View RSS Feed

born2fly

June 8th workout

Rate this Entry
Little tired from 6 mile run the night before but grinded out the practice. Swam from 5-630am with the age group national team. (25yd pool)

Warmup-
200 swim
200 kick
200 drill/swim by 25's

Main Sets (I picked the distance practice)

6x200's @ 2:45 decend 1-3 & 4-6, held 2:10, 2:06, 2:02

15x100 @ 1:20 decend by 3, held 1:04, 1:00, 58 for all 5 rounds

11x150's @ 2:05 hold steady pace, held 1:32 to 1:35 range

Warmdown- 400 pull
5,350 yards

I've been getting into the distance stuff since after nationals. Think I will be focusing more on middle distance and distance. Also started running 6 miles every other day. Weight at nationals was 184, after todays practice 177. Need to drop a little more poundage, would like to be at 165-170 range.

First long course meet coming up this weekend. Have not swam long course meet in a few years and do not train in long course pool. Plan on swimming the 800free,100fly,200fly,100free and the 50 fly. Meet is in Lousiville about 2hrs from me so figured I would get my monies worth.

Submit "June 8th workout" to Digg Submit "June 8th workout" to del.icio.us Submit "June 8th workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "June 8th workout" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Greg,
    I get to swim long course about once a week. Twice if I am lucky.

I haven't swam in a long course race in 10 years. My first event, 200 back. That should be fun way to get back into long course racing.

Do you need a counter for the 800?

John
    John,
    Once a week is better than none a week 200 back will definitely get ya back in the long course racing groove.

I will need a counter,its just me going. I had emailed the meet director because I wanted to make sure I had a little rest before the 100fly. Was trying to figure out if they were going slowest to fastest or the reverse. They are going slowest to fastest. So I am going to enter a NT for that event and hopefully in first heat. Hate doing that but really my only choice.

See ya Saturday!
    Looking forward to meeting ya. I usually have something on at meets that says "american swimming and diving"