View RSS Feed

Random Nonsense

8/27 Workout

Rate this Entry
Warm up
- 6x50 drill swim*
- 4x75 kick with fins (did an extra 50)
- 4x150 ?? (don't remember what the end of warm up was)
Main Set
- 10x100 on 1:20 (first 1:07, rest 1:09/1:10, goal was sub 1:10, so I was a little slow)
- 4x50 kick with fins on :45
- 4x50 back on :50
- 200 reverse IM
- 2x150 on 2:00 (1:40, 1:40)
Cool down
- 200 back ez

* Swimming 50s during warm up is like pouring icewater down my pants. I don't do it because it is too cold. Swam non-stop drill swim.

Swam with Mark, Gerald and Anna on the main set today. Mark said he was just going to try to survive 1:20s and Anna made funny faces. All made it (Gerald did 75s).

Submit "8/27 Workout" to Digg Submit "8/27 Workout" to del.icio.us Submit "8/27 Workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "8/27 Workout" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I'm not good at group warm up. I usually do my own thing, as do most of us. That's some quick change time in and out of fins.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    I'm not good at group warm up. I usually do my own thing, as do most of us. That's some quick change time in and out of fins.
    It wasn't a triathlon, so I didn't record transition times, but the second set of kick was pretty lackadaisical on 45s. They might have been on 50. I only really cared about the 100s and the last 2 150s today.
    I can't stand getting in and doing 50s or an assigned set either. I need to warm up slowly because I am a geezer in a wheelchair.
    Same here. It usually takes a 1,000 yards or more to break the rust off.
    Sprinting is best left for the end of practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I can't stand getting in and doing 50s or an assigned set either. I need to warm up slowly because I am a geezer in a wheelchair.
    Only Geek qualifies as a cranky old man. No one else seems to complain about their age or yell at me to get off their lawn as much as Geek.

I am fine with an assigned set, but usually it is something like 200 swim, 200 kick, 200 pull with no intervals. Starting with anything less than a 200 in a competition temp pool is too cool first thing in the morning.
    Updated August 27th, 2010 at 08:53 PM by qbrain
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    No one else seems to complain about their age or yell at me to get off their lawn as much as Geek.
    I'm fine with my age. You seem to be the one obsessed by it. I think it is because you aspire to the wisdom that comes with my advanced years.