View RSS Feed

bzaks1424

A fun and quick little story:

Rate this Entry
So last weekend I swam at the Badger State Games in Appleton Wisconsin. It was my first LCM Meet where I did sprints. You all have seen the times from my previous post Where the @#*& is the @#$8#@$* Wall?!?! So we all know - they weren't really that good.

So because there was no one else in my age group for any race except the 50 free and my relay won, I was able to achieve 3 gold medals and 1 silver medal for the meet.

So the other day I get an email saying "results are up from the badger state games!"

Naturally - I'm excited so I check the link: Results and even as of 9:20 AM on July 2nd, they most certainly are not!

However I was playing around the website and I see this:
Did you win a medal at The Badger State Winter or Summer Games?
If so, you may qualify for the State Games Of America!

In order to qualify for the State Games of America, participants must have won a gold, silver or bronze medal in a SGA sport in their local State Games in a qualifying year (2009 or 2010 Summer, 2010 or 2011 Winter). The State Games of America will take place in San Diego, August , 2011. For a complete listing of sports and more information visit www.stategames.org.
So following a few links I found this:
California State Games/State Games of America

So August 5th-7th in 2011, I guess I'll be swimming in San Diego! Hopefully by then I'll be a much better swimmer - maybe I'll even be able to give [ame="http://forums.usms.org/member.php?u=18385"]U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums[/ame] a run for her money in the breast stroke!

Does anyone know anywhere in Illinois where I can consistently train in LCM?

Submit "A fun and quick little story:" to Digg Submit "A fun and quick little story:" to del.icio.us Submit "A fun and quick little story:" to StumbleUpon Submit "A fun and quick little story:" to Google

Comments

Cool. San Diego kicks Appleton's butt any day of the week.

I swam the Badger State Games back in 1993 in Madison. Until this summer, it was the only time I had swum an 800 LCM. Wisconsin rocks in the summertime.

Check out Evanston Masters (http://www.evmasters.org/) as I believe they swim long course in the mornings in the summer in Wilmette. Not sure if that's too far a trek for you?

Do you do open water? There will be a great race in Madison in August.
    Congratulations on your wins and have fun in San Diego! I hear it's classy!