View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wednesday, Jan. 14

Rate this Entry
Drove to the pool, got in my suit and POWER OUTAGE. pool closed. Argh! Hopped in car and drove to hot shallow SCM gym pool. Had to cut my warm up short and forego my mermaid set for lack of time. Adapted one of Tall Paul's recent sets.

Warm up:

700 variety swim, kick, drill

Modified Tall Paul set:

8 x 100 @ 2:10
4 back, 4 backstroke kick
descend 1-4 & 5-8 to fast
50 easy

4 x 75 IM @ 20-30 RI, descend pace
(stopped doing these as there is no pace clock on one end and it irritated me)
put on fins

8 x 50 @ 1:00
4 backstroke, 4 backstroke kick
descend 1-4 & 5-8 to AFAP (went :28s on # 4,8)
50 EZ

8 x 25 fly (no interval), alternate fast/EZ
50 EZ

100 C/D

Total: 2650 meters

Thinking of taking my FS Pro out of the mothballs for my two events this weekend. I've only worn it at Austin.

Think I'm going to scratch the 100 back on Sunday because there's not enough rest before my secret event. 30 minutes is just not enough for me. Although Wolfy just PM'd me noting that, because all events are positive check in and deck seeded, I might be able to enter a slower time, i.e., you know what. Horrors!

Submit "Wednesday, Jan. 14" to Digg Submit "Wednesday, Jan. 14" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday, Jan. 14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday, Jan. 14" to Google

Updated January 14th, 2009 at 06:43 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well, at least you weren't 2 minutes into your workout before the power went out.
    And better yet, at least you have another pool to go to!

Wonder what that secret race is? Don't answer.
    Just make sure it's official.
    It's not a time trial that's for sure! Not the 50 fly either.
    I'm stumped. It's probably a 50.
    And if it's not fly...it's probably...breaststroke.
    hehehe.

It is true that I have never swum a breaststroke event in yards except for the 25 breast at the Sprint Classic every year.
    HA HA! I know your secret Wish you were swimming at MLK this weekend!
    Thanks for not ratting me out! lol I wish I were swimming with Jeff and Paul too ...
    I wish I were swimming period! But maybe not in the warm ups with 1100 kids mostly between ages 13-20. Insane! Can't wait to watch that!
    I wish you were too! But you are an awesome cheerleader. You are right about warm ups though. That's my least favorite part of USS meets. The kids do almost a whole workout for warm up and never stop and it's very crowded. I'm almost tempted to warm up at the Regency and then drive out.

That picture of you and Jeff on your avatar always cracks me up.
    LOL! Warming up at Regency is probably a good idea if you want to do more than just float back and forth! I was just about to change my picture!
    Put up a good one with dimples!

I might do that on Sunday. Saturday I'm swimming a later event, so I could just warm up in the warm down pool. Although that will probably be a zoo too ... Hmm ...