View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Saturday, 10/31/09

by , October 31st, 2009 at 05:39 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    Recovery day today

SCY, solo

500 swim alt. back and free
    400 kick w/fins alt. 50 fly/50 free (w/board)
    300 pull free breathe 3/5 by 50
    200 swim back w/8 SDK per wall
    200 kick free (no fins) every 4th 25 faster
    swim 3x100 IM w/20 sec. rest: descend 1-3 to about 80%
    pull 8x50 back on 1:00: descend 1-4, 5-8

100 easy

swim 16x25 choice on 30: #3, 5, 8, and 11 are fast

swim down 200 drill choice
    --

Swim meet in Salt Lake City in 2 weeks. Will be doing 50-100-200 back, 50 fly and possibly 100 free

Updated November 1st, 2009 at 09:57 AM by poolraat

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Saturday, Oct. 31

by , October 31st, 2009 at 04:35 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    After eating Halloween candy for lunch today, I decided I wasn't owed a day off. I would have preferred to go to hot yoga today, but I didn't have much time. So I went off for a 5 mile run, which was fantastic. Despite thrashing my legs yesterday, I felt more sprightly on the running trail than usual. Maybe the plyos help the running?

Now, having carved the pumpkins, I am off to transform my youngest into Spock and party with friends after our kids trick or treat.

I am slightly worried I am going to be strong armed into more open water swimming. Mr. Fort will likely have to have surgery on his bum hip after a ski trip in January. He and our Savageman partner were busy planning tri relays for post-surgery motivation at our kids' soccer game today. Is it really possible to swim 2.4 miles in an ocean?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Second day of meet

by , October 31st, 2009 at 02:05 PM (Mixing it up this year)
    Official time for the 1500 Free yesterday was 21:46.49 3rd place.

Today went well even though I was somewhat tired. Started with the 100 IM in 1:24.35 this was my second best time for 3rd place. I still have an issue with the transition from Fly to Back. For some reason by back is so different as an event than in an IM.

Next was the 50 Breast, just a filler event but did really well with a PB here in :47.45 for 4th place.

The event I really wanted to focus on today was the 100 Back in 1:26.19 another PB for 2nd place. Felt solid, hopefully I can put a great 200 Back time together tomorrow.

Did the 50 Fly in a relay where we came in 1st. I really felt like I was only giving 80% on this race, since I knew I had the 50 Fly and 200 Free and another relay left.

The 50 Fly was equal to my best in 37.82 for 2nd place and was definitely faster than my relay effort.

In the 200 Free I went for it and probably took it out too fast but still did great with 2nd place even with just dragging it home.

The final swim was the womens 200 Free Relay were I was the anchor and did good considering Kristin and I just finished the 200 had 2 heats to rest and were back up for the relay. We took 1st in this.

Total of 1900 yards today

Updated November 1st, 2009 at 09:55 PM by Donna

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Puppet Master workout

by , October 31st, 2009 at 01:42 PM (Random Nonsense)
    Fort has been pulling my strings, letting me know that my laziness and my 200 goals are not compatible.

Saturday morning solo (mostly).
    SCM at Lifetime
    Warm up
    500 free
    100 back
    Main set
    10x200 free on 3:00 hold 2:45
    200 back recovery
    10x100 free on 1:25 just make. Had to change the interval to 1:30, totally blew the second one
    300 back recovery
    10x50 free, odd fast, even ez with fins on 1:00. Held 31-29 on fast.
    Warm down
    400 kick with fins
    500 back

Normally, I would not do that much yardage, but Quicksilver commented that it takes 100k before stroke changes become truly part of your stroke, so I upped my yardage/meterage.

The 10x200s were pretty easy to hold 2:45, until the last one, when I came in at 2:50. At that point, I was worried about the 100s The 200 back took about 10 minutes.

My wife joined me for the 10x50s. She held 30ish too with fins. Not sure what that means, since she is not a sprinter.

I was hoping to get some video shot, but before the 50s, when the pool was empty, my wife wanted to do it after we were done. After we were done, it was packed. I think everyone was getting in early workouts because there are so many day/evening events today for the kids. Usually, Saturday morning is dead.

