Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Enjoy. You know, they do have pools in the Great White North
    Hmm ... not where I was in the remote wilderness about 1:40 from Montreal. I didn't even step outside for a hike because it was absolutely freezing.
    Chris is great! He’s my “On-line” strength training coach. I wish I could have him as a personal trainer physically in front of me, but his coaching has brought me a long way!! Thanks for the connection!
    He sounds like a real prize! I know I'm going to miss the two coaches (okay, instructors, but we had a lot of one-on-one time) now that my first swim class is ending. Chris Ritter sounds like he goes above and beyond. Here's to more of us being like Chris!
    I am heading to Canada today for a wedding, so will be out of the water for a few days.
    Enjoy. You know, they do have pools in the Great White North
    from the rule book approval for automatic splits starts with a recommendation from the meet host which the referee may approve automatic recording of individual and lead off splits

and if the National Championship meets now have automatic splits for individual events then the rule should be changed to reflect that

Upon a recommendation from the meet host, the meet referee may approve the automatic recording of individual initial splits and relay leadoff splits without the requirement for a written request subject to the following conditions:

C For national championship meets, the meet referee may approve automatic splits with the concurrence of the USMS Championship Committee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Martin
    Alright, very glad to see you returning to competition!

For those of us sprinters who peruse your blog like the I Ching, could you let us know when a sprint is with fins? How do you decide whether or not to use fins, and do you think there is a differential training effect?
    Hmm ... I don't think you need much sprinting advice!

I've been fairly glued to my fins (except for some 25s and kicking) the last two months primarily to de-stress and remove the load from the thoracic area. The dr cut out all the muscle in that area. And it's only the last few practices that I haven't felt really strained after swimming. This is a work in progress as my body re-adjusts.

Mostly, I use fins to work on my dolphin kick/leg conditioning and for the neuro-muscular patterning from overspeed training. When I do my AFAP 25s, I tend to mix fins and non-fin work, sometimes alternating.
    Updated November 6th, 2017 at 04:31 PM by The Fortress
    Alright, very glad to see you returning to competition!

For those of us sprinters who peruse your blog like the I Ching, could you let us know when a sprint is with fins? How do you decide whether or not to use fins, and do you think there is a differential training effect?
    Melissa is a great lanemate
    ! Happy Halloween to you, too! May it be all treats, no dirty tricks!!
    Egad, you sure do DESERVE a nice season!!
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Does sprinting make you tired for the rest of the day? It does me, especially the NB's
    Yes, usually tired. But right now, with my body not used to it, it's like getting hit by a mac truck.
    Does sprinting make you tired for the rest of the day? It does me, especially the NB's
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Oh no! We might not be ale to use the term "garbage yardage" anymore, since it actually has a purpose
    \

Only if you have a vascular problem!