View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Just Cruisin', Thursday, Sept. 17

by , September 17th, 2009 at 08:47 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

850 variety swim, kick, drill

Aerobic work:

3 x (4 x 50) @ 1:00
    #1-3 = UW SDK
    #4 = EZ free

50 EZ

5 x (3 x 100)
    #1 = free @ 1:40
    #2 = back or breast @ 1:40/1:50
    #3 = backstroke kick @ 1:50

50 EZ

Total: 3050

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

Barely broke a sweat today. Just cruised along.

Got a massage today and they worked on my calf. It feels worse now though. I was running around at Fort Son's cross country meet today watching the runners and I was limping a bit. I hope I haven't pulled a "Quick" and strained it too much. I though it was just sore from the cramping in practice, but it could be the seated leg curl machine or the runs or a combo ... Oh, well, won't need it much except for the transition area for the OW swim. But I hope it's fine by the Fall Ball where I will need it! Got my "Leg Cramps" product (with quinine) in the mail today. Going to start taking it right away.

Savageman:

Question: Can someone tell me what is legal to wear under your wetsuit these days?

My Savageman relay mate sent this to Mr. Fort today, which gave me a laugh:

"Happy Birthday! How about celebrating your birthday by going on a leisurely Sunday bike ride with the following hills? Congrats on the milestone birthday!"

Name/"Savage" CategoryAvg Grade/Max Grade:

Toothpick, 4th Savagery,0.25 mi, 9%,16%

Westernport, Hors Savage, 1.2 mi, 12%, 31%

Big Savage Mtn, 1st Savagery, 2.4 mi, 6%, 21%

Savage River State Forest, 4th Savagery, 2.8 mi, 4%, 7%

McAndrews Hill, 2nd Savagery, 0.6 mi, 9%, 19%

Otto Lane, 2nd Savagery, 0.6 mi, 8%, 17%

Killer Miller, Hors Savage, 1.3 mi, 8%,
    22%

Maynardier Ridge, 3rd Savagery, 0.25 mi, 12%,
    23%

The percentages are the average grade and maximum grades. Ouch!

Doing Savageman is part of his birthday present ... if anyone was wondering the reason for my OW craziness ... Although Eney Jones remarked on FB that she had read someone predicting that I would now become an OW swimmer since B70s are legal there. hahaha

Happy Notes:

I received my certificate for breaking a NR in the 50 back at Colonies Zones in the mail today. I still can't believe it really happened ... lol

After months of pestering my health insurance company, I believe they are going to cave and pay my claim for the PRP treatments I received in 2008. They had previously denied the claim as, among other things, "experimental." It helped to have letters from my chiro and doc for the appeals and that WSJ article. And, seriously, it was way cheaper than surgery!

Updated September 17th, 2009 at 10:02 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  2. More sunshine

by , September 17th, 2009 at 07:18 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)

The weather here has been fantastic and unseasonably warm with daytime temps in the 80's. And of course the clear blue skies that NE Nevada is known for (except when the smoke from the California fires settles in).

So I did another noon swim today and enjoyed another workout in the sunshine.

SCM, Solo

Warmup
    300 choice
    200 kick choice
    300 pull
    8 x 25 choice on 10 sec rest, odds drill, evens build

Main Set
    8 X 50 1:05 odds IM order, evens -free
    all free is B3

4 X 200 on 3:30

8 X 50 1:05 odds IM order, evens -free
    all free is B3

Cool down
    1 x 200 easy choice

Total: 2800 meters
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Still dry in the land of Carmel!

by , September 17th, 2009 at 05:58 PM (Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!)
    This is my 5th self-imposed day off swimming. I thought a week off to reward myself for training/competing in Nationals and Big Shoulders would be a nice treat.
    Somehow I have developed a throat/ear/nose/head cold type condition. Instead of feeling like I'm going to burst with energy I am getting more tired each day. Someone at school asked if it could be allergies. I have never had allergies but this dry, dusty weather combined with an 87 minute plunge in the big lake could be the culprit. I hurried to the cvs after school and purchased some Claritin. Time will tell my fate. I am going to swim tomorrow.
    Speaking of school, I had a 1st grade girl stick her tongue out at me today in class! In all my years of teaching I've never had that happen.
    The whole thing really struck me funny! It was after my 6th repitition of "Crabbin Around" with my primary classes. I was tired but being as enthusiastic as a brassy wind-up toy.
    I couldn't decide exactly how to react to this tongue-thrusting protest so I ignored it. (while inwardly laughing uncontrollably).
    A couple of the girl's classmates noticed the tongue and relentlessly tattled on her. I told the tattlers I'd deal with it later. (after I quit giggling)