My new stroke held together well, but I need to work on the following.
    - look directly down. The water line is not just above my goggles anymore, but I still have too much neck arch.
    - pull with the wrists not the fingers
    - play with Janet Evans recovery more
    - keep stroke depth shallow, fingers pointed at the bottom of the pool

The wide entry really is great. My shoulders feel fine after 5.5k, it is easy to setup the power phase (EVF) without shoulder involvement, and I am setup for a straight pull.

Conditioning workout a little later. It is pull ups, pull overs, lateral raises, broomstick twists, weighted side bends and crunches. Back extension is supposed to be in there too, but I have not figured out how to do it with the equipment I have at home.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hooray! Goal achieved!

by , October 31st, 2009 at 01:08 PM (Elise's Fitness Fun)
    Late in the summer, I set a goal to run a time exactly between a time I did on a 5k last year and my over-30-years old PR on a 5k. Today I beat my goal by 8 seconds.

The weather was really iffy for running today and I had been more inclined not to do it. Last night I happened to wake up and look at the radar. It looked like there might be a lull in the heavy rain, making it not too bad to run. I also had signed up to be on the Y team, so I figured I should show unless the weather was bad.

Ending up running a 7:28 pace which I was very pleased about. Average HR was only 177 with max at 187. Based on HR numbers, guess I might have been able to push it a tiny bit harder, but glad I didn't so that I can enjoy the rest of the day.

Had to make myself take it easy going out as the sprinter in me likes to go out hard. Went out at a 7:15, so I did die a little, but not too bad, at least for me. Ended up getting 2nd overall female. The first female, a friend of mine who had done a long run this morning before showing up for the race, was a good bit ahead. She ended up finishing a minute and 31 seconds ahead of me.

Have to admit my ego is a little stoked that I passed the third place finisher at the one mile mark and the fourth place finisher right after the 2 mile mark. Usually I'm the one dying and getting passed, so this was kind of new for me. Also have to confess I passed a couple of people that I wanted to beat who beat me by at least a minute and a half at the local race two months ago.

The best thing is that I hit my goal on a course that was accurately measured. It is such a wonderful feeling to see hard work pay off. It is also great to know that I can do this in spite of the POTS diagnosis. I'd still like to get the time down, but I think this will be a long-term project. Perhaps best of all was that the Y team won the team competition.

I'm thinking of a way I can keep my running up while I focus on my swim sprints. I don't want to lose everything I've worked for, but know I need to cut back a little. Will be mulling this over for the next few days.

Updated October 31st, 2009 at 01:18 PM by elise526

Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Sat OCT 31st, 2009

by , October 31st, 2009 at 11:36 AM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Sat OCT 3st, 2009

FOUR OR MORE SDKs off EVERY wall

Next MEET: 2009 SPMA Short Course Meters Championships
    December 4th - 6th, 2009 at Long Beach
    http://www.spma.net/meetforms/2009/lbgscm.htm

33 Days till Long Beach
    Leave in 5 weeks for Long Beach

TODAYS SWIM PRACTICE

SCY blocks
    6:30 - 8:00
    chris & Tom coached
    UT Swim Center main pool north end
    Swam with joe & sharon
    beside Marcio, tyler, paul, erin, & a guest Polly Surhloff, who swam at the University of North Carolina, she was in town to watch her son UT swimmer Austin Surhoff

WORE B70 legs

warm up
    missed it

MAIN SET
    assigned 4 rounds of 3 x 300 followed by a 200
    1) 100 easy 50 skip 100 easy
    2) 3 rounds of 50 easy 50 skip

settled into doing
    50 easy 50 skip 50 easy 100 skip 50 fast
    on several rounds
    then switched to 50 easy 200 rest 50 or 25 fast

some of my times were

50 SDK 24

50 fl 23.8

50 SDK 24.3

25 sdk 10.8

25 sdk 10.2

25 fl 10.5

25 fl 10.2

50 sdk

put on B70 FULL

50 SDK
    went 23.06

Updated October 31st, 2009 at 11:41 AM by ande

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  7. Decent Start to the meet

by , October 30th, 2009 at 09:21 PM (Mixing it up this year)
    Tonight was the 1500 Free, on something like that being off my time from last year by 10 seconds is really nothing. It felt good, my shoulders (yes both) are alittle sore but that is ok.

