View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Team Practice, Sunday, May 3

by , May 3rd, 2009 at 12:13 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Dragged myself out of bed today. Pretty sore from weights. But made it to my team practice.

Warm up:

300 swim/150 kick
    300 swim/150 scull
    300 swim/150 choice

(I did about 1000 of this)

Main sets:

8 x vertical kick @ 50
    20 seconds with hands at shoulders, 10 seconds with arms in superman streamline, squat jump off bottom of pool
    (4 flutter, 4 dolphin)

50 EZ

5 x 150 IM @ 2:30, drop 1 stroke (I dropped free)

50 EZ

5 x 150 kick @ 2:45
    50 no free kick+ 100 free kick
    (I did 3 that way and 2 all backstroke kick, only managed 6 kicks off each wall)

50 EZ

6 x 75 @ 1:50
    25 UW flutter kick shooter + 25 tricep finish drill + 25 AFAP free

(We switched the interval from 1:40 to 1:50, so we could actually go fast on the last 25. I used fins.)

200 C/D

Total: 3200

Sat in the hot tub with an ice pack ...

Updated May 5th, 2009 at 09:24 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  2. Training for a new kind of triathalon?

A girl dolphin's dream scheme...swim, scuba and whitewater kayak! Yesterday I swam with Saturday's CSM group and today my husband and I go to the bottom of the quarry for the first time by ourselves. So, if you don't hear from me Monday after practice, that is where I am. Whitewater kayaked last weekend, got a wild ride in the M wave by accident and held my own. It was the little curl at the the top of the Wilderness Channel that trashed me and ended with water rushing up the schnozz!!

Sat workout:

Warm up S-300 K-200 P-200

Swim 20 X 75 in 4 sets
    2@fast (1:01-1:05)rest to 1:10, 1EZ+10 1Sprint+20
    400 K,S D
    20 X 25 3 kick on 30, 1 swim EZ, 1 swim sprint

200 Ez

3200 yds approx.

Updated May 3rd, 2009 at 12:13 PM by flippergirl

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Master Cleanse

http://themastercleanse.org/

An acupuncture therapist i was seeing a couple of years ago for allergy stuff suggested i do a quarterly (every three months) cleanse. I have always feared that such a program would require an pause in training due to the low caloric intake, but decided to give it a try after reading a few diaries that claim no deviation from one's daily routine (other than dietary).

Though weight loss seems like one obvious effect of this 10 day "diet", it is not one of my primary goals. I could stand to drop 10-13 pounds and still be at a comfortable weight.

The claims made by persons who practice this diet are many, and if one or two of them prove true, it will be a worthwhile experience.

Day1 May2
    The hardest thing was staring down that shiny chrome espresso machine in the kitchen, the green light on suggesting that it is locked and loaded with a weapons grade double shot waiting for someone to trip the lever and fill a cup. The caffeine headache has not hit me yet, but i know its coming..... bring it on.

Swam a 3400 yard IM workout this afternoon and it felt ok. The headache came around 6pm and lasted until i fell asleep at about 1:30.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Feeling better

by , May 2nd, 2009 at 11:35 PM (Elise's Fitness Fun)
    Felt much better today. Fever is gone and medicine seems to have worked like magic. Hit the weight room. Encouraged I had not lost much strength.

Bench press: 80 x 10, 85 x 8, 90 x 6
    (Thank goodness the Y has 2.5 lb. weights.)

Lat high row: 90 x 10, 110 x 8, 120 x 6
    Military press: 40 x 10 , 45 x 8, 50 x 6
    Lat pull-downs: 110 x 10, 130 x 8, 150 x 6
    (Going to drop these soon as I am doing lat high row which I am told is a better exercise for swimming.)
    Tricep pull-downs: 3 sets of 40 x 10

2 sets of 25 crunches with medicine ball

Followed weights with 2 mile easy run on treadmill.

Went to a festival about 40 minutes away centered around bike races to be held locally today and tomorrow. Son raced in a kids 1k running race and a 200 yard bike race. Later the pro cyclists were doing criterium races. Women's race was very exciting with an almost too-close-to-call finish between the National Criterium Champ and another gal.

