had turned to simple flurries and I must give kudos to the Town of Fishers road crew. When I went to the pool.... the main roads were clear!

I'm glad I went because it was a fabulous workout. Here's what I did:

400 Warm-Up
    4 sets:
    1 x 25 Kick on :30
    1 x 100 Drill Cycle on 2:00
    4 sets:
    1 x 25 Free on :30
    1 x 50 Free on 1:00
    1 x 75 Free on 1:20
    1 x 100 Free on 1:40
    1 x 200 on 4:00 (did as kick, pull, kick, pull)
    1 x 100 Free on 1:400
    1 x 75 Free on 1:20
    1 x 50 Free on 1:00
    1 x 25 Free on :30
    400 Cool-Down
    Total Yards - 4400

Such a fun day. I love hearing my daughter play - and play amazingly well. I love good workouts.
  11. Boy, Have I been Slacking!

by , February 6th, 2011 at 07:51 AM (Adventures in Swimming)
    On posting to this here blog.
    I've been swim a bunch :-)

I'm manage at least 5 swims a week the last 3 weeks.
    Been using the FLOG on my USMS and I'm up to
    44 Miles this year. That will explain why
    I'm swimming better than I have in years!
    A few time I've been stuck in the FAST lane
    and I've been able to get some rest providing the intervals aren't to fast.
    Like they were doing 100's on 1:10 the other day.
    That means a continuous swim for me if I'm working it.

I've added more workouts to my Favorites

It's easier than putting them all here.
    Some are in Excel some are Doc's.
    If you don't have Word or Excel you can download OpenOffice
    for free and it will read anything Microsoft Office will.

I'm going to my 1st meet in over 2 years next weekend. It's at Miami University (Oxford, Ohio).
    This is the same place I did my 1st swim meet after my 23 year hiatus to swimming. That was in 2002. Can't Wait!!!!!

I think I'll go swim right now. Pool opens in 10 min.

Updated February 6th, 2011 at 09:57 AM by Bo Martin (I can't spell)

12. Saturday, Feb. 5, 2011 Olympia Meet Results

by , February 5th, 2011 at 11:04 PM (Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!)
    Had a good couple of swims today. Here they are:

Oh yeah, I wore the Yingfa brand jammer that I just got in the mail last week, and loved it. Got a size L, and it was pretty good on size. I usually wear a size 30 for other suits.

1650: splits by 100

100 - 58.4
    200 - 1:04.2
    300 - 1:05.2
    400 - 1:06.0
    500 - 1:06.5 (5:20.6)
    600 - 1:06.5
    700 - 1:07.2
    800 - 1:07.4
    900 - 1:06.8
    1000 - 1:07.6 (5:35.8) (10:56.4)
    1100 - 1:06.9
    1200 - 1:07.3
    1300 - 1:08.0 ugh feeling it here...ready to get out...
    1400 - 1:07.1
    1500 - 1:06.4 (5:37.2)
    1600 - 1:04.7
    1650 - 30.3
    Total Time: 18:07.57

I beat my age group LMSC record by 6 seconds!!! So much better than missing it by 3 tenths... I'd been looking at that time for the past 2 years but never thought I would actually have an attempt to beat it.
    Beforehand I told my split taker (who was a former teammate of mine in agegroup) that I wanted to hit 5:20, 5:35, 5:35 by 500s and come home fast... I pretty much nailed that.
    My triceps, lats, and pecs were just killing my about 5 minutes afterward, and never really got the feeling loosened up throughout the remainder of the meet/cooldowns, but I had an amazing swim! I also came about 2 minutes, 15 secs. from my lifetime college best time! WOOHOO!!!!!

200 Free:
    26.1 / 29.4 / 30.1 / 30.1 = 1:56.16

100 IM:
    12.2 / 16.0 / 18.1 / 13.9 = 1:00.41 <-- A masters best! I actually won the event due to my breaststroke if you can believe that!