I was the slowest one in my heat but I knew that going into it. There was really no one my speed to race since I was a minute slower than the rest of my heat.

I don't have the official time since I did not stay till the last heat, but the watch time was 21:46.?

After I had to take my son to a haunted house he heard about from one of the kids at the pool, then it was off to Subway to get something to eat and now BED!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. A Bit of Fly

by , October 30th, 2009 at 06:31 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    Friday, 10/30/09

SCY with Carrie

200 swim free
    200 IM drill
    200 swim back
    200 IM kick
    200 pull free breathe 3/5 by 25

swim 3 x 50 fly on 1:00: best average
    (did these at 44-45)
    swim 2 x 200 free on 3:30 smooth
    (around 3:00 on these)
    swim 3 x 50 fly on 1:05: faster average than the first 3
    (these were 43-44)
    swim 2 x 200 free on 3:30 smooth
    (again around 3:00 on these)
    swim 3 x 50 fly on 1:10: faster average than the 2nd set
    (these were 41-42)

100 easy

kick 8 x 25 w/fins on :45 (on back, hold as tight a streamline as possible) FAST
    (did these w/zoomers, was around 17 on these w/about 12y underwater)

swim down 200 choice
    --
    Total: 2750 yards
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Legs & Core, Friday, Oct. 30

by , October 30th, 2009 at 04:10 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Spent the morning working and waiting for a delivery. Then hit the gym for 2 hours to beat up the legs and core. My lower abs were still slightly sore from the romanian crunches I did the other day. Those are killer!

Drylands:

bicycles, 1 x 100
    windshield wipers, 2 x 25
    hanging straight leg raises, 2 x 15, 1 x 20
    back extensions w/25 lb plate, 2 x 15
    elevated knee-ins w/10 lb weight held by feet, 2 x 25
    Technogym total ab machine, 100 x 1 x 10, 110 x 1 x 10, 120 x 1 x 10, 130 x 1 x 10

rack chins, 2 x 15
    overhead squats w/bar (the "Nicole"), 2 x 15
    (These are getting easier. I still need to get slightly deeper. Then I'll add 10 lb more weight.)

HS hi row, 140 x 2 x 10 fast
    bench press, 70 x 2 x 10 fast
    leg press, 290 x 1 x 10, 310 x 1 x 10 fast

box jumps, 2 x 10*
    squat jacks w/med ball and step, 2 x 20
    twisting med ball slam, 2 x 25**

3 position arm extensions, 3 x 1 x 15
    external and internal rotators, 10 x 2 x 15, each arm

* I believe this is the box I was jumping on today. I snapped a photo with my iphone too. Seems about the right height for me right now ... definitely not all that easy and takes a lot of effort. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D2%26hl%3Den

I suck at these compared to Nicole! http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...Variations.wmv

** The med ball slam is at 3:25 of this core video. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ7UgRqf86A&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Core Exercises that Really Work Pt. 3[/ame] The squat swing I've done in the past is also on this video, along with some other great (and very difficult) core exercises. The one leg balance move is actually one of the 26 bikram yoga positions.

Swim/Solo/SCM:

Warm up:

600 variety swim, kick, drill

8 x 25, twirling 4 point dolphin kick shooters (no fins)

50 EZ

1 x 100 SDK shooter w/fins, breathe only after flags before flip.

(OK, this was tough. The last length was tough. I was going to do a couple more of these, but my legs didn't feel like they had enough juice. And I could really feel the difference between 25 yards and 25 meters here.)

50 EZ

Mini Speed Set:

4 x (25 easy speed fly + 25 easy + 25 AFAP free + 25 easy)

50 EZ

Fat Burning Core-Aerobic Set:

6 x 150 dolphin kick w/ board & MF, 30 second RI

50 EZ

Total: 2400 meters
    1400 kicking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

I wasn't really feeling up to an intense speed workout today. But I did get my mini set in. I've decided that if I need to/want to do some minimal aerobic work, I'll likely make it dolphin kicking. That has the triple benefit of aerobic conditioning, improving the dolphin kick and working the core. I really need to do some IM sets at some point as I'm swimming the 100 IM at Zones. But I tend to dislike these sets ... not sure why. I'll likely do more IM 50s while doing stroke work though.