It is pretty awesome to watch the pros at these races. The power, the endurance, the focus, and the intensity is just amazing.

Updated May 3rd, 2009 at 01:22 AM by elise526

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Saturday 5/2/09

by , May 2nd, 2009 at 10:40 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    I got wet today but wouldn't really call it a workout.

After I got done coaching my triathletes I had about 30 minutes until lap swim was over so I got in and did:

300 swim free
    200 swim back
    Chatted a bit with the girls in the adjacent lane, then;

4 x 200 on 3:30 alternating back and free
    averaged 2:50 on free, 3:05 on back

100 easy swim

for a total of 1400 y
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Saturday, May 2

by , May 2nd, 2009 at 06:39 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Run + Weights:

Went on a 5 mile trail run today. Didn't feel nearly as bad as earlier in the week!

Hit the gym for a quick workout. Forgot my weight lifting gloves. I'm going to have to stick them in the car or something ...

squats on Hammer machine, 200 x 2 x 15
    standing lat pulldown, 130 x 2 x 12
    narrow grip seated row, 100 x 2 x 12
    alternating hammers, 25 x 2 x 20
    external rotators, 10 x 2 x 15, both sides
    push ups, 4 x 15, 1 x 25
    elevated crunches w/10 lb weight held by feet, 4 x 25
    back extensions w/20 lb FB, 2 x 25
    hip hinges on left leg w/2 10 lb DBs, 2 x 15
    prone scapular scrunches w/3 lb hand weights for RC, 2 x 25

(I think I did something else, but I can't remember ...)

Question:

When you're doing body weight exercises like push ups or chin ups, does it make a difference in terms of strength how close together you do your sets? Should they be consecutive ideally? Can you cycle through them with other exercises? Can you do them throughtout the day and still have a strength benefit?

I'm not really loving squatting with weights/barbells on my shoulders. The Smith machine was padded, but it still bothers me when things (like barbells) rest on top of my shoulders and traps ...

Found a picture dictionary of some ab exercises. Pics are good! http://www.ab-core-and-stomach-exerc...exercises.html Really need to get around to purchasing an ab roller.

Updated May 3rd, 2009 at 11:58 AM by The Fortress

Categories
    Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Running
  7. Here Comes The Sun, It's Alright!

by , May 2nd, 2009 at 05:55 PM (Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!)
    Skipped swimming Friday....I kept falling asleep behind the wheel on the way to swim after school, so when I got there I decided to bag it and go home to take a nap.....it was a good choice.
    Saturday, back to normal and extra motivated too! Nasti practice @ 10:00 am and here's the workout I did:

1) 600 Free Warm-up (breathe 3 strokes)
    2) 200 Kick on back dolphin w/arms up at ears
    3) 10 X (100 on 1:45 and 2 x 50 on 1:00)
    4) 12 X 25 Free on :30 (some people did hypoxic stuff, I just sprinted as best I could)
    5) 200 IM moderate
    6) 2 X 100 IM cooldown

3,500 Yards of feelin' great!

I read through Fort's Blog (2 pages of comments).
    I hardly kick. My focus events are ow, 1650, 1,000, 400, and 200 in that order of preference. I like butterfly too.....I like the "out of breath" and muscular fatigue feeling it gives me, but I'm not a fast flyer. Anyway I need to work on kicking (Fort's blogs make me realize this).
    My problem is that when I isolate my kicking from my swimming (kick sets) I feel no connection when I try to put it all together. (does that make sense?)
    Do you think it is possible to do "Kick Concentration" sets with stroke? I don't know if I have a learning disability or what but I think I learn better in the "whole stroke" way. I have really strong legs, but maybe weak hips?

Today was a hard day....The Indianapolis mini marathon. I have run the mini pregnant (3 X) and I miss it. It was usually never my fastest mini since it was close to Boston but always the most fun! (parties/friends!) I turned it on the tv while I was getting ready to swim and it makes me sad.
    Lets have a party at my house sometime during the INDY Nationals this August and make it like the old Indy mini parties....Jimbie (you squatter) can you help me with this?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Saturday 5/2 - Recovery NEEDED

by , May 2nd, 2009 at 05:47 PM (Mixing it up this year)
    I found myself very stiff and sore from yesterdays 500 Fly so I opted to just do about 2000 today with the girls.

