Blog Comments

If you're looking for a meet in July, let me suggest three options
    1. We're going to have our AZ LCM Champs in Tucson the July 22nd/23rd weekend. If you want to fly into/out of PHX, I could be your personal Uber. I'm not sure if I'll be racing fast, but this is going to be the first meet I intend to swim.
    2. On the July 14th to 16th weekend, you could choose either
      • the USA Masters Games in SoCal (great pool, USMS sanctioned, Meet Director is the same as the 'Long Beach' SCM December meet)
      • Pac Masters champs in San Jose - I haven't swum in the pool, but there's always good competition and I imagine it is a good pool. Plus, this will be your coolest temperature option, likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Congrats on 23! My wife and I are just a few months behind you. 1994 was a great year for getting married
    Thanks Patrick and the same to you guys.

You and I have a lot in common; we are both good looking, both have terrific shoulders and we both love the 50s.....seriously though, it's funny how much we do have in common. I hope your anniversary is as much fun as mine. We had a wonderful day to go with the wonderful life todate.
    Thanks for coming out to our meet! We couldn't get people in the area to come. We still had a decent turnout and everyone had a good time who came.
    Congrats on 23! My wife and I are just a few months behind you. 1994 was a great year for getting married
    I see why you're tired!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    small steps but progress feels good.

If your up to it I maybe in Phoenix at the end of May or early June and would love to swim with you if your in town.
    Stewart, Absolutely let me know when you'll be in town. I'm really slow and short on volume these days, but am getting better as each week progresses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Glad you're back after it Stewart. Enjoy the ride to Budapest.
    Budapest looks like a great city and I am really looking forward to the train ride across Europe, since we fly into London. Going through the Alps by train in particular should be awesome.
    Good to see your progress progessing!
    small steps but progress feels good.

If your up to it I maybe in Phoenix at the end of May or early June and would love to swim with you if your in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    That's great news, Stewart. Glad to see you're taking a gradual approach to your big comeback.
    thanks Kari. Hopefully I will see you at a local meet this summer.
    Glad you're back after it Stewart. Enjoy the ride to Budapest.
    Good to see your progress progessing!
    That's great news, Stewart. Glad to see you're taking a gradual approach to your big comeback.
    No, no, no - 100 and 200 should be your complete and utter focus, Stewart, this summer and forever more

Glad to see you on the road back to dominance!
    thanks Patrick. I mayb in your neck of the woods in may for a few days and will text when/if my plans firm up. I am glad your recovery is going well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Great to see this. My only advice is that you should DEFINITELY focus on the 400 and longer events. DEFINITELY. WITHOUT A DOUBT! and anything backstroke of course
    maybe the 400 and the breast events?

Obviously I am kidding; my breast is atrocious.
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    So good to "hear" from you again Stewart! Glad to hear the elbow has cleared up. I wonder if the opposite shoulder issues may be from compensating a bit as you've recovered? And even better yet, it's great to hear you're having fun again!
    Kari
    thanks so much. The doctor thinks it's just that and I a man on anti inflammatory pills again. I think I have a slight rotator cuff tear. Fingers crossed I can get through the long course season and then take care of it. I am not stressing about it and if I need to rest I can do that.

It is great to be enjoying swimming again.
    Welcome back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Great to see this. My only advice is that you should DEFINITELY focus on the 400 and longer events. DEFINITELY. WITHOUT A DOUBT! and anything backstroke of course
    No, no, no - 100 and 200 should be your complete and utter focus, Stewart, this summer and forever more

Glad to see you on the road back to dominance!
    So good to "hear" from you again Stewart! Glad to hear the elbow has cleared up. I wonder if the opposite shoulder issues may be from compensating a bit as you've recovered? And even better yet, it's great to hear you're having fun again!
    Kari
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    How is your rehab going? Shoulder better?
    I am back in the water on a limited schedule, but progressing well. I'm taking it slowly with no plans to even consider competing before the fall.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast