View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. 2013 South Central Zone Long Course Meet Part 1

by , July 20th, 2013 at 06:39 PM (After a long rest)
    I have friends who live in Tulsa which is close to Jenks where the Zone meet is this year. So I took Thursday afternoon off work and drove up to Tulsa. We had a very nice dinner and easy Friday morning with friends before the zone meet. The pool at Jenks is awesome and an unbelievable facility for a high school.despite having ok swims and feeling ok, I just don't have any speed at the moment and I was disappointed with how I performed.

I still have the 50 and 200 to go tomorrow and will hopefully swim better in these.

400m free 4.36.1 - I had a great race with George Villareal and swam neck and neck the whole way but was touched out on the final stroke and placed 2nd.

800m free 9.42.xx - Again a neck and neck race until the final 75 when George Villareal picked it up and I just did not have anything to go with him and again placed 2nd.

100m free 58.2 - a horrible race the whole way despite winning my age group. I just did not get going and felt awful off the turn I felt like I went backwards.

At this point I just wish I felt quicker.
  2. 7|19|13 LCM, DPS importance?

5 x 100 on 5:00 as 50 fast / 50 easy

spl - time for fasts
    32 - 49
    32 - 43
    35 - 39
    44 - 34 (93%)
    44 - 33 (95%)

1 x 100 as 50 fast / 50 easy with short fins
    26-flat for the fast (98%)

Still sore from Wednesday's drylands, must have really worked hard.

My arm-span is 4" greater than my height, yet when I swim fast it feels more natural to drop DPS at the waist-side and spin the arms more. My question is this OK?