I am thinking to myself how did I used to get thru 2 a days last year with the kids and now all I can do is barely recover from one workout.

Even though the 500 Fly took alot out of me I will probably do this more often as I am again training for the 200 Fly this summer.

3x50 pulling lane lines
    5x100 @ 1:45 Free
    12x25 Fly drills
    12x25 Back drills
    12x25 Free drills
    12x25 Breast drills
    300 kick with fins EZ

Total 2150 yards
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Sat May 2nd, 2009 Nats in 6 days

by , May 2nd, 2009 at 04:55 PM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Sat May 2nd, 2009

NEXT MEET
    USMS MASTERS SCY NATIONALS
    May 8 - 10
    6 days

TODAYS SWIM PRACTICE
    SCY
    Swam 7:30 - 9:00
    Whitney Coached
    TSC diving well
    swam with Tyler, Todd, Brad, Larry, Jon, & Mary

warm up
    assigned: go up and down the following
    which adds up to 1,800
    did: around 1,200

put on B70

4 x 50 fr on 1:00 desc
    dove
    went
    30, 28, 26, 23

100 easy

25 fr ez speed
    todd timed
    went 10.29

100 easy

25 fr fast
    todd timed
    went 9.88

100 easy

25 sdk
    todd timed
    went 10.7

50 easy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. 63 miles in lake travis

I will be joining Keith Bell, Robert Alford, Chris Derks, Lynne Smith, and Chuck Wiley for a swim at the end of the month in Austin. Following is the e-mail sent from Keith:

As near as I can tell, the weekend of May 22 -24 works for everyone to do our 63.7 mile swim of Lake Travis. I've wanted to do the swim for the challenge, to do something interesting and exciting, to promote open water swimming, and for the fun of it. But I want to use the swim to raise money and awareness for a good cause, one to which I thought we all could relate: providing funding for swimming lessons for disadvantaged children.

Swimming is a huge part of my life. It is my passion, my hobby, my relaxation, and my retreat. I even found ways to make it an integral part of my vocational pursuits.

Swimming goes a long way toward keeping me healthy, sane, and happy. It infuses my day with vigor, passion, and joy. It heals my woes, smothers my sorrows, and soothes my soul. It breathes unmitigated joy into my life. Swimming has been an incredible gift for me.

I feel safe in assuming swimming has been a significant and rich part of your lives as well. Let's save some lives and enrich many more by raising funds and awareness for so that children, who otherwise might never get the opportunity, can learn to swim and have the door opened to our special world. I think you will agree that we have the power to give these kids a truly, special gift.

Toward that end, I have set (and ask you to embrace) the goal for each of us to raise at least $1000 in sponsorship/donations/pledges for our swim. Chris Copeland has generously cleared his weekend and is providing his boat for our adventure. I will work on getting kayakers to join us. Robert and I will work on securing sponsorship for food and anything else we (or you) think we might need. I will work on publicity/media coverage to get the word out, increase awareness for our cause, and help raise funds.

I ask that each of us get going on raising funds. I know the economy is tight and tightening, but our cause is greater than many might see at first glance. Not only can we prevent drownings, but swimming is probably the best preventive medicine (as opposed to early detection, which the medical community masquerades as preventive medicine) and, for the same reason, one of the best financial investments anyone can make. (Hey, the price of a heart attack starts at about $50,000.)

It is my intention that 100% of whatever funds we raise through the swim and proposed clinic will to the City of Austin earmarked for their scholarship fund for swimming lessons .

Let's get going. Let's keep an open, ongoing line of communicate with each other, and make this a special event in our lives.

Thank you so much.

Keith
    Dr. Keith Bell, President
    American Swimming Association
    info@americanswimmingassociation.com
    www.americanswimmingassociation.com
    (512) 327-2260
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Friday, May 1

by , May 1st, 2009 at 04:18 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Back in the water now. Still taking it pretty easy. I think Sunday am will be my first real workout back. I seem to recall after the Auburn meet that my first post-taper workout at GMU was a killer!

SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

700 variety warm up

6 x (2 x 25 UW shooter on back, no fins + 25 EZ)

Played around with amplitude on these. Saw Mike Ross suggested this on the forum, and I think it's a good tip. Did first 4 shooters with a large amplitude, taking 18-19 kicks. LOVE doing these slow drilly dolphin kicks and going deep. Then did 4 going medium speed with smaller amplitude, took 20-21 kicks. Then back to 4 with 18-19 kicks.

50 EZ

Aerobic Set:

10 x 50
    5 back @ 1:00 (10 SDK+ 8 SDK off walls)
    5 free @ 50

Kick Mountain:

Dolphin kick w/MF. Up the mountain w/board and down the mountain on back.

1 x 50 @ :45
    1 x 100 @ 1:30
    1 x 150 @ 2:15
    1 x 200 @ 3:00
    300 free
    1 x 200 @ 3:00
    1 x 150 @ 2:15
    1 x 100 @ 1:30
    1 x 50 @ :45

200 C/D

Total: 3200

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Historically, I've always been happy when SCY season ended, so I could focus on LC. I've always liked LC, especially for free without all those turns. But not this year ... I feel like I've finally, after many months, made a breakthrough on my backstroke SDKs. Wouldn't mind a few more short course races.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ran in forumite NothinBut50s at the rec center. Great guy -- trains just like Jazz. He's getting back into the pool after a knee and back injury. We bemoaned not being able to use the starting blocks -- country regulation. He said the lifeguards sometimes let him use them at 9:00 pm when no one's there. Not my usual practice time anymore, though it used to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just planning a short run for tomorrow, unless it rains and all the kids' activities are cancelled.

Will do some RC work now. Adding in hip hinges with dumbells on the left leg. Need to research some other balance exercises.

Updated May 1st, 2009 at 04:28 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  12. Ear Trouble

by , May 1st, 2009 at 01:56 PM (Elise's Fitness Fun)
    Yesterday, my left ear started feeling funny. I didn't worry too much at first because I thought it was just allergy congestion. I didn't feel great overall yesterday, so I didn't do anything. Kind of had that feeling of really bad allergies. Today, I woke up and ear is definitely become more of a problem and I have a slight fever. Called doc and he has called in some medicine. Guess I won't be doing anything today.

If I feel better tomorrow, hope to bike or lift weights.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. Friday 5/1/09 1 week to Nationals!!!

by , May 1st, 2009 at 01:37 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    SCY Solo

15 minute warmup, choice, with no equipment; mix swimming/kicking/pulling/drilling
    {did 300 swim 1/2 free, 1/2 back
    kicked 150 on back alternating 25 dolphin/25 flutter
    4 x 50 drill - 2 free, 2 back
    2 x 100 pull, 1- free, 2 back}

4 x 100 on 2:00 alt. 50 drill/50 build to about 80%: odds are free,
    evens are back (work on settling into a comfortable pace on the backstroke)
    {on the free did fist drill then catchup drill swam these around 1:20
    on back did 7 kick/3 stroke drill on both, swam them around 1:30}
    50 easy

swim 4x around:
    4x25 on 35
    50 easy free
    25s are 4 of each stroke in a row, IM order; odd 25s sprint 1st 12.5; evens sprint 2nd 12.5
    {fly around 20, back just over 20, breast around 25, free around 16}

swim down 11 minutes choice
    {did 700 y 1/2 free, 1/2 back}

Total: 2600 yards

Updated May 1st, 2009 at 07:30 PM by poolraat

Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. 5/1/2009 Fast Fly/Back

by , May 1st, 2009 at 12:55 PM (TJ's Blog of Slow Swimming!)
    11:00 AM to Noon at the Downtown YMCA (SCM) coached by Elisa.