My hamstrings/glutes feel like they're stronger/getting more of a workout lately. It must be the plyos. Also, hot yoga seems to work them with all those standing lock knee poses.

Now it's time for my next workout of the day -- pumpkin carving. Over the years, I've carved elaborate pumpkins for the kids. Right now, I'd just like to carve triangle eyes and call it a day ... lol I'm going to a Halloween party tomorrow night. Last year, the host broke out some amazing wines and champagne from his wine cellar. Then, on Nov. 1, I am planning on a 30 day wine fast. I guess I may need to extend it through my meet the weekend of dec 13-14. I need to think on this more.

Updated October 30th, 2009 at 05:00 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts
  10. FAST Fri OCT 30th, 2009

by , October 30th, 2009 at 11:58 AM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Fri OCT 30th, 2009

lifted weights Thu Afternoon

FOUR OR MORE SDKs off EVERY wall

34 Days till Long Beach

TODAYS SWIM PRACTICE

SCY no blocks
    whitney coached
    UT Swim Center main pool
    Swam with Marcio, Todd, tyler, jon, larry & Terra

WORE B70

warm up
    15 minutes choice

MAIN SET

5 stations rotate every 10 minutes

1) Vertical kick with weight 1:00 on 30 sec rest

2) 6 x 50 fr on 1:30 fast for time fromn a push
    went 26 then 25 on last

3) assigned 10 minutes pull
    did easy 25, rest a 50, 25 SDK shooters

4) 6 x 50 SDK from a dive
    went 27's & 28's, & 24 on last one

5) assigned 20 x 25
    did 25 easy, 50 rest, 25 SDK fast from dive
    went 11's & 12's

rest 5 minutes

100 fast for time
    went 49
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  11. Thursday, 10/29/09

by , October 30th, 2009 at 12:08 AM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    SCY, solo

100 free swim
    200 back swim
    200 IM kick
    100 pull free
    100 IM swim
    100 reverse IM swim

swim 4 x 50 free on 50 descend 1-4 to FAST
    1 min. rest
    swim 4x25 free on 45, ALL FAST
    1 min. rest
    swim 4x25 back on 45, all fast

swim 100 easy

pull 300 free, take 30 sec. rest
    pull 200 back, take 20 sec. rest
    pull 100 IM, take 10 sec. rest
    kick 6x50 free w/5 sec. rest
    kick 2x100 back w/10 sec. rest
    kick 4x25, one of each stroke, 1/2 under, 1/2 over, w/15 sec. rest

swim down 100
    --
    Total: 2600 yards
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. The World Series Effect

I do most of my workouts in the evening. Well, for the past couple of nights, the pool has been pretty much empty (of swimmers, that is; there's plenty of water). It seems New York's loyal Yankees fans have been at home watching the World Series.

Lucky for me, I'm not much of a baseball fan. Frankly, I get very bored watching baseball (although not nearly as much as I was playing it when I was a kid). So, being a dedicated swimmer (and at the risk of having my right to live in New York revoked) I went to the pool. And, for the past two nights, had an entire lane all to myself.

This is an unusual event at my pool. I always have to circle with at least one other swimmer. And, since I'm unattached and working out on my own, the swimmers I'm sharing the lane with aren't doing the same workout I am. So when I have a lane to myself, it means I can do my workout without having to adjust for that.

I suppose I should thank the Yankees for making that possible.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. Fun with the kids

by , October 29th, 2009 at 08:06 PM (Elise's Fitness Fun)
    It is really fun to swim with the kids. The team is very small since this is a rural area, but there is quite a bit of talent. I'm really lucky to swim in one of the faster lanes with a couple of very talented kids.

