Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Nice meet.
    Do you think the 500 was your best swim of the meet?
    If so, do you think there was a little extra taper being on the last day?
    Thanks for posting. It is fun to read about your training and how it went at the meet.
    500 definitely felt the best of the meet. I felt like I could have done another 2-300 yards at that pace, which tells me I am just about 1000 ready, but not quite 1650 ready. I was happy with the time (would have been disappointed if I wasn't under 5:00), but the swim felt faster and better than was reflected in the time. I think the big reason it felt so great was I was just energized for that race. I knew it could be good after how the opening 500 of the 1650 felt. Having double the layover this time (~26 hours between the 200 FL and the 500 FR, as opposed to ~12 hours between 1650 and 200 FL) and getting a good night's sleep really helped as well. I also reshaved Sunday morning, because why not? I wouldn't be surprised if I was more tapered by the time the 500 rolled around just because I didn't taper very long or very much for this meet, and I also did not follow my usual taper schedule. I was telling Trip today that my taper this time around was very chaotic and disjointed. I will definitely taper longer and keep it more structured in April!

Glad you enjoy reading. Sometimes I wonder to what end I post it all. It does make for easier workout surfing than flipping through my pages of notebooks!!
    Nice meet.
    Do you think the 500 was your best swim of the meet?
    If so, do you think there was a little extra taper being on the last day?
    Thanks for posting. It is fun to read about your training and how it went at the meet.
    Welcome back Celestial. I wish I could focus more on distance...3000 yds per workout is typical for me, so I will slowly increase yardage
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    Good meet, sir!
    Thanks!
    Good meet, sir!
    Good luck in your meet!
    We expect details here of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    Sometimes I wish I would have hung on to my LZR bodysuit. Though, it did end up with a pretty massive hole in the knee...
    Yeah I have a size M26 and M24 B70. I got a free replacement for my original that ripped, and they sent me a second by mistake. At 2010 Nats when I tried to return it, the vendor was like, “they aren’t street legal anymore. Just keep it.”

Nice to have a way to “feel” fast on demand
    Sometimes I wish I would have hung on to my LZR bodysuit. Though, it did end up with a pretty massive hole in the knee...
    Oooh, tapered mile... brave!
    These are great workouts, thank you!
    Local 3-day meet Nov. 16-18. We’ll see how it goes
    Lookin' strong.
    Taper meet any time soon?
    the ruling on the field is under review.
    when I touched the wall you said 1.33.3. however these splits add up to 132.3 which is what I was hoping to go. when I touched and looked at the clock I saw the digit turn to 1.33 so I suspected you may have short changed me.
    are you intentionally trying to make me think I'm slowing down so you can continue to dominate when in fact I'm breaking out to the upside and headed toward lifetime best times?
    hmm
    not enough speed for the 100 and not enough grit for the 500.

is there a 300?

love,

your 60-year old training partner