If anyone is looking for a freshwater 5k or 10k swim next July look no further. The Noblesville Nasti's are hosting the 10k National Championships in Morse Reservoir.
    The Festivities will be July 17 and 20.. The course is a double loop. It's pretty much a straight shot with a turn-around. I found it very easy to follow. The projected water temp is 78-82. The best thing about it will be the friendly Nasti hospitality including a pre-race meal and a morning after brunch at Forest Park Pool. For more information visit the website: www.grinswim.org/USMS2010K/ or e-mail the race director, /dick sidner. dsidner@gmail.com
    It should be loads of fun!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Crazy Little Thing in Indianapolis

by , September 17th, 2009 at 12:18 PM (Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton)
    Today's vlog, part of an ongoing series from last summer's Long Course Meters Nationals in Indianapolis, does not require a whole lot of explanation. I do think, however, that a short glossary might be in order:

Novelty stimulus females: women unfamiliar to a male and hence able to induce the Coolidge Effect during initial encounters

Refractory period: the amount of time after a "swim" that a "swimmer" requires before being able to "swim" again with any kind of meaningful vigor and/or forward progress. Example: Leslie Livingston swims the 50 backstroke on August 12th, 2009. Seventeen years later, i.e., August 12th, 2026, she is ready to try it again.

Sexual harassment: words, deeds, actions, inuendo, and the like that are unwanted by those upon whom such is foisted; the kind of boorish behavior that guys like Jim Thornton have dedicated their lives to preventing

Hymenopterans: stinging insects in the bee, wasp, and yellow jacket families, sometimes linked metaphorically with human love

Fiction: a work of art that has not actually happened in "reality" but is nevertheless "true" in the greater scheme of things and may, in fact, have happened on an almost nightly fantasy basis since an author's chance meeting with a comely Canadian emigre/soil entomologist/swimmer protagonist (just to use a random example) who has subsequently refused to respond to any or all of his Facebook postings, again, not that any of this is "real" though, again, its essential "truth" is a different story entirely.

Note: Jealousy welling up within the breast of anyone with any romantic affiliation whatsoever to any of the entirely fictional characters in today's film (despite these characters' resemblance to real people with the same names) is absolutely unwarranted.

Hanky? No!

Panky? Decidedly not!

Nevertheless, please enjoy the most tragic of all human situations...what wasn't but might have been:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m02_xkVUKk"]YouTube - Birds, Yellow Jackets, and Novelty Stimulus Teeammates[/ame]

Updated September 17th, 2009 at 12:27 PM by jim thornton

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Thursday Sep 17th, 2009

by , September 17th, 2009 at 10:24 AM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Thursday Sep 17th, 2009

here's teammate pics from
    2009 La Jolla Rough water

Training for:
    2009 SPMA Short Course Meters Championships
    December 4th - 6th, 2009 at Long Beach
    http://www.spma.net/meetforms/2009/lbgscm.htm

Days till Long Beach

TODAYS SWIM PRACTICE

SCY
    6:30 - 8:00
    Whitney coached
    UT Swim Center
    dove in on time
    Swam with Mike V,
    beside Paul Larry tyler todd max sharon & doug

Warm-up
    4 rounds of 50 sw 25 k on back 25 drill

Main Set

4 rounds of
    10 x 100 on 1:20
    inx: 70 - 75% effort get 10 to 15 sec rest
    easy 100 after each round

round 1 held 67 - 70
    round 2 held 64 - 66
    round 3 kicked 75's held 56's kicked 100 on #10 went 1:09
    round 4 held 62 - 65

NEXT MEET

looking for a couple SCM Meets in Nov or Dec?