One of the kids, a young man who is a high school senior is simply unmatched on his turns. I can see him underwater as he comes off the wall and it reminds me to have a good turn. I probably see him because most of the time he is underwater. This is the way it should be, but pretty amazing he can sustain this even on longer swims. He swims only 8 months out of the year and 4 times a week. The other part of the year, he runs hurdles for his high school track team . In an individual race (NOT a relay split) on the 50 fly, he has recently done a 22. Each push off the wall is an explosion and his SDK is textbook. Sheer power - the guy has only 2% body fat. Anyway, every time I am second or third in line, I get to see perfect turn technique. Keeps me on my toes!

The young lady is a serious workhorse. Her forte is 200 fly and the 1650 free. Every time I swim with her, I'm reminded how much of a lazy sprinter I am. I've had to step it up a notch just so I don't get blown away. At the end of practice, we did 8 x 50 on :50 of fly/back, back/breast, back/free, and free/fly. I was just dying and had to do free on some of the swims. She would beat me doing fly and back when I was doing free. On free/fly, she would just leave me in the dust on fly. This is all good because I will try to work to keep up just to maintain my dignity.

Anyway, it is fun to to be in there swimming with them and encouraging them. Great kids with great attitudes.

Far below is the workout I did today. Note that this is what I did today and not all of what they did. I was late for warm-up and several times coach and I started chatting about some things. I kind of took it easy where I could as there is a chance I might run a 5k this weekend.

Speaking of running, after Saturday, I plan to go back to just running once (once in a blue moon, maybe twice) and at a very easy pace. This has been my plan since August. Kind of bummed I didn't get to race more, but at least I've gotten some halfway decent running in. Mixing intense run workouts and swim workouts has been challenging. I've gotten a stronger pull because I have not been able to rely on my kick as much. This is a good thing as I think in the past I've been guilty of being overly dependent on my kick. Lately, I've noticed that on fin and/or kick sets, I'm getting killed by the kids. Conversely, I've been getting much faster on the pull sets.

Anyway, before I ramble much more, here is what I did today:

Warm-up (late): 400 easy - mix of swim/kick

4 x 250 with fins: First 2 were 100 fly/75 back/50 breast/25 free, second 2 were 25 fly/50 back/75 breast/100 free - on 30 seconds rest

300 I.M. kick
    200 I.M. pull with buoy

6 x 100 - odds were choice/evens were I.M. - on 20 seconds rest (assigned 10, but was chatting with coach)

200 easy swim

8 x 50 - 2 rounds of fly/back, free, back/free, free/fly on :50

30 minutes of turn work (I watched and for fun demonstrated the 1980s backstroke turn one time.)

200 easy

3,300 yards

Updated October 29th, 2009 at 10:32 PM by elise526

Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. Buboes in Perspective

by , October 29th, 2009 at 04:32 PM (Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. Day 47

Finally back in the water...

5x100 FR@2:00

10x50 Pull@1:00 Odds BR Evens FR

5x50 Kick BR@1:15
    5x50 Kick FR@1:00 w/fins

200 Easy

1700 SCY Indoors Solo
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  16. Thursday, Oct. 29

by , October 29th, 2009 at 02:56 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Hot Yoga:

I woke up this morning feeling, as Allen predicted I would, absolutely flattened from yesterday's gym + lactate buffering set. Speedo had a possible call at noon, so we postponed our Thursday speed session. This was probably a good thing for me, as more anaerobic work was not what I needed today. Instead, I took my battered body off to hot yoga. Definitely a good decision! I feel much better and looser. "Refreshed" is still pushing it. The last 15 minutes of the class were, as usual, heat torture. And there was a woman b*tching about everything during the class. I wanted to smack her, just like Geek fantasizes about taking out twitter/iphone girl in his spin class.

No time for any other exercise today as I have full slate of kids' games and sporting events. Just as well, I'm sure, assuming "less is more." I'm hoping to get to the gym and/or pool tomorrow afternoon, but I'm stuck at home for a delivery, which better be timely! I like being a mostly SAHM on the whole; I just don't like to SAH. lol

I saw this article in the NY Times. The people I know who can best tolerate pain are Geek, CS and Mr. Fort.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/29/fa...=2&ref=fashion

In other news, I read that B70 was, in fact, developing a new suit. I was very glad to hear this, as I'm (understatement here) a B70 fan.

http://twitter.com/blueseventy/status/5242674279

I'm not sure which suit I'm going to wear at my next meet, as my B70 has a small hole and is approaching old age ...

