View RSS Feed

born2fly

7/9/10 in memory of Andrew

Rate this Entry
I have been practicing just have not had the time to post it up. This afternoon I swam on my own. Kinda a difficult day today. My teammate,lanemate and friend was killed a year ago in car accident on way home from a summer swim meet. Andrew was just 17, on the National team, a honor student, active in volunteering in community and was just a great young man. His junior year he had times of 21.x, 46.x and 1:41.x in the freestyle. He always looked so effortless when he swam. We were lanemates and he would always harass me when I would have to leave practice early to go take my kids to their activities. He would call me the ole guy. Anyways, Andrews favorite event was the 200free so this practice was for him. He would have been 18 and a senior this year so this one is for you buddy.

25yard pool
Warmup
500 whatever
10x50 @ 50 drill/swim

Main Set in memory of Andrew
6x200 free @ 2:20
minute rest
6x200 free @ 2:15
minute rest
6x200 free @ 2:10

Warmdown
400 free with snorkle

5,000 yards

Submit "7/9/10 in memory of Andrew" to Digg Submit "7/9/10 in memory of Andrew" to del.icio.us Submit "7/9/10 in memory of Andrew" to StumbleUpon Submit "7/9/10 in memory of Andrew" to Google

Updated July 9th, 2010 at 05:07 PM by born2fly

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Did you make all six on the 2:10? Darn impressive if so! Nice work and nice tribute.
    yes I did, held 2:04's on that last round. Figured since Andrew would have been 18, that 18 200's was a good idea. Of course, he was also the pool clown and would love a set of 20x25's dolphin dive.
    I remember you posting about Andrew's accident last year
    What a neat tribute to an outstanding young man! I bet he was smiling down from above wishing he was swimming the 200's with you!