Warmup and Main Set:
    1x150 free drill on 4:00
    3x150 free descend on 3:30 - 2:40, 2:37, 2:25
    1x150 fly drill on 4:15 - I did one arm fly working on a low, flat recovery and a strong upkick.
    4x25 fly descend on :40
    4x25 fly fast on :45 - I did all the fly intervals one armed

1x150 free drill on 4:00
    3x150 free descent on 3:30 - 2:35, 2:28, 2:17
    1x150 back drill on 4:15 - I did 3 right arm/3 left arm back, but only managed to finish 100 of the 150
    4x25 back descend on :40
    4x25 back fast on :45 - I did 1 and 3 free so that I would work on pushing the other two on back

4x25 choice sprint on :50 - I did mine in IM order :19, :22, :23, :17 high

Warmdown:
    150 easy - first 50 choice back drill

2150 meters
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  15. Gregor Mendel was right!

by , May 1st, 2009 at 12:44 PM (My non-workout blog and random thoughts)
    OK, so I can do a little bragging about our family swimming prowess. My brother and I hold (soon to be certified) national records in the same age group! At the time of this blog entry, I am 54 and he is 50 (and a young whipper-snapper).

I will be happy to challenge him to race any distance and any stroke as long as I get a 5 year head start. Fortunately, in 2009, I am now considered to be "aged-up" under FINA rules and happily leave the land of the 50-54 year olds.

Seriously, he was the star swimmer when we were age groupers and was an 1980 OT consolation finalist in the 400IM (during the Moscow games that we (USA) boycotted). He still holds the Las Cruces High School record in the 200IM (1:58 - set way back in 1975).

I was never able to achieve anything close to his performance level. It wasn't until I started back into swimming as an adult that my performances were sort of notable. While I'm happy with my times, I also realize just how darn slow that I am. There are 12 year old girls that can swim faster than I ever will be able to and given that fact, I see no reason to get all puffy.

Neverless, our little family accomplishment could make a great USMS trivia pursuit question.

2009 M50-54 Short Course Meters Records
    Event Name Date Time
    50 Back
    Tom Wolf 10-10-04 29.30
    Philipp A Djang 12-07-08 29.04*

200 Breast
    Robert Strand 12-15-96 2:34.71
    Benn W Doyle 12-07-08 2:32.78*
    Lincoln P Djang 02-15-09 2:32.06*
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  16. Fri May 1st, 2009 1 week till Nats

by , May 1st, 2009 at 12:18 PM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Fri May 1st, 2009

Ordered B70 Legs, hope they arrive soon

NEXT MEET
    USMS MASTERS SCY NATIONALS
    May 8 - 10
    1 week / 7 days

TODAYS SWIM PRACTICE
    LCM & SCY
    Swam 5:30 - 7:00
    Whitney Coached
    TSC main pool & diving well
    swam with doug & ned
    Tyler, Todd, Brad, Mike, Larry, Max, Jon, & Mary

wore B70 nero Comp during whole practice

Warmed Up LCM

switched to SCY

assigned 40 x 50 fr on 1:00
    odds: strong at a pace
    evens: easy
    DID: 10 rounds of 50 fr easy speed from a dive then 3 x 50 easy or skip, held 25's & 26's

did one relay exchange,
    clock didn't work

assigned: 10 x 100 on 2:00
    odds strong
    evens: easy
    did: three 100's fr from a dive on 4:00, easy speed
    went 55's

Updated May 1st, 2009 at 01:45 PM by ande

Categories
    Uncategorized
  17. It's Brittany B I T _ _ !

by , May 1st, 2009 at 09:56 AM (Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!)
    I took Thursday off school so I could sleep in before attempting my challenging drive home from Columbus, Ohio after the BS concert. I got up around 8:30 and did this swim solo at LA Fitness:
    1) 500 Free Warm-up
    2) 12 X 25 Sprint Kick with Zoomers on :30
    3) 4 X (150 on 2:45----100 on 1:50----50 on 55:00)
    4) 8 X 50 on 1:00 (odds drill freestyle, even swim hard)
    5) Pyramid Distance Up
    100 Free on 2:00 interval
    200 Free on 4:00
    300 Free on 5:30
    400 Free on 7:30
    500 Free on 9:00
    6) 100 IM cool-down

