View RSS Feed

bzaks1424

Get it together mcdonnell!

Rate this Entry
So the past two to three weeks I've been seriously in a funk, out of the loop, whatever you want to call it.
We've pushed up to 4 practices a week in the pool. I'm really thankful for it. I love swimming so much that another day is very welcomed! My times are dropping little by little and my endurance is building up pretty quickly. I'm doing my best to beat everyone around me. I have some serious competition though. Brian's been keeping pretty much even with me in everything. Anne and Laura have been kicking my butt unless its in pull mostly because I rock pull something fierce.

However

As a result of me gaining strength in swimming: I can afford to go on less sleep (significantly less sleep). When I don't sleep well, I don't eat well. When I don't eat well, I don't feel as good. When I don't feel good, I don't lift. If I don't lift, I don't sleep as well.... its a vicious cycle. I've also been drinking more than enough. I've also been eating a TON. I've been more hungry these past couple weeks than I was all summer long.

So - time to reset. I'm a little hungover this morning so I didn't go in to work.
Goal 1) Lift at least 5 times by next Saturday.
I have swimming Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
I have basketball on Wednesday.
So I should be able to lift today, Saturday, Sunday and maybe Monday.
I'll take Tuesday and Wednesday off to make sure I can play basketball (its the semi finals for our basketball league) and swim immediately following.
Then I should be able to lift Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
This is great! I should be able to get back on my 3 days on, 1 days off pattern as recommended by my trainer
Goal 2) Get my diet reorganized.
I'm going to focus back on intelligent eating. I need turkey, chicken, a loaf of bread, tons of veggies, bananas, berries, and a gallon of milk.
Goal 3) Get my rest. (~8 hours a night)
Before I started swimming I could pretty much function pretty efficiently on 3-4 hours of sleep a day. Once I started - I had to start getting more like 8-9 hours of sleep. Now that I'm finally starting to get stronger in my swimming, I'm starting to drift back down to about 6-7 hours of sleep and my body is letting me know that that's not cool.

Alright - that's my trinity of goals. There's absolutely no reason why I should not be able to make those goals with the exception of me holding myself back.

Okay. Time to eat breakfast finally and make these goals a reality!

Submit "Get it together mcdonnell!" to Digg Submit "Get it together mcdonnell!" to del.icio.us Submit "Get it together mcdonnell!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Get it together mcdonnell!" to Google

Comments