View RSS Feed

bzaks1424

The "Prettiest Waitress @ Denny's"

Rate this Entry
Last night was the inaugural Wednesday practice for the Libertyville Masters! It was a relatively empty pool, but it was honestly a GREAT practice for me! I couldn't make Tuesday night's practice due to other (wasted) obligations so I was excited to not have to wait until Thursday night's practice.

Yesterday I worked a little later than I expected to. So by the time I got home at 5:30, I realized that if I ate and then went to the gym and lifted as usual I would have less than an hour of recovery before swim practice. Now - I'm not REALLY that concerned about being slow at practice. I've been that for months now. I am however concerned with feeling like crap during practice because my muscles couldn't recover before another assault on them.

That was probably the best choice I could've made last night!

So I ate supper at 5:30ish, played drums for about an hour, and then started packing BECAUSE I GET TO MOVE INTO MY OWN PLACE! and left for practice around 7:45ish. So getting to practice - I was already hungry, I forgot a water bottle, and I was really tired. Even with all of those factors - I must've still brought my swimming "A" game.

I was the "fastest of the slow lanes" (hence the title) last night! It was a pretty big difference too! I was getting back on average 5-7 seconds faster per lap than anyone else. So when we did a 12x100 set, I was getting back between 10 and 15 seconds faster than anyone else in the "slow lanes".

It was a pretty cool feeling! I've definitely been getting faster - but I was coming in on 1:35/1:40 at the end of that 12x100 set! I think comparatively at the beginning of summer I was coming in on 1:50/2:00 for my 100s..... wait a minute.... This is really just hitting me like a ton of bricks (you're getting the raw data from the brain to the fingers here). We just switched from SCM to SCY. <Sigh>

Alright - well it doesn't change the fact that I'm still the prettiest waitress at my own Denny's. Hopefully tonight will give me more opportunities to really rock it out in the pool. Since I'll be apartment hunting - I don't know if I'll get a good chance to do my lift tonight (again :-/). Its okay though - as long as I can get my swim in the night is not a total loss.

Up next - my excitement for the SCY Season increases as some of the first meets are being put on the board!

Submit "The "Prettiest Waitress @ Denny's"" to Digg Submit "The "Prettiest Waitress @ Denny's"" to del.icio.us Submit "The "Prettiest Waitress @ Denny's"" to StumbleUpon Submit "The "Prettiest Waitress @ Denny's"" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. Bobinator's Avatar
    Are you a male or female waitress? No judgement, just checking.
  2. bzaks1424's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Are you a male or female waitress? No judgement, just checking.
    Well - I usually wait until I have a close relationship with the people I'm talking to before revealing all of the dirty details. But you can take your guess.

  3. ViveBene's Avatar
    Are you 'bandoning that sweet pup, Sophie? She's the best thing that ever happened to you!
    Oh, to be young and imagine that 10 days is plenty of time to find a place to live!
    Holding your pace at the end of 12 x 100, or 20 x 100, is no small feat. But with sweet Sophie waiting for you, you could do anything! Including OW - lots of it!
  4. bzaks1424's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ViveBene
    Are you 'bandoning that sweet pup, Sophie? She's the best thing that ever happened to you!
    Oh, to be young and imagine that 10 days is plenty of time to find a place to live!
    Holding your pace at the end of 12 x 100, or 20 x 100, is no small feat. But with sweet Sophie waiting for you, you could do anything! Including OW - lots of it!
    I just signed on a place in Libertyville! I'm moving in Sept 1st.

    By the way - I'm swimming in Lake Michigan tomorrow (Saturday) morning @ 7:30. I'll be in my Swim Across America cap if you want to meet me.
  5. ViveBene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bzaks1424
    I just signed on a place in Libertyville! I'm moving in Sept 1st.

    By the way - I'm swimming in Lake Michigan tomorrow (Saturday) morning @ 7:30. I'll be in my Swim Across America cap if you want to meet me.
    Congrats on getting your own place! It's lovely sans roommates.
    Er, any particular spot in Lake Michigan?

    Glad you're enjoying our lovely waters!
  6. bzaks1424's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ViveBene
    Congrats on getting your own place! It's lovely sans roommates.
    Er, any particular spot in Lake Michigan?

    Glad you're enjoying our lovely waters!
    Sorry - there's only one place to swim in my head in that lake - Ohio St. Beach - 7:30 AM.
  7. ViveBene's Avatar
    Did a mile at 7 a.m. (lazybones on weekends). Smooth water, but by the time we got out we could see a definite wind line, and tiny wavelets appearing. My digits are still tingling - sub-65?
    Looks like you're getting ready to ace Big Shoulders!
  8. Bobinator's Avatar
    Wow bzaaks you are a pretty waitress! I bet you get great tips!!
  9. bzaks1424's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ViveBene
    Did a mile at 7 a.m. (lazybones on weekends). Smooth water, but by the time we got out we could see a definite wind line, and tiny wavelets appearing. My digits are still tingling - sub-65?
    Looks like you're getting ready to ace Big Shoulders!
    I swam @ 7:30 and I didn't think it was THAT cold. I didn't even have a wet suit. I did however get trampled by the people in green caps who started @ 8 AM.

    I cannot however do Big Shoulders as I will be in the middle of a cornfield on Sept 11th helping my family with a massive family reunion they're hosting.
    Stupid family getting in the way of my swimming! J.k.