3,600 Yards

Around 12:30 we (Sarah and her friend Paige) departed for the 3 hour drive to Columbus. It was raining and the traffic was bad. Even though I said I was going to control the radio I gave in and listened to a blaring "Brittney through the years" collection of all her cd's. It wasn't too bad, in fact I like the "In the Zone" cd pretty well!
    Just on the outskirts of Dayton the truck I was tailgating had a near-crisis! Out of nowhere the hood (lid) that covers the engine randomly flew up which blocked the windshield rendering the driver blind to the road! The traffic was so bumper-to-bumper that I was almost rear-ended and had to swerve off the road and into the median to avoid getting hit. I jumped out of my car to see if the truck people were okay...they were shaken but fine.
    I gave the lady a hug and said "good driving mario!" (she was old enough to know who mario Andretti is and managed to laugh) We tried to shut the hood(lid) but the impact with the roof crushed it and pulled it out 6-8" past its lock so the truck was un-drivable and the truck lady and her passenger were stuck till help arrived.
    We managed to make it the rest of the way without incedent and the girls were there in time to get the VIP pre-concert treatment they had paid for!
    I spent the next 7 hours lurking around Columbus just shopping, eating, and talking to people I did not know (strangers).
    After the concert the rain started pouring again. The girls were psyched....they got to see Brit behind-stage and their seats were awesome too!
    After telling me everything about the concert they quickly fell asleep which meant I had to keep myself awake. The only way I know to keep myself awake in extreme conditions is with "DOTS" (the chewy fruit gel candy) and lots of coffee. I rationed myself a dot per exit and we made it safely home around 2:30 a.m.
    I am now at school (Friday) which meant i was up at 6:00 a.m. I will post my evening swim workout if I make it there....I am guessing I might bag it.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  18. Friday 5/1 - Ringing in May Crazy Lady Style

by , May 1st, 2009 at 08:06 AM (Mixing it up this year)
    What a way to ring in May. It was Long Course today so after last Fridays comments YES I decided to do a 500 FLY no fins nothing!

10x100 @ 2:00 Free
    500 Free Kick with fins
    500 Fly for time 10:30 was out in 4:08 at the 200 and was able to keep it very consistant
    500 as 100 Fr/bk/fr/bk/fr just to feel my arms again
    500 Free Kick with fins
    800 Free w/paddles and bouy for time 12:36
    200 Free EZ

Total 4000 meters
    time now!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  19. Dryland & Hang out with my wife day 30Apr09

by , April 30th, 2009 at 10:03 PM (Swim like an Orca, but faster !)
    Last blog I report we adopted a dog from the SPCA in Sacramento. Well here he is, Junie. Aussie/B.Collie

The above is his "doggie woggie" thats really what I wanted in a dog, here's another pic...

Today was suppose to have been at the High School / Y with a borrowed workout. I'll be playing catch up into Saturday...
    Today was basic dryland, ball, bands and such.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  20. Thursday 4/30/09...8 days to Nationals

by , April 30th, 2009 at 06:34 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    I got a massage yesterday. I'm surprised at how sore I am from it. She really worked on my upper back and that's where I noticed it the most.

Here's how the workout went.
    SCY, Solo

20 minute warmup
    {swam 300 alternating free and back
    kicked 3 x 100 on my back alternating dolphin/flutter by 25's R :10
    drill 6 x 50 on RI :10 did 2 free, 2 back, 1 fly, 1 breast}

swim 6 x 50 on 1:10 alt. drill/build choice: build to 85% or so on each one
    {did these as free-back-fly 2x through}
    100 easy

2 broken 200s on 5:00 (do #1 free):
    #1: 100 at 80-85%, 15 sec. rest, 50 @90%, 10 sec. rest, 2 x 25 w/5 sec. rest, fast (concentrate on finishes)... enjoy the recovery time in between...
    {went 1:13 on the 100, around :34 on the 50. Total time minus rest was 2:23}

#2: 3x25 FAST back on 40, 50 easy choice on 1, 3x25 FAST fly on 40
    {back was under 20, fly around 17}
    100 easy

3x25 choice off blocks: Fast breakout w/3 fast stroke cycles, then swim easy to the wall and walk or float back
    {did 2 back and 1 fly, left calf cramped on the push off on the 2nd back}

10 minute easy swim down
    {went 600 alternating 75 free/75 back}

Total: 2475 yards
    Categories
    Uncategorized