View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Mon Oct 15th, 2012

by , October 15th, 2012 at 10:03 AM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Mon Oct 15th, 2012

Swam Fast Fri, did not blog
    Lifted Sat
    did not swim Sat or Sun

Whitney coached
    SCY UT Swim Center main pool
    5:00 - 6:30 dove around 5:05
    Swam with Mike, Keith, & David
    beside Todd, Larry, Jeff & Gull

Warm up
    assigned 2 rounds of (400, 100)

Main Set

3 x 50 on 32
    50 easy
    3 x 50 on 32
    50 easy

100 IM pretty

3 x 100 on 1:05
    100 easy
    3 x 100 on 1:05
    100 easy

assigned: 200 IM pretty
    did: skipped it to change suits

3 x 200 on 2:15
    200 easy
    3 x 200 on 2:15
    200 easy

300 IM pretty

think it was 100k 50 drill

Next Meet:

Sat Dec 1, 2012 - Sun Dec 2nd

2012 South Central SCM Reg Championships
    DAYS TILL

2013 South Central SCY Zone Championships
    Fri Apr 5 - Sun Apr 7 (Tentative)
    UT Austin, TX
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  2. Boo hoo! Bad 50 free!

by , October 15th, 2012 at 09:58 AM (Chowmi's Blog)
    It is rare I a have a bad swim; here it is:

25.41 SCY

What happenned???!!!!

Actually, it is one of those swims that is going to happen every so many hundred races. I totally slipped on the blocks! It was one of those, oh crap, am I going to clear my back foot off the front of the block???!!!! And then an embarrassing spruce goose smacking landing. Actually, I had a good swim part, even though I lost the entire best 15 yards of the race (off the blocks and first 12.5 yards) and had to basically creep back up from everyone's knees to gut my way to a 4th in the heat. So the bad was that there is no way to recover from that poor a start. But the good is that I didn't hurt myself and I still executed the swim bits pretty good - I didn't panic and I didn't give up. Still kept to the 1/1 breathing and strong finish to eek in competitively with my heat. Overall, i'm still glad I went; I was not in the mood to even go to the meet but went because it has been awhile since I raced.

So, what can I do? Well, nothing really. That was really fluky. I think my timing was ever so slightly off - I think I tried too hard to get off the block with my front foot too soon, and thus left the back one "behind", and that is why it slipped, and why I couldn't salvage the dive with my front leg, because it had taken off too soon. So just a bit more emphasis with making sure the sequence is well-timed.

Next up:
    Not sure. Most likely a local A meet so that I don't have to travel. Not my favorite order of events, and I may end up doing a 100 event - whatever is the most convenient in the order of events. I'd like to keep it short and in/out in 3 hours or less roundtrip.

Alterations to training? Not really. I'll probably continue with what I have been doing and doing very sprinty bits with very modified in between stuff. I don't think I need to do more or less, just to stay as consistent as possible with what I have been doing.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 10.15.12 - Monday workout

by , October 15th, 2012 at 09:16 AM (Pete's swim blog)
    Swam w/ Dave, Dave, Ray, Meredith, Roger, Aundrey, Leah, and another age grouper. Felt fairly good for having played soccer yesterday. My knee is a little tweaked but nothing to complain about really. Back is doing exceptionally well.

SCY

600 Warm up

5 x 300 - 4:30
    * Odds IM
    * Evens Free
    100 Easy

8 x 150 - 2:30 Stroke/Kick/Free
    100 Easy

8 x 75 - 1:15 Sliding IM
    8 x 37.5 - :40 (?) IM Order (Snappy turns)
    100 Easy

5 x 100 Pull - 1:30, Descend (1:12, 1:10, 1:05, 1:03, :59)

250 Cool down

(5250 Total)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Warm Down from meet this weekend

by , October 15th, 2012 at 08:27 AM (Mixing it up this year)
    I'll admit it! After doing only 800 meters of warmup I did not warm up or down before or after any of my events. I did the HOT Shower warmup! So today is my day to actually warm down some. I still think I might need some more but another meet this coming weekend with the kids.

