View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Wed-Fri, March 21-23

by , March 24th, 2018 at 10:08 AM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    I was pretty down and out from this cold I've had on Monday and Tuesday. One day I did 1000 easy. That was it.

Wed: Swim/SCY @ Sewy

Swam with the Sewy team because Pitt practice was cancelled due to weather. I can't remember the workout exactly. I know I warmed up and did some bursts. The team was doing a set. But I did 10 x 25 AFAP + 75 EZ with a couple extra 50 EZs thrown in.

Drylands: flutter kicks in streamline on bosu, streamline stands on flat side of bosu, warrior on bosu, seated rows, good mornings, hip thrusters, explosive leg extensions, standing broad jumps, goblet squats, med ball slams, knee tuck jumps, seated straight arm dips

Did 3-4 miles on treadmill

Friday: Swim/SCY @ Pitt

Warm up:

400 various
    4 x 25 shooters w/fins
    Fooled around with the Colorado backstroke ledges while the team was doing something else. I don't like these ledges; they're hard to get in place and keep them there. The ones they're using at NCAAs are so much better.

Main sets:

6 x 100 of something
    -- I did 6 x 50 burst + cruise @ 1:30

8 x 25 fly @ 100 pace @ :45
    100 EZ

Team was doing sprint 12 & 16 25s but the interval was too hard for me. So I did 5 x (5 x 25 AFAP + 75 EZ)

20 x 25 @ :30
    -- I did them odds = back kick @ 100 pace, evens = EZ
    100 EZ

Finally feeling better after struggling for a few days. May just go easy today and crank it up on Sunday. Really looking forward to going to NC for a few days for Lil Fort's spring break. All this snow doesn't feel like spring ...