Plan to go to:

1) SCM meet in San Antonio wk before
    Thanksgiving

2) SPMA Short Course Meters Championships in
    Long Beach, CA
    Friday December 4 - Sunday 6, 2009
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  6. Still slow but not as slow as yesterday

by , September 17th, 2009 at 07:33 AM (Mixing it up this year)
    Just have so little energy this last few days.

10x100@1:45 Free every 3rd Back
    500 Free kick w/fins every 3rd 25 sprint
    500 Back kick/drills w/fins by 100 as fashion model, partial recovery, underwater recover
    500 Fly kick w/fins odds normal kick evens under water with a kickboard submerged this is actually kind of fun to do
    8x50 Free from a dive 20 yard sprints rest easy #5 was horrible (too deep) but the rest were good
    300 Free easy

Total 3200 yards
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Stroke clinic

by , September 17th, 2009 at 01:02 AM (Swim like an Orca, but faster !)
    AQUM -Coach Janine

Warm- 600 (Fr & Kick)

6x100 Rev IM 1:30 - 1:50
    6x100 BK 50 drill/50 swim (one arm drill)
    6x100 BR 50 drill/50 swim (fly kick drill)
    100 cool down

a lot of stroke coaching on fly, back & breast.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Wetsuit workout + Weights, Wed., Sept 16

by , September 16th, 2009 at 05:19 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Weights/Dryland:

Since I missed yesterday, I decided to get a short weight session in despite not wanting to do doubles this week. Didn't do too much. Had to restrain myself. lol

long arm crunches, 2 x 50
    bicycles, 2 x 50
    decline reverse crunches, 3 x 25
    HS hi row, 90 x 1 x 5, 110 x 1 x 5, 130 x 1 x 10, 150 x 1 x 10, 170 x 1 x 10
    HS bench press, 50 x 1 x 5, 70 x 1 x 5, 80 x 3 x 10
    alternating hammers, 20 DBs x 2 x 30
    external and internal rotators, 10 x 2 x 15, each arm
    prone scapular scrunches w/handweights, 2 x 25
    scapular wall slides, 2 x 25

15 minutes of stretching. Tried to work on my right calf; I feel like I strained something there ... Keep forgetting to use the damn foam roller. I have a 30 minute massage scheduled for tomorrow to work on it.

Saw a very buff guying doing a cool exercise today that was sort of like Chris' Bruce Lee leg raises. He was using the bar where I do hanging ab work. He did a hanging straight leg raise and then just kept going, keeping his legs straight all the way up to the bar where his hands were. Crazy. Naturally, I tried it -- couldn't do it at all. Damn weak core!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swim/SCY/Solo:

Drove to the Rec Center to do a wetsuit workout with my 2XU. I know pool workouts can't really simulate OW, but I gave it a bit of a whirl with a set of 22 x 100 (The half iron is 2112, assuming one swims straight). I didn't go all out at all, but tried to build into the swims and keep a pretty good clip. The first 5 were basically extended warm up. I wore fins to de-weight the shoulder, but didn't kick at all or SDK off the turns. So I don't think they decreased my times too much. I mentally swam the 100s in groups of 5 so I wouldn't lose count as I am wont to do at virtually any distance ... I had decided to take 15 seconds of rest between the 100s, figuring I'd go around 1:10s. (This is my version of a short rest set, though I know some of you crazies do much worse.) When I went under 1:10, I just took 17-18 seconds rest.

Warm up:

400 swim
    200 kick

Main set:

22 x 100

#1-5, went 1:10s @ :15 RI
    #6-10, went 1:08-09 @ :16-17 RI
    #11-15, went 1:07-08 @ :17-18 RI
    #16-17, went 1:07 @ :18 RI
    #18-22, went 1:05-07 @ :18-20 RI

I didn't take any extra rest between the sets, just swam straight through. I swam the set, including the rest, in 29:30. The rest constituted about 5 minutes of the swim. Obviously wouldn't have gone quite as fast on the 100 splits without the rest (and wouldn't go as fast in OW w/o the pool walls). On the other hand, I wasn't going all out by any stretch. I didn't feel terrifically tired afterward, though I feel some arm fatigue now. It's hard for me to judge how long I can keep up a fairly fast rate without going into a nasty lactic acid phase. I think I'll try some alternating bursts of sprinting and cruising throughout the race.

I also began overheating at about #12, so suffered some on the last 10. When I took my wetsuit off afterward, my skin was hot. The pool temp was 82; Deep Creek is expected to be 68. So I shouldn't have this problem there.

I realize afterward that I should have done some sighting in there. Geek tells me he doesn't breathe when he sights. This seems like smart advice because then you're not lifting your head too high and disrupting your body position.

Then I did:

200 EZ

3 x (100 scull, 100 goswim free drill, 100 fly drill)

100 EZ

Total: 3800

GU:

Has anyone used the Roctane GU gel instead of the regular GU gel? I tried one today. I can't say I noticed any real difference (besides price). But it was thinner than regular GU, which I think tends to taste like frosting. So, this seemed like a plus. And I liked the blueberry-pomegranate flavor.

OW notes:

1. Ande gave me the following helpful advice:

"swim the first 200 very strong,
    then look around, who ever's near you must be pretty good, settle in behind them and draft
    when you're close to the finish line attempt to sprint past them and win

size matters,
    find a fast large person & draft,
    the bigger the better

180 lbs or more is ideal
    150 - 180: OK
    120 - 150: not so good
    120 or less: avoid
    100 pounders don't make much current

Watch the field look for challengers

Eye the course & know the currents.
    even if you're drafting, check now and then to make sure you're swimming the right direction"

No one should want to draft off me!

2. I've also been told it's a good idea to dolphin dive to the finish when you're hands can almost touch the bottom. Never would have thought of that.

3. I also tried my B70 goggles today. I bought the yellow mirrored ones. They were actually cheaper than the usual Speedo goggles I use and astonishingly comfortable. I really liked them.

Fall Ball:

Got an email from the meet director confirming that there will be touch pads and that we can do split requests. I'm really happy about the touch pads b/c I hate doing backstroke starts without them. Plus, it's nice to get your splits when you're swimming 100s and 200s! I hope the new pool is nice.

Updated September 16th, 2009 at 10:54 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts
  9. Day 31

10x50 FR@1:00

5x100 FR Kick w/fins@2:00

25/50/75/100/100/75/50/25 based on :30

200 easy

1700 SCY Indoors partly w/Mark W
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. boat ride

9/15/09
    Another day; another swim (actually 2) in the harbor. For our 10:30 AM session, I was planning another 2 hour swim (3 loops or circuits) but the wind was blowing steadier and the water was more turbulent than any other day since we arrived last week. I felt like I was getting beat up for the first time and cut it short..... 1 hour /1.5 circuits /4100 meters. The wind on my arms and the back of my neck felt cold and I wanted to increase my stroke rate to generate a little heat but couldn’t without creating dissonance with the chop. All of the others who were planning longer swims cut them short as well.
    Lunch and a 2 hour nap (WIllie and Steve went to Canterbury).... I didn’t realize how tired I was.
    9/16/09
    Steve has left us. Now a threesome, we are resolved to do a one way crossing if the opportunity arises. It is looking unlikely that we would have a large enough window for the double anyway. The official end of our neap tide is tomorrow, but the winds still blow and the sea is still to angry. We took the P&O ferry to Calais to see the channel beyond the sea walls in the harbor. 35 mile per hour steady winds and 6’+ white caps the whole way. There are no small craft out. The spring tide that starts on friday is the largest of the year, so it won’t be a day at the beach. Some tide info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_...ings_and_neaps
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. A great fall morning

by , September 16th, 2009 at 01:18 PM (A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming)
    9/16/09

I had a great outside swim this morning. It was just barely light enough to see with a crescent moon and Jupiter in the eastern sky when I started. As I was finishing the sun was peeking over the Rubies. What an awesome way to start the day!!