500 broken
    500 free kick w/zoomers every 3rd lap fast
    8x25@1:00 shooters w/zoomers
    200 torque drill w/paddles, bouy & snorkle
    3x200@3:00 free w/paddles & bouy EASY!
    200 free kick w/zoomers
    300 free w/zoomers EZ

Total 2500 yards
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Charging for additional services

by , October 15th, 2012 at 12:00 AM (Questions from Coaches)
    Q: Should I charge the swimmers in my program for additional services such as video filming and clinics?

A: It's very common throughout the country for coaches to charge for video, clinics and other coaching services. Unless your program fees specifically cover these services, members in your program should expect to compensate you for your time and skills. Masters coaching is a profession. If you feel you have the skills and talent to properly analyze swimmers' strokes and technique, then you should be compensated for your services.

Typical fees for videotaping range from $35-50 per stroke per swimmer. Fees for a three hour stroke clinic run from $40-125 with variables such as the ratio of instructors to swimmers, videotaping and instructor credentials.

An underutilized source of revenue for the Masters coach is private swim lessons for adults. Surveys have shown that adults aspire to swim as the number one method of fitness. Yet, 37% can't swim the length of the pool. That's a staggering number of potential students for Masters coaches to market swim lessons to.

Due to fears and anxieties, many adults prefer to learn in a private environment and understand the value of the coach's time. Private lesson fees average $55 for a half-hour and $100 for an hour and can be offered to swimmers of all ability levels.

Consider taking these two courses to enhance your knowledge and marketability:

Updated May 12th, 2017 at 04:46 PM by Bill Brenner

Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Sunday 10142012: Tour de Scottsdale & Recovery Swim

by , October 14th, 2012 at 11:16 PM (aztimm's training blog)
    went up to Scottsdale (way far north Scottsdale) for the Tour de Scottsdale (cycling event) this morning. I had a very early wake-up, but ended up getting there with plenty of time (never know with a drive...)

anyway, here's what I posted on dailymile:

Tour de Scottsdale 68.22 mi 03:11 21.4mph pace

I'm still in shock with my finish. I thought I'd be under 4 hours, secretly thought maybe I could pull off a 3:30, but never in my life did I think I'd go this fast. We had near perfect conditions--about 65F at the start, about 80 when I finished. Evidently I got with a good group, and kept going. For the first ~5 miles, I saw my splits and thought, "well that's the initial rush, things will taper off soon." Only they didn't. The scenery is amazing on the course--the only thing that could have been better is if I had seen the fountain going off when we went through Fountain Hills, but I've heard it smells. Excellent support--cops out blocking traffic at every intersection, and the cars that were there were aware and friendly. Plus an awesome setup at the finish. I'd definitely recommend this, and I'll have to plan to do this again.
    http://app.strava.com/rides/25019927

Official Results:
    Chip time (when I crossed the start to finish): 3:10:43.85
    Clock time (when they setoff the race): 3:12:18.29
    Overall place: 279 (out of 1071 finishers)
    Place among males: 264 (out of 911)
    Age group: 52 (out of 162)

I definitely felt more prepared today than I did when I did el Tour de Mesa back in April. and no flat tires or other equipment malfunctions today

I commented to a few people after, "this was actually something I enjoyed. running a marathon was something I endured and got through."

after going through Fountain Hills, we did venture a little lower into Scottsdale. when I crossed Cactus (over near Frank Lloyd Wright I think) I briefly thought of pwb enjoying a swim in his backyard pool somewhere nearby...little did I know he was down in Tempe doing an o/w swim.

unfortunately, the Tour was marred with news of a cyclist (not a part of the tour) who was the victim of a hit and run. it happened on the tour course, but about 30 min after the last tour rider passed that point:
    http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...fountain-hills

most of the day I just vegged on the couch. I found a, "Bewitched," marathon on tv, and that made some good mindless noise to have on while I was on my laptop and napped

later today I went over to the Chandler 24 Hour Fitness for a recovery swim:

800 w/u, nice and long and stretch out

6 x 100 kick w/fins + board

100 easy

4 x 200 pull w/paddles + buoy

200 w/d

TTL: 2500 yards

then I went in the hot tub for about 5 min to stretch out some more.

there were a few others in the pool when I first got there and I was relegated to the wall lane. but around 500 yards into my w/u, the next lane opened up and I moved right over

I didn't look at the clock the whole time, and left my stopwatch in my bag. didn't want to even be tempted to do anything requiring any remote effort.
    it did feel really good to stretch out though. the pool felt really nice and cool when I first got in. my lower back was bothering me a bit before I went and I was worried I wouldn't be able to do flip turns...but I think doing them actually helped work things out.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts , Cycling
  7. Sunday, Meet Results from Spokane, WA

by , October 14th, 2012 at 10:14 PM (Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!)
    I headed over to Spokane as a passenger today in a carpool with other teammates. Very nice relief, because I was exhausted. We left town @ 5:00am. I went to sleep at a good time for the early wakeup, but around 11:00pm last night the phone rang and I ended up talking with my old college friend about his son's seizure situation that is just now getting started. He was looking for any help/advice that I could give from my experiences. Well, that call was over an hour, and by the time I got back to sleep it was around 12:30am or so.

I felt pretty good with my warmup prior to the meet, getting ready for my IM heavy day today. It felt to be a good day coming, but I've also been dealing with a headcold all week, and still have pressure in my head that kills me underwater, or when my head goes upside down (like in flipturns, or the starting position on the blocks). Still...when it's time to race, you do what you can!

400 IM - 4:40.10
    27.77/32.32 (1:00.09)
    37.91/37.43 (1:15.3)
    41.13/41.37 (1:22.4)
    31.93/30.24 (1:02.1)
    This was a decent race. It was about the same time as I did in a USAS meet at the same period last year. I know I took my fly out very relaxed today, and that my backstroke could use a little more work. Breaststroke felt really short and my pullouts were shallow. Free coming home was decent, but I was just tired overall.

100 IM - 1:01.17
    28.39/32.78
    My fly felt pathetic here, but my backstroke I took about 12 SDKs and was told I popped up just short of the 15 meter mark. I guess the kicking at practice is helping.
    Breaststroke was blah...freestyle coming home = strong!

100 Free leadoff of 400 Free Relay - 54.60 (26.21/28.39)
    Decent speed, at least better than my effort last weekend at BAMFest: 55.23
    My team enjoyed being out to a lead on the relay, but it didn't last long. At least we now compete in the 35+ category, so the don't about it so much anymore.

200 IM - 2:30.75 (100% active cooldown - still was a clear leader in the event)
    30.18/39.56/44.19/36.82
    I wasn't feeling great to be able to give 100% effort in ALL my races today, but I still got up and swam them for my team's points that go toward the season points total.

50 Fly in the 200 Medley Relay - 25.5ish???
    Originally I had no intention of racing fast in this one, but...
    Our team was on the verge of getting lapped by the neighboring lane. Our breaststroker was finishing at virtually the same time as their flyer.
    So it was ME (fly), vs. HIM (free) in an impromptu race for glory. I knew he was a decently fast guy in freestyle, and we were already starting the verbal jabs at each other on the blocks about making this a race. My swimmer ended up touching a 1/2 second or less ahead of them, so I had a slight takeoff lead. On the turn he ended up pulling even with me, and we raced home. I ended up outtouching him by 0.04 seconds, so we weren't officially lapped in the race. It was pure fun, and my teammates said there was a lot of screaming from the crowd during this 'race'.

***200 Fly - 2:10.31
    28.35/32.94 (1:01.29)
    34.59/34.43 (1:09.02)
    This was a decent effort. Originally I wanted to go faster, but it wasn't happening today. I missed the LMSC record by 1.5 seconds, which will be a cakewalk the next time I race it.