50 Free leadoff mixed 200 free relay:
    24.96 I was getting pretty pooped by this point.

100 Fly:
    12.7 / 15.1 / 15.2 / 15.8 = 59.22
    Same thing least I broke a minute

200 IM:
    12.8 / 16.1 = 28.9
    18.7 / 18.5 = 37.2
    19.5 / 20.8 = 40.1
    18.3 / 16.0 = 34.3 <--only sped this up the last 25 so I wouldn't get beat
    Total: 2:21.12

The 200 IM was just a nice easy cooldown swim for me. I was originally entered with a 2:10, and the next fastest seeded time that showed up was a 2:23. I just swam it easy to stretch out, but I didn't let the 2nd place guy beat me at the end

*** On a side note... I was just asked by our current Top Ten recorder person if I would be interested in the job since she's been doing it for so long. I said what the heck...ok. As of March I guess the job is mine. I'll find out how much work will be involved soon.

Updated February 6th, 2011 at 01:41 AM by jaadams1

Swim Workouts , Meets
  13. Saturday, Feb. 5

by , February 5th, 2011 at 09:09 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Bikram Yoga, 90 minutes:

Ack, not my best class. I had my breakfast smoothie too close to class apparently, as I didn't feel so hot during class. I had to bolt for a water break about 2/3 of the way through, though the teacher tried to stop me. Problem is, I don't think life will end if I leave the room, so I always do if I feel I need to. It was also extra hot today; the female instructors always blast the heat more.

Just got back from the HS Regional Champs finals. Two guys almost got into a fist fight right in front of me and Lil Fort (parents, not swimmers). What jerks! The one guy was so bad someone had to go get the police officer on duty. I hate to see such bad conduct at kids' meets.

The best race of the night was the women's 100 fly. 1st and 2nd place were 55.56 and 55.58. Unfortunately, more bad conduct. The person finishing second (an AA heading to texas) jumped out of the pool, and didn't even congratulate the winner and went bawling to the warm down pool. I know she's not used to losing, but jeez! Take it to the locker room. Saw lots of AAA times tonight though.

Done with my rants now.
  14. Thursday Feb 3

by , February 5th, 2011 at 06:41 PM (Keepin Track 2010)
    600 WU
    4x(50 Drill, 2x25 Swim) IM order by sets
    200 K

6x75 from a push on 2' hard-hold best possible average over the set (held :51 or :52)
    3x(50 swim, 25 Swim) SPEC on 2" and 1' respectively
    3x(50 swim, 25 swim) FR on same

easy 100

2x (Pull 100 FR, Swim 3x50 SPEC) on 2' and 1'
  15. Tuesday Blizzard-o-rama

by , February 5th, 2011 at 06:40 PM (Keepin Track 2010)
    600 WU
    200 Kick

SPEC 2x S100 drill/Swim, 2x50 swim, 4x25 hard

Swim 4x5x100 on interval +10.
    1st set
    FLY-FR-FR-FR by 25
    2nd set
    FR-BA-FR-FR by 25
    3rd set
    FR-FR-BR-FR by 25
    4th set
    FR-FR-FR-FR by 25.

16 50's K on 1' with kids
  16. Three times the fun

This morning I swam the following scy workout with Panama City Beach masters:

500 scy warmup s/k/p/s by 50

8 x 50 pull @ 1:00 25ez/25build

3 times thru
    6 x 75 @ :15 rest, odds drill/swim/drill, evens swim/drill/swim, mix of strokes
    5 x 50 kick fast @ 1:30 [held 44-46 on FRs and BKs, 40-41 on FL, 50-51 on BR]
    :30 rest
    100 sprint choice [BK 1:17, BR 1:24, IM 1:18]

900 warmdown

It was a fun workout, although trying to sprint after all the hard kicking got a little painful. We had a good crew at the pool, it was fun getting to do the same sendoffs with others, and the workout afforded plenty of time for chatting a bit between swims.

Tomorrow we might have an extra start-and-turn workout. Itís supposed to be warmer and sunnyótoday was windy and in the 40s. The kids team were doing some stuff off the blocks, but they looked pretty chilly whenever they were out of the water. I donít get chilled easily, but hate starting off cold blocks. Maybe they should make blocks that have some sort of radiant heating element in them for outdoor pools?

