View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. 12|15|18 LCM

by , December 16th, 2018 at 04:58 PM (Blog)
    4 x
    100 free
    200 IM kick

Right shoulder about 70% way to full recovery and whatever was damaged appears surgically fixed. Hand still aches and tingling -probably axial nerve pressure which may improve with regain in strength.

Left shoulder I plan on addressing early next year. MR with contrast report highlights: “circumferential tear of labrum with displaced fragments into axillary recess along inferior and posterior inferior labrum”, “biceps anchor and superior labrum are nearly completely denuded”, “glenoid thickening”, and “Hill-Sachs impaction fracture” among others. For this reason I am looking forward to having this worked and hopefully fixed once for all. To think I’ve been swimming with this train wreck in my arm since the day I learned proper swimming just over 10 years ago. This recent 2 month break from swimming and jumping back in yesterday (like a reset) I was able feel the limitation I have with this arm that I learned to ignore out of necessity during years of stroke development and thereafter. If this will be a successful outcome, I reckon I will have to redevelop stroke by scratch. But nevertheless, whatever outcome it likely couldn’t be worse and expect improvement.
    Categories
    Uncategorized