***Prior to the heat of the 200 Fly event, our coach (at the meet director's request) made a small announcement about Peony Munger's history with the event, and her over 1000 1650 of fly that she'd done in practices over the past years. She ended up swimming up until about 3 weeks prior to her passing, doing at least 200 yards of fly in the past 3 months every day. Her body was succombing to "cold" in the water more than anything, but she was determined to fight on to the very end. She will be well remembered in our area, and we (as an LMSC) now have plans to OVERLOAD the 200 SCM Fly (as many as capable of completing the race, or attempt to) at the upcoming SCM meet in Sandpoint, ID in her honor. The meet happens to be on the day before her birthday, a day in which we traditionally all swam at least a continuous 400 Fly in her honor. I now have to get my entries changed since I already entered the meet with other events.

200 Free - 2:03.36
    30.16/32.13 (1:02.29)
    31.97/29.10 (1:01.07)
    This wasn't a "loafing swim", but it wasn't a 100% effort either. I knew I was toast at this point of the meet, but I didn't want to look like a wimp for cooling down 2 events in the meet, so I decided to go for a strong negative split race.
    I took it out easy, began accelerating going into the 100 turn a little. Hit the 150 turn and came off with 6 dolphin kicks out the mid-pool, then the 175 turn with 5 dolphin kicks off the wall with a spring to the finish.
    Oh yeah, I don't do those "wimpy SDKs" either. Mine are full blast kicks from the core rather than "toe/ankle flicks" SDKs that I've seen done before. I honestly wasn't even tired doing this type of swim. Had I gone out hard at the beginning it would've been a lot more painful.

Overall, a decent meet. I'm still going to have to rest hardcore this coming week for the NW Zone meet though. I'm tired, I'm sick, I need rest (and clear fluids). I'm also probably only going to be swimming Day 1 of the NW Zone meet as well, and throwing Day 2 under the bus.
  8. Sunday, Oct. 14

by , October 14th, 2012 at 09:10 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Drylands:

rehab ex, 15 min
    total ab machine, 120 x 3 x 15
    pec flys, 55 x 3 x 25
    wrist curls on cable machine, 30 x 3 x 25
    reverse wrist curls, 20 x 2 x 15
    explosive leg press, 190 x 3 x 15
    glute isolator, 50 x 3 x 8, each leg
    good mornings, warm ups, 75 x 1 x 8, 80 x 3 x 8
    cable ball twist, 45 x 2 x 15 each side
    standing power wheel roll outs, 2 x 15
    captains chair leg raises, 2 x 25

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Light weekend, didn't make it to the Mason practice. Started coming down with a cold on Friday night and have been trying to fend it off all weekend.

Lots of fast swimming at Pac Masters Champs and Rowdy Gaines Classic this weekend. Going to check more results!
  9. Great Meet..Lots of Fun and overall good times

by , October 14th, 2012 at 08:19 PM (Mixing it up this year)
    Had a great time this weekend with my swim friends, teammates and son.

Friday was the 1500 free which was my main focus for this meet. Went 22:27.84 which was over 20 seconds faster than last year. My 25 fly was not as good. The swim was good but the start with the fin in back was causing me to go to deep on the start. Had the say issue with the 50 free on sunday but by the 50 fly I just moved the fin all the way back and did my normal track start and lowe and behold I finally got a great start.

The 800 today was 7 seconds slower than my split from the 1500. But both times were enought to break the Georgia state record.

For an event I don't even train right now my 100 and 200 backstrokes were good.

One more meet next weekend.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Meet Results

by , October 14th, 2012 at 06:23 PM (Workout Swimmer)
    Rowdy Gaines Classic - my first SCM meet -- perhaps ever. We swam in the diving well, which was the perfect temperature. Unfortunately, the "warm up" pool was like 75 degrees & I avoided it. That cost me dearly, I'm afraid. Tried to "warm up" in the shower before the 200 after my disastrous 400, and it did help, marginally. Not sure I enjoyed this venue so much.

100 IM 1:25 (3 sec faster than I guessed)
    100 Breast 1:40? what happened?
    400 Free 5:18 (12 sec faster than I guessed)
    200 Free 2:27 (8 sec faster than I guessed)

Most of those "guessed times" were sort of conversion times that I rounded up from last year, so technically I guess that means I've improved? Felt horrible in the water. Went to Universal Studios Saturday afternoon until about 8pm (6 hours) & was so bushed didn't even bother to swim on Sunday. Ah well. Next time.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Sat 10/13/12

Another small crowd this morning. Swam descent but didn't have much energy and felt sloppy through thr following.