I signed up for the Auburn scy meet today. I really wanted to swim all the BR and BK events, but the event order had other ideas for me. I ended up choosing the 100 IM, 100 BR, 200 FR, and 400 IM the first day (I might skip one of those last two depending on how fast the meet runs), and the 200 BR, 50 BK, 200 BK, and 200 IM the second day (I might opt to swim for a 100 BK split in the 200 BK race that day). Iím glad Iíll have some adopted PCBM teammates and coach there, and am looking forward to meeting some new swim friends at the meet. It looks like it will be a fun event!
  17. Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 AM Workout -02/07/11

by , February 5th, 2011 at 03:54 PM (Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 a.m. Workout)
    WARM UP:
    1 X 200 3:20
    4 X 150 2:30
    4 X 100 1:30
    4 X 50 descend :50

1 X 200 kick 4:15
    8 X 50 kick 1:00
    8 X 25-12.5 blast free kick/12.5 easy swim :40

12 X 50 1:05
    Rotate 1 easy-1 build-1 fast choice
    IM'ers go 3 of each stroke

1 X 50 easy
    1 X 200 choice @ race pace
    1 X 50 easy

1 x 400 free 6:00
    4 X 100 free 1:30
    1 X 300 free 4:00
    6 X 50 :40
    1 X 200 free 2:30
    4 X 50 :40

1 X 400 IM 7:00
    4 X 100 IM or stroke 1:45
    1 X 300 IM 5:00
    6 X 50-2 fly-2 back-2 breast 1:00
    1 X 200 IM 3:15
    4 X 50-1 of each- 1:00

WARM DOWN: 4 X 50 easy 1:00

Swim Workouts
  18. Sat feb 5th 2011

by , February 5th, 2011 at 02:42 PM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Sar Feb 5th, 2011

Whitney Coached
    UT Swim Center, main pool
    7:30 to 9:00 dove on time
    trained with Tyler, Richie & Kelly
    beside Brandon, Amy, Marcio, & James
    Larry max jim
    Wore FS PRO Jammer

4 x 300

Main SET:

8 x 100 fr on 1:10

50 easy

100 fr fast from blocks
    Went 52.9

100 easy

1000 fr
    Neg split

50 fr fast off blocks
    Goggles flooded when I dove in
    Went 23

8 x 100 fr on 1:10

Put on old b70 legs
    Rested 10 minutes

200 fr
    Went 1:51.3

100 easy

25 sdk fast
    roll start
    Doug timed
    15m split 5.0
    went 9.9

Next meets are:

Fri Apr 1 - Sun 3, 2011
    South Central Zone SCY Championships
    Josh Davis Natatorium, San Antonio, TX

Thu Apr 28 - Sun May 1, 2011
    2011 USMS SCY Spring Nationals
    Kino Aquatic Complex, Mesa, AZ
    Order of Events
  19. 2/5/11 - Boring workout!

by , February 5th, 2011 at 02:30 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    SCY, Solo

Recovery day. Workout was way too boring. Should've stayed in bed.

Warm up - Workout - Warm down Set:
    600 swim
    500 pull
    400 kick
    300 drill
    200 swim
    100 pull
    200 kick
    300 drill
    400 swim
    There was more but this was all I could handle.

Total 3000 yards
  20. Swam at the Y today

by , February 5th, 2011 at 01:59 PM (Mixing it up this year)
    Got in a good 3000 yards today.

500 Free broken 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,1
    500 Free kick w/fins every 3rd 25 fast
    500 Free w/paddles & bouy went 7:00 on this
    5x100@1:45 as 50 Free/50 Back w/paddles & bouy
    5x100@1:45 Fly as 25 rt arm/25 lt arm/25 kick/25 sprint w/fins was holding 1:30's
    500 Free kick w/fins

Though the pool was on the warm side, I could breath today YEAH!!!