Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Do you think there’s any benefit to 5 min static glycolysis between all outs, like on the buffering system?
    I think when you don't swim out and just stand around it forces you to use different energy systems sooner. In layman's terms, the the absolutely dogsh*t feeling I have on my 5th rep of 6x100 @ 5:00 starts at like #2 or 3 if I am skipping some sort of recovery in between. Which I guess teaches me to push through the pain sooner? But usually when I do dive sets, or lactate sets, I want to be at the top of my game as much as I can be every time I step up on the blocks.

I have another set that is similar that I KNOW has a "no warm down" component. May try it out in a week or two. I will post the results here, unless I die attempting it!
    Updated February 24th, 2020 at 10:08 PM by Calvin S
    Do you think there’s any benefit to 5 min static glycolysis between all outs, like on the buffering system?
    Got it. thanks for the explanation. Appreciate the blog updates as they provide me with new ideas when I'm forced to swim solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSad
    Hi Calvin, Just curious as to what ("Zane Grothe" style) refers to. Is is stroke related, pacing... thanks
    Dan,

I once read about a set he did. 20x150 @ 2:00 no kick outs. To work, I am assuming, on turnover and emphasizing strokes over kicking off the walls. The set is here:

https://swimswam.com/upping-the-inza...etting-faster/

Anyways, my "occasional" training partner Trip Strauss has really bad walls (I know Trip will read this and he knows I am being truthful but also don't mean anything by it!). I have really good walls (or I like to think they are pretty good), and this puts Trip at a decided disadvantage any time we race. So every so often I will promise to race him "Zane Grothe" style, taken from the set linked above, to try and level the playing field (which it actually does...sometimes).
    Hi Calvin, Just curious as to what ("Zane Grothe" style) refers to. Is is stroke related, pacing... thanks
    Wow. Very cool trip and o/w swims - thanks for describing the swims and posting the pics.