500 mix up

6 x 50 kick @ 1:30
    - We were suppose to hold fastest 50 free time + 15.
    After two my lack of kicking really showed up.

8 x 100 on coaches whistle as a group all build.
    1&2 focus only on the catch
    3&4 focus only on no breath from 5yrds in
    5&6 focus only on no breath within flags
    7&8 3 fast strokes off wall before breathing

50 EZ

6 x 100 breast r/10 done as
    Kick, arms only, pull w dolphin kick, swim by 25

100 fr r/10
    100 50fly/50 bk r/10
    100 fr r/10
    100 50bk/50 br r/10
    100 fr r/10
    100 50br/50 fr r/10
    100 fr r/10
    200 IM sprint

50 EZ

8 x 50 @ ?
    -5 were 10 sec max speed
    -3 were 15 sec max speed
    Try to increase distance on each rep

200 w/d plus hot tub

3700 scy

I like workouts that switch things up with kicking, stroke work, ect. Just felt low in the water. I guess I need to get something done around the house between watching MSU/Iowa and the big one down here SC/LSU.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Sat 10/13/12

Another small crowd this morning. Swam descent but didn't have much energy and felt sloppy through thr following.

500 mix up

6 x 50 kick @ 1:30
    - We were suppose to hold fastest 50 free time + 15.
    After two my lack of kicking really showed up.

8 x 100 on coaches whistle as a group all build.
    1&2 focus only on the catch
    3&4 focus only on no breath from 5yrds in
    5&6 focus only on no breath within flags
    7&8 3 fast strokes off wall before breathing

50 EZ

6 x 100 breast r/10 done as
    Kick, arms only, pull w dolphin kick, swim by 25

100 fr r/10
    100 50fly/50 bk r/10
    100 fr r/10
    100 50bk/50 br r/10
    100 fr r/10
    100 50br/50 fr r/10
    100 fr r/10
    200 IM sprint

50 EZ

8 x 50 @ ?
    -5 were 10 sec max speed
    -3 were 15 sec max speed
    Try to increase distance on each rep

200 w/d plus hot tub

3700 scy

I like workouts that switch things up with kicking, stroke work, ect. Just felt low in the water. I guess I need to get something done around the house between watching MSU/Iowa and the big one down here SC/LSU.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. 10.13.12 - Saturday workout

by , October 13th, 2012 at 11:27 AM (Pete's swim blog)
    Swam at HSA w/ Dave, Dave, Dave, Mary, Bob and Bob. Some others filtered in as time went on. Pretty tired today. No speed. Guess I was burn out from yesterday.

SCY

Warm up
    200 Free/300 Breast, drill down/swim back/200 Free
    400 IM Drill

100 Free
    2 x 200 Kick w/ fins
    3 x 300 Pull (Had trouble making 3:30 which is usually pretty easy for me w/ paddles)

400 IM Order down/Free back
    4 x 100 Free - 1:45 (made 1:08-1:10)
    400 Free down/IM Order back
    4 x 100 Free - 1:30 (descended - 1:20, 1:15, 1:08, 1:05)

300 Free - Smooth
    200 Fly - Hard (more of a survive than hard)
    100 Free - fast
    300 Free - Smooth
    200 Back - Hard (I pulled)
    100 Free - fast

I got out here to go coach soccer. Everyone else stayed for one more round of the above doing breaststroke for the 200.

200 Cool down

(5500 Total)
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  14. Sat, Oct 13 - At the Nat

Swam at Huntsville Natatorium with Dave B, Dave M, Peter, and some of the Hsv group. Swam pretty hard and felt pretty good.

