View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sunday, July 11

Rate this Entry
Swim/SCY/Solo:

I stole this workout from Tall Paul's workout thread from a couple days ago. He called it the "heathen" workout, a denomination which admittedly attracted me to it, though I have no idea why it was given this label.

Warm up:

700 various

Pull Set:

6 x 150 w/paddles @ 2:15

Main Set:

4 x 100 kick, no fins, descend @ 2:00
4 x 50 fly drill @ 1:00 (did glide + caterpillar drills)
4 x 75 kick w/MF, descend @ 1:15
4 x 50 back @ 1:00 (did glide + roll back drills)
4 x 50 kick, no fins, descend @ 1:00
4 x 50 breast pull, used buoy @ 1:00
4 x 25 shooters w/MF, descend @ :40
4 x 50 free drill @ 1:00 (did underwater recovery & good swimmer drill)

50 EZ

Total: 3450

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

For some reason, this workout left me ridiculously tired. The middle of my back was also slightly sore from yesterday's workouts. That's quite strange as usually it's my lats and delts that are sore. Wonder what I did? In any event, I was very happy to come home, sprawl on the couch and do nothing except watch soccer.

I've attached a few pictures from Tallinn Estonia. Tallinn is a perfectly preserved medieval city that is a "living museum." Lil Fort is sitting in the 14th century Controvento restaurant on one of the most charming and romantic streets I've ever seen.

Summer Salads:

http://www.active.com/women/Articles...tm_medium=feed
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020539.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	201.2 KB 
ID:	6423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020567.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	201.2 KB 
ID:	6424   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020578.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	6425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020597.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	6426  

Submit "Sunday, July 11" to Digg Submit "Sunday, July 11" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, July 11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, July 11" to Google

Updated July 11th, 2010 at 09:30 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

All of the Sunday workouts at Kino are called, "Heathen," workouts. Paul and Laura usually swim them, and Laurel Hill coaches them. She's big on kicking.

I think using the term heathen started because they had workout on Christmas, Easter, or another holiday, and it stuck. In the newsletters, they always call Sunday workouts the Heathen Workout.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    All of the Sunday workouts at Kino are called, "Heathen," workouts. Paul and Laura usually swim them, and Laurel Hill coaches them. She's big on kicking.

I think using the term heathen started because they had workout on Christmas, Easter, or another holiday, and it stuck. In the newsletters, they always call Sunday workouts the Heathen Workout.
    Ah, I see. Well, that certainly explains it. And I'm glad I kept with tradition and did it on a Sunday.
    I think the "heathen" term comes from the fact that Mesa has a large Mormon population and they're not supposed to be working out or doing much but praying on Sundays.

-- The Heathen Atheist
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I think the "heathen" term comes from the fact that Mesa has a large Mormon population and they're not supposed to be working out or doing much but praying on Sundays.

-- The Heathen Atheist
    Makes sense. I think there are many more of your ilk in the NE.
    Your pictures make me itching to travel abroad!
    I love those old unique villages. Its fun to walk around, shop, and drink wine!
    I may start saving for next summer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Your pictures make me itching to travel abroad!
    I love those old unique villages. Its fun to walk around, shop, and drink wine!
    I may start saving for next summer!
    Now that you're an empty nester, no reason to stay home! I love to travel, but it's more difficult to arrange and get away with kids. We missed quite a bit of the summer league season to pull this one off. But it was worth it!
    You pictures need captions.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    You pictures need captions.
    Picky, picky.

The first pic is Nevsky Cathedral. It was almost torn down after Estonia gained independence from Russia. It's a Lutheran church now.

The others are random street shots of Tallinn. Gillian is in Controvento restaurant on St. Catherines Blvd.
    Thanks for sharing the pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by Medicine Woman
    Thanks for sharing the pics!
    Thanks! I didn't take as many as you guys, but tried my best. The rest of them are on FB.