View RSS Feed

JenBrehob

Slower practice but I've made it to two Thursdays!

Rate this Entry
Today Bo came to practice and I made my 2nd Thursday practice!

I got up 15 min. earlier and I was still short 300 yards on the practice at the end because even though I was on time, the other swimmers were early!

I must remember: eat more earlier in the day so that if I have a night when I don't get dinner time I won't be so drained.

Do not take iron supplement before bed because then barfy feeling in pool in a.m.

Do take fish oil and e and c before practice.

Do bring food for ride home.

Today I was not fast but I knew I have such a big 3 days here starting now that I couldn't drain myself on the swim.

Next: register for Baystate Games for the Sunday swims, July 11th!

I believe it's 200 IM 100 Free 200 Back 200 Breast on that day. I will get some times for LCM!

Woohooo! Swimma Jen's racing career is evolving!

Submit "Slower practice but I've made it to two Thursdays!" to Digg Submit "Slower practice but I've made it to two Thursdays!" to del.icio.us Submit "Slower practice but I've made it to two Thursdays!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Slower practice but I've made it to two Thursdays!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

If I may offer some unsolicited advice: If you start training core 4-6x a week (at least one rest day). You'll find that you can eat closer to practice as your core will not have to work as hard to maintain balance and stability while swimming.