200 Kick
    3x300 Free w/paddles
    400 Free (5:30)
    4x100 Freeeon 1:45 (held at 1:15)
    400 Free (5:20)
    4x100 Free on 1:30 (1:15-1:16)
    3x300/200/100 - 1st set went 4:15,2:40, 1:14, 2nd set went 4:15, 2:40, 1:17, 3rd set went 2:45, 200 Back wPaddles - 3:00, Free 1:14
    2x100 Back w/paddles on 1:40
    5x50 Free on 1:00
    5x50 Back on 1:00
    200 Kick

5400 yards
    105 minutes
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. October 13 2012 Sat Morning

got into the pool at 0530. Not many in the pool. Had a lane all to myself. Not until the end of my workout did someone swim in the lane next to me. She was fast and effortless during her warm up. helped me keep pace which is what i needed to finish out the swim.

I feel pretty good after last night's run. my wind is coming back and i felt strong int he water.

w/u
    300 s
    300 k

8 x 200 s / 100 k

c/d

100 s

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  16. Friday, Oct. 12, 2012 7:00-9:00pm

by , October 13th, 2012 at 01:27 AM (Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!)
    Warmup:

400 Free DPS

400 Kick w/ board "social kick"

400 Free Pull

this part here took about 25 minutes...the coach was doing other things with new swimmer tryouts and talking with parents and such. After he noticed (minutes later) we finished each 400 he'd give us the next one. It was a really low key workout, which was nice.

16 x 25 V-Sit Sculling @ 1:30 (went :38-:42s)

"Main Set"...kinda (John said we needed a little aerobic work to be called a workout)

12 x 75 @ 1:15 Desc.
    • 3 Fly (desc. down to :52)
    • 3 Back (to :55)
    • 3 Breast (to :59)
    • 3 Free (to :43)
    • Jared was leading the breast and free portion of this set, and as he was ready to leave on the final free sendoff, I said to him "if you're not under :45 it doesn't count!" Well, it worked...he went :44, and I was :43 coming up behind him.
    15 x 50 @ 1:00
    • 5 worst stroke (did back)
    • 5 best stroke (did fly) :33/:32s
    • 5 free (last one :29)
    100 EZ

---------------------
    3500ish yards

Played a game of capture the flag (or pullbuoy) with the team for the final 15 minutes. It was good times. I was able to get to the flag once...but they had some weird rules in it for getting caught too. Apparently, if their finger happens to graze your toe just a little bit, you're supposedly "caught" and have to stop to get taken to the side. So you have to make a clean break for the flag.

For my game of choice, I much prefer old fashioned SHARKS 'N MINNOWS...battledome style. As long as no one dies, anything goes.

This was a nice recovery/taper workout for me. I was pretty beat up early this week, and took yesterday off. Tonight being light, and tomorrow I won't swim either since I have to work some OT ($$$$$$). I'll then have a masters meet in Spokane on Sunday morning which should be fun. 100, 200, 400 IM, 200 Fly, 200 Free. SHould be a piece of cake.

Updated October 13th, 2012 at 09:11 AM by jaadams1

Categories
    Swim Workouts , Daily Practices
  17. Friday 10122012 AM Swim

by , October 12th, 2012 at 10:30 PM (aztimm's training blog)
    went up to Mesa-Kino for the AM masters swim workout
    we were in the main pool (SCY)
    Paul & Laura coached.

I was the very first one in the water
    ended up sharing a lane with a guy who did Laura's set, until he moved over.

got in 700 w/u, and did quite a variety with some back + breast

the whole main set, mostly nonstop (maybe a min extra after some of the fast efforts):

10 x 50 @ :50, descend 1-5/6-10
    10 x 25 power kick @ :40
    400 for time (5:03, ok...)
    8 x 50 @ :45, descend 1-4/5-8
    8 x 25 power kick @ :40
    600, done as 300 dps, 300 fast
    6 x 50 @ :40, desc 1-3/4-6
    6 x 25 power kick @ :40
    200 fast for time (2:23, again just ok)
    4 x 50 @ :35 (just swam a 200)
    4 x 25 power kick @ :40 (and got caught up)
    100 fast for time (1:08, just ok)

300 w/d

TTL: 4400 yards

I wasn't the first there, but was the first in the water. everyone was standing around chatting, then Paul had some stretch cords that they were using, on deck. I wanted to see if it made a difference if I got in a long warm-up, and it didn't really.