SCM, solo

300 swim free
    200 kick choice
    (on back-no board, 100 flutter/100 dolphin)
    300 pull free
    (w/buoy only)
    6 x 50 on 1 alt. drill build: odds free, evens no free
    (did fly-back-breast on the evens)

swim free 2x around:
    {
    3 x 150 on 2:30
    (on both rounds, kept these at 2:16±1)
    4 x 25 on :30
    (kept these around 20)
    50 easy on 1:00
    }

kick 6 x 50 w/fins w/10 sec. rest: descend 1-3, 4-6
    (did 50->42 on 1-3, 55->45 on 4-6)

200 swim down choice
    --
    Total: 2800 meters
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Wednesday Sep 16th, 2009

by , September 16th, 2009 at 11:30 AM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Wednesday Sep 16th, 2009

weighed 211

here's teammate pics from La Jolla Rough water
    http://picasaweb.google.com/edmcoates/LaJolla2009

Felt better today, slept more

Training for:
    2009 SPMA Short Course Meters Championships
    December 4th - 6th, 2009 at Long Beach
    http://www.spma.net/meetforms/2009/lbgscm.htm

Days till Long Beach

Weights:
    lat press 8 x 45 8 x 50 6 x 55 5 x 60
    lat pull 6 x 195 5 x 205
    bench press 6 x 185
    leg press 8 x 270 8 x 360

TODAYS SWIM PRACTICE

SCY
    6:30 - 8:00
    Whitney coached
    UT Swim Center
    dove in on time
    Swam with Paul & Larry
    beside Ned, Brad, & Jon

Warm-up
    4 rounds of 100 frl 100 k 100 im
    worked the kicks some went 1:13 on last one

Main Set

4 rounds of
    ((5 x 100 on 1:20 inx: get in a groove
    ave 69
    assigned 4 x 50 round 1 fl, round 2 bk, 3 br, 4 fr
    1) 12.5 fast 37.5 easy
    2) 25.0 fast 25.0 easy
    3) 37.5 fast 12.5 easy
    5) 50 fast Get time
    did: swam 1, skipped 2, 3, swam 4 fast ))

assigned: 40 x 25 with FINs Did the set but didn't wear fins
    1) 10 kick on :20 made it
    2) 10 no breath on :30
    3) 10 kick on :20 made it
    4) 10 fast break outs, I worked SDK

50 easy

NEXT MEET

looking for a couple SCM Meets in Nov or Dec?

Plan to go to:

1) SCM meet in San Antonio wk before
    Thanksgiving

2) SPMA Short Course Meters Championships in
    Long Beach, CA
    Friday December 4 - Sunday 6, 2009

Updated September 16th, 2009 at 09:55 PM by ande

Categories
    Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts
  13. Still somewhat sluggish today

by , September 16th, 2009 at 07:35 AM (Mixing it up this year)
    Felt slow and sluggish today, too much stress lately need something fun.

1000 Free as 5x200 swim/pull/swim/kick/swim
    5x50@1:05 Free right arm only w/paddle
    5x50@1:05 Free left arm only w/paddle
    8x25@:45 Free kick #3&6 Sprint went 27, 26
    5x50@:55 Free w/paddle on right 4 kicks on paddle hand
    5x50@:55 Free w/paddle on left 4 kicks on paddle hand
    8x25@:45 Free kick evens sprint went 27, 27, 26, 25
    200 Back w/paddles & board
    200 Free EZ
    200 Free alternate drill/swim

Total 3000 yards
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. lead then followed

by , September 16th, 2009 at 05:20 AM (Swim like an Orca, but faster !)
    AQUM - coach Janine

Warm 200FR, 50K, 200FR, 50 fly kick
    Main
    10x100 1:30 (Did 9, all EZ holding 1:20/21)
    4x300 IM done as;
    75 Fly,75 Back,75 BR,75 FR on 1:30
    150 cool down

I lost count on the 10x100's, honestly, I was doing them as easy as I could without losing speed and just trying to hold 1:20 I could have gone faster, but I needed to focus on torque and feel. I lead the lane on the FR, but followed in the 75's, as my BK and BR are still developing.
    Last week I did a lot of fly, every day there was at least 300+ of fly swim... My coach is getting me to breath earlier on fly and its causing me to inhale a lot of water; since my face is breaking out of the water sooner, I'm trying to take the breath as water is still draining. Yet its faster and I seem to reach the wall quicker.....Also I realized its not so easy to try to change from one in/one out to one in/ two out pattern. I just want to get a little more air so I can eventually complete like a 2x100 fly . I certainly like the feeling when I give my lane "mates" a good head start and I still catch them on fly, only to lose the edge on BK and BR ...Still, I let the little things break me out of the full cycle of the fly and drop into a one arm fly, like possible arm collision, feet suddenly appearing in front of me, arms falling off , getting arm caught in the lane line, having to cough up excess water...
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  15. Meet Entries

by , September 15th, 2009 at 09:39 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Fall Ball & Sprint Classic:

Remembered to enter the Fall Ball online tonight at the last minute. I wasn't crazy about the order of events, and there are no stroke 50s or 100 IM. I entered:

200 back
    100 back
    100 free
    200 IM

I won't swim both the 100 free and 200 IM. I'll just see what I feel like swimming once I'm there. The 200 IM I swam last year was the most painful thing ever, so it will probably be the 100 free (if I'm not gassed after the backstroke events). There are unofficial stroke relays there as well that sound pretty fun. Haven't done one of those since I was a kid.

I think for the Sprint Classic I'm going to swim the four 50s and the four 25s. I'd like to swim the 100 fly before the end of the year, but I swam that last year at the Classic and I have a yen to do the quad 50s. The 100 fly is right between the 50 back and 50 breast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The procedure went fine today. No ulcers. I was a little foolish to think I was going to work out today though ... I took a 3 hour nap instead and was kinda groggy the rest of the day. Back at it tomorrow.

Anyone ever tried this recovery drink?

www.go-energy-recovery.com

Updated September 16th, 2009 at 09:55 AM by The Fortress

Categories
    Masters Swim Meets / Events
  16. Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 Workout -9/19/09 -SCY

by , September 15th, 2009 at 03:36 PM (Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 a.m. Workout)
    Coach Pepe has a special workout for Saturday morning. You'll need to show up to find out what it is
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  17. Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 Workout -9/18/09 -SCY

by , September 15th, 2009 at 03:33 PM (Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 a.m. Workout)
    SCY

WARM UP:
    4 X 150 free 2:30
    4 X 150 50 free/50 stroke/50 free 2:45
    4 X 150 kick 3:15

4 X 200 pull(free) 3:00
    4 X 200 IM 3:30

8 X 50 build to fast 1:10
    8 X 25 sprint :40
    8 X 50 25 underwater/25 fast 1:15
    All choice. Take a short break after the 25's.

WARM DOWN: 4 X 50 easy 1:00

4600Y
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  18. Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 Workout -9/17/09 -SCY

by , September 15th, 2009 at 03:25 PM (Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 a.m. Workout)
    SCY

WARM UP:
    4 X 100 1:45
    4 X 100 1:40
    4 X 100 1:30

1 X 200 kick 4:30
    2 X 100 kick 2:15
    8 X 25 kick fast NB :40

4 X 50 fly 1:10
    1 X 100 easy free 2:00
    4 X 50 back 1:00
    1 X 100 easy free 2:00
    4 X 50 breast 1:10
    1 X 100 easy free -

2 X 100 moderate 1:45
    1 X 100 Free @100% 2:15
    Swim the set 5 times.

12 X 25 :40
    20 sprint/no breath

4700Y
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  19. Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 Workout -9/16/09 -SCY

by , September 15th, 2009 at 03:19 PM (Sarasota Y Sharks Masters 5:30 a.m. Workout)
    I will be leaving for USMS convention tomorrow so I will go ahead and post workouts through Saturday.

SCY

WARM UP:
    1 X 100 1:45
    2 X 150 2:15
    3 X 200 3:00
    1 X 400 -

2 X 100 kick 2:10
    6 X 25 kick fast NB :40
    2 X 50 kick 1:10
    6 X 25 kick fast NB :40

1 X 50 easy 1:00
    1 X 50 build 1:00
    1 X 50 fast 1:15
    4 X 25 fast :30
    Swim it 4 times. Short break between rounds.

4 X 50 easy 1:00

2 X 100 moderate 1:50
    1 X 100 @ 100% 3:00
    Swim the set 4 times. On the fast 100's, 1 of each stroke IM order.

4600Y

Updated September 15th, 2009 at 03:28 PM by RickMile

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  20. Day 30

Funny how life is sometimes...it has taken me almost 3 months to get 30 days of training... I just thank God today for my ability to even do it ...since I know there are people out there that can't...

10x50 FR@1:00
    50 Easy
    5x100 FR Pull@1:45
    50 Easy

8x50 FL@1:30 Swim down/Drill back w/fins

200 Easy

1700 SCY Indoors Solo
    Categories
    Uncategorized