russian twist w/25 lb plate, 2 x 25
windshield wipers, 2 x 15
dead bugs on bosu, 2 x 25
flutter kicks on bosu, 2 x 50
squat pulls on bosu, 35 x 2 x 15
back extensions w/10 lb plate, 4 x 15
goblet squats, 55 x 2 x 15
skull crushers, 40 x 2 x 15
kneeling ab crunches, 1 x 25 (couldn't tell weight really; forgot 2nd set)
pole vaulters w/bar, 2 x 25
twisting med ball slams, 2 x 15
leg press, 330 x 2 x 10

ball on wall, 2 x 50
arm circles, 2 x 50, each direction
seated straight arm dips, 60 x 2 x 26
3 position arm extensions, 15 each
prone scapular scrunches, 1 x 25

Ellipse:

30 minutes on ellipse, watching first half of Uru v. Germ game

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

Trying to ease back into drylands. I've definitely lost a bit of strength and fitness from the long taper + 2 week viral malaise break + almost another 2 week vaca break. I'm still feeling unmotivated -- probably b/c I don't have a taper meet in sight. Hopefully, switching to TRX will produce some motivation with my predilection for "shiny new things."

I really wanted to go to hot yoga today after standing in the rain for hours at a summer league meet this am. But the only post noon class was at 4:00. No can do, as I'm headed out to a 6:30 dinner reservation with the fam. I asked the kids to be "agreeable" today for my birthday. So far, my request has been honored.

I uploaded 4 random pictures of Copenhagen, a fabulous city, and 1 from the beach in Warnemunde, Germany. Naturally, the family beach had topless women. The two 9 year olds on the trip were gawking. lol
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020352.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	6418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020355.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	204.7 KB 
ID:	6419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020366.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	6420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020399.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	209.5 KB 
ID:	6421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020426.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	6422  

Submit "Saturday, July 10" to Digg Submit "Saturday, July 10" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday, July 10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday, July 10" to Google

Updated July 10th, 2010 at 04:56 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Ellipse Machine

Comments

Happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful dinner!
    Happy birthday, I hope the restaurant has a nice Chard for you. I will drink some Pinot in remote celebration

I am glad the husbands didn't get caught gawking like the kids. Topless is much better than "Did you see what just swung by? I wish I hadn't."
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    Happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful dinner!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Happy birthday, I hope the restaurant has a nice Chard for you. I will drink some Pinot in remote celebration

I am glad the husbands didn't get caught gawking like the kids. Topless is much better than "Did you see what just swung by? I wish I hadn't."
    It does!

The husbands were running 13 or so miles through the German woods whilst I took the kids for a swim in the chilly Baltic. Oddly, the older 60+ women were topless and the younger women had bikini tops. We did see a male jogger running naked through the streets of Copenhagen. No one (except tourists) even cast a glance.
    Happy Birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by KEWebb18
    Happy Birthday!
    Thanks Katie. It was a good one and, except for swimming, I will stick with this age for many years.