the last round (4 x 50 to the 100 fast) was supposed to be w/fins + paddles. but my right calf and foot were on the verge of cramping, so I decided against using fins. and I also thought, "well so much for taking it easy before Sunday." I doubt I did much damage, and I'll have tomorrow to mostly recover, hopefully. some people did a 50 from the blocks while I warmed down, but I definitely decided against that.

so my bike seems to puzzle everyone. I got a call late in the day from the shop that they had it all ready, but to bring my shoes and take it for a test ride. I just wore a whole kit (bike outfit), and was glad I did. about a mile in, I noticed the clicking sound back--

test spin from/back to Global 3.95 mi 00:13:03 18.2mph pace

Testing out my bike. Unfortunately, pedals still making the clicking noise. They're going to check the cups that hold the bearings, then if that doesn't work order new bearings. Either way, I'll have it back late tomorrow for Sunday's tour. I'm learning more and more about my bike with this. At least the guys at the shop are all really nice.
    http://app.strava.com/activities/24843192

thankfully the bike has a good warranty, so if it needs the bearings I won't have to pay. and either way, I'll pick up the bike tomorrow so I have it for Sunday (I joked with the mechanic, "I'm definitely not riding the Tour with my Tricross." (my other bike, which weighs twice as much) )
    and again either way, I'll take the bike out for at least a 30 min spin to stretch my legs and adjust to whatever they do to it.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts , Cycling
  18. Friday 10/12/12

Friday 10/12

PM only SCY

"Friday Fly Day"

500 swim 4/6/2 turns
    10x100 FR
    1 @ 1:45 3R/3 Full/3L/3 Full strokes
    1 @ 1:20 D1-5 w/ FAST turns

8x150 @ 2:10 100 pull w/ kickboard between legs/50 FAST FR kick w/ board

1x (was supposed to be 2x but I had a recruiting dinner to get to so I only had time for one round)
    8x25 @ :40 FAST FL kick under H2O
    4x75 @ 1:15 25 drill/50 DPS FL
    6x25 @ :35 FAST FL kick under H2O
    8x75
    1 @ :55 aerobic FR
    1 @ 1:10 FAST FL (held :46 - :47)

150 EZ

Total: 4100
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  19. maybe im crazy.

by , October 12th, 2012 at 08:54 PM (Colleen Conway's blog)
    But I want to go 52 in the 100 fly. My best time in highschool as a junior was a 1.00.14. Obviously I dont think that is the best I can do. I wasn't training right, actually I was training a lot of distance, wasnt eating properly and didn't have all the advantages of being an adult. So we'll see how close we are next weekend at my next meet on October 20th. I'm hoping I go a .58 next weekend but I do understand that may be a bit ambitious.... Today in practice I did repetitive 25s on 14 in practice and then three 13s, which until today I thought was impossible. I think throughtout my practice I did like 12 25's, besides the pulling 200s in between. I am still sore from yesterdays 10x 75s sprint, 11x 50s fly and 12x 25s fly with 3 25s off the block. My next goal is to maintain .13s fly and hit 12!!!!!!! I can do it!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  20. Friday, Oct 12 - Almost Back to Where I Was

Had a big group today with a couple high school/college kids. Swam with Ray, Megan, Danny, Roger, Peter, Dave M, Dave B, and Meredith. Felt a lot better today and held my strength pretty good throughout.

4x50 on :50
    4x50 Sprint w/ :17 seconds rest
    100 Back
    4x200 on 3:00 (2:35 - 2:38)
    50 Back
    4x100 on 1:30 (1:15's)
    50 Back
    4x50 on :50 (:35-:37)
    1650 (I broke it down to 200's - cause I was catching the swimmer in front - took about a 5 sec rest each 200 - paced about a 1:30)
    4x25
    10x100 Back w/paddles on 1:40
    100 Kick
    50 Fly
    4x100 Free w/paddles on 1:40

5300 yards
    100 minutes
    Categories
    Uncategorized