Also found this article on upper body plyometrics, which I haven't really ventured into yet except for some clap pushups.

http://www.performbetter.com/catalog...lePlyometrics3

Box jump demo:

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...Variations.wmv

And My son just came home and announced he has swine flu.

Updated October 29th, 2009 at 08:40 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Yoga
  17. Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 Workout -11/02/09 -SCY

by , October 29th, 2009 at 02:43 PM (Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 a.m. Workout)
    Two practice weeks left before Bridge the Bay. We'll drop the yardage some more. Some distance pace sets will be offered for those swimming the 400 and 1500.

SCY

WARM UP:
    6 X 50 free 1:00
    6 X 50 kick 1:10
    4X 75 25 free/25 stroke/25 free 1:20
    3 X 100 free 1:40

3 X 100 free 1:30
    3 X 100 free 1:20
    1 X 100 easy 2:00
    3 X 100 IM 1:45
    3 X 100 IM 1:40

12 X 25
    odd: build to race finish
    even: blocks, sprint 20

OPTIONAL: For 400/1500 swimmers
    16 X 50 1:00
    odd: easy, perfect stroke
    even: race pace

WARM DOWN: 4 X 50 easy 1:00

3000/3800Y
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  18. Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 Workout -10/30/09 -SCY

by , October 29th, 2009 at 02:29 PM (Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 a.m. Workout)
    SCY

WARM UP:
    4 X 50 :50
    2 X 100 1:40
    1 X 200 3:20
    Swim it two times.

2 X 100 kick 2:15
    4 X 50 kick 1:05

4 X 200 pull 3:00
    1 X 100 easy 2:00
    4 X 200 pull 2:40
    1 X 100 easy -
    Neg split the first 4 200's. Descend the second four 1-4.

8 X 50 1:30
    25 sprint & good turn/25 easy

WARM DOWN: 4 X 50 easy 1:00

3800Y
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  19. Thu OCT 29th, 2009

by , October 29th, 2009 at 11:31 AM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Thu OCT 29th, 2009

did FOUR OR MORE SDKs off EVERY wall in today's practice except for breastroke

35 Days till Long Beach

TODAYS SWIM PRACTICE

SCY no blocks
    whitney coached
    UT Swim Center main pool
    Swam with tyler & brandon
    beside Todd Amy Marcio Paul & Larry
    dove in on time

WORE brief

warm up
    400 fr finger tip drag
    300 fr fists closed
    200 k went 2:35
    100 with 8 breaths

MAIN SET

assigned: 8 x 100 fr on 1:30
    did: 100 fr, 50 fr 50 rest

4 x 25 fl on 30

assigned: 7 x 100 fr on 1:30

4 x 25 bk on 30

assigned: 6 x 100 fr on 1:30

4 x 25 br on 40

assigned: 5 x 100 fr on 1:30
    did: 50 fr 50 rest, 100 fr

4 x 25 fron 30

assigned 40 x 25
    did: 25 easy rest while my lane did 2 x 25, 25 SDK fast from a dive went 12's

Updated October 29th, 2009 at 02:22 PM by ande

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  20. Alittle Mixed UP Today

by , October 29th, 2009 at 07:29 AM (Mixing it up this year)
    Mixed up in a good way though. Decided to test out all strokes, see how the shoulder is progressing. It was good at the beginning but is sore now. Will do my usual daily repair work and be good as new for tomorrow.

10x100@2:00 Free 1/2 pull 1/2 kick
    5x100@1:45 Free kick w/fins
    10x50@1:00 alt by 50 Breast pull/Fly swim w/fins (get the dolphin in the breast)
    5x100@2:00 Back w/fins underwater recovery
    10x50@1:00 alt by 50 Free/Back descended the free's from :42to:38 and held 47's on Back
    200 Free EASY get out early to beat the kids to the shower!

Total 3200 yards
    Categories
    Uncategorized