View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Sarasota Y Sharks Masters GOLD Workout 3/6/18

by , March 5th, 2018 at 01:43 PM (Sarasota Y Sharks Masters GOLD Workout)
    SCY

Warm up
    4 x 100 1:45
    6 x 25 :40 choice
    4 x 100 1:30
    6 x 25 :30 strong

Kick set
    6 x 50 1:10
    6 x 25 :40 fast

Stroke set
    3x
    2 x 25 :40 perfect stroke
    1 x 100 2:00 IM
    [25s: RD1 fly, RD2 back, RD3 brst]
    [Desc IMs by round 1-3]

Sprint set
    2x
    3 x 25 :20
    4 x 25 :25
    5 x 25 :30
    [All swims choice]

Free/pull set
    3 x 200 3:00 long & strong
    3 x 100 1:30 desc 1-3
    3 x 50 :50 mod
    3 x 100 1:20 desc 1-3
    3 x 200 2:40 neg split

Warm down
    4 x 50 1:00

Total: 4750
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Albatross Meet

by , March 5th, 2018 at 10:46 AM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    It's been a long blogging hiatus. I hit another detour in my comeback in late December and January (vacation and post vacation flu-ish thing) that kept me out of the water for quite awhile. But I've been training pretty regularly since mid-January. In the pool that is; I've not been moved to return to the gym because of a wee treadmill addiction. Anyhoo, I took myself off to the Albatross meet with about 6 weeks training under my belt and a mini taper. After a 1.5 year racing hiatus, I had major racing rust and of course was way off my PRs.

50 back SCM, 32.1

I had an uncharacteristically mediocre start, which lacked explosiveness. I had a good first length and decent turn. I was a little deep on my underwater on the second length. The main issue though was that I couldn't really feel my arms/they didn't want to move the last 10 yards. I had a major glide at the end because I just couldn't summon the energy to take another stroke. That cost me going a 31. Still, I am content with a 32 after the VTOS debacle and given my still closed veins. That time would have been #1 in the world last year in my age group.

50 free SCM, 29.5

I had a pretty good start (feet not together tho) and first length. I botched the turn a bit with a half stroke and extra breath. I tried the Lochte turn off the wall. It went decently, but again I was a little too deep. Then I just staggered to the wall again with arm fatigue. Since all the youngsters scratched, I ended up winning the Fastest Woman on the Water award.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew, it was good to survive my first meet back. I think it being SCM not SCY added a degree of difficulty for me. Aside from some limitations from the VTOS, I think my main problem in the pool right now is that I lack strength. I had a ton of muscle removed from my chest of course. But I'm also not getting as much DPK as before. So off to the gym I go! I plan to start in small 30 minute chunks.

Updated March 5th, 2018 at 01:43 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Masters Swim Meets / Events