View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wednesday, Sept. 1

Rate this Entry
by , September 1st, 2010 at 05:22 PM (1952 Views)
I was, quite predictably, sore today after two days in a row of vicious drylands. So I took it easy to reboot for tomorrow ...

P90X Stretch, 60 minutes:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/horton-p90x-str.php

Although this DVD is called the "stretch" DVD, there are quite a few yoga moves in it. And there is some overlap with the P90X Yoga DVD.

P90X Yoga, 30 minutes:

I did the last 30 minutes of the yoga DVD after completing the stretch DVD. I skipped the first 60 minutes, which are mostly standing and balancing postures, as I was trying to soothe not strain the muscles. There is some good core work at the end of this DVD too.

Bike, 30 minutes:

Didn't feel like swimming today, the arms/back were too sore. So I did a 30 minutes recovery ride on the indoor cycle while watching a decidedly dreadful movie. My legs feel a lot better than the rest of my body.

Commentary:

Ahhhhhh, my muscles felt better after a nice stretch. Tomorrow, I will do drylands and go to my first team practice of the season at night.

I am having a heat temper tantrum. My truck says the temp is 103 and it can't cool down fast enough. Since I spend so much time driving, this is most unpleasant. Poor Fort Son had to rise at 5:00 for a 6:00 cross country time trial to avoid the heat. Bring on September!

I'm getting quite a nice collection of workouts now. http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=127613750980. I'll have to pick one out for Friday.

And I'm putting this up for inspiration, while I mull over whether I will jump rope or not this season. http://www.projectswole.com/conditio...and-endurance/. Just reading the first practice -- jump for 30-60 minutes -- is a little frightening. Most likely, I will keep my tabata jump rope and do that 1x a week.

Back in the car to travel to a volleyball game ...

Trailer for upcoming documentary, for Geek, re: The Fatness:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRSGUZrOU_w"]YouTube- KILLER AT LARGE trailer[/nomedia]

And a huge congrats to Dave Chaos Barra for swimming the English Channel in 14 hours, 27 minutes and 20 seconds to complete the rare triple of marathon swimming.

Submit "Wednesday, Sept. 1" to Digg Submit "Wednesday, Sept. 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday, Sept. 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday, Sept. 1" to Google

Updated September 1st, 2010 at 07:44 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Spinning , Yoga

Comments

You truly are superwoman! Isn't it amazing how many school activities begin before school begins. Not sure if that's good or not, though the kiddos are generally ready to get back in routine as we are.
    Thanks Kristin. I feel like a super weakling at the moment though. But this too shall pass!

Fall sports started Aug. 10 here, even though school doesn't start until Sept. 7! I can't wait until my newly minted 16 year old can drive. Right now, I feel like I spend all my time driving her around.
    Updated September 1st, 2010 at 07:29 PM by The Fortress
    Congrats to Dave Barra- I was following along real time and was concerned when the boat turned around with 5k to go. That's awesome that he made it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Congrats to Dave Barra- I was following along real time and was concerned when the boat turned around with 5k to go. That's awesome that he made it.
    Very awesome. I feel privileged to know him.

Article: http://www.dailynewsofopenwaterswimming.com/
    Updated September 2nd, 2010 at 10:54 AM by The Fortress
    I can't wait until my newly minted 16 year old can drive. Right now, I feel like I spend all my time driving her around.
    Woo Hoo! That will be good. Although I still miss the time alone with each of my boys. I learned so much when we were driving from activity to activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhenderson
    Woo Hoo! That will be good. Although I still miss the time alone with each of my boys. I learned so much when we were driving from activity to activity.
    I agree about learning a lot. Kids seem to chat more about things in the car. And if you have a group of them, they almost chat and gossip as if you weren't there.
    you call 2 hours "taking it easy"?

yesterday, I spent at least 11 hours on my a$$ between a 5 hour, round trip car ride and a 6 hour meeting. It's amazing how doing absolutely nothing can zap your energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    you call 2 hours "taking it easy"?

yesterday, I spent at least 11 hours on my a$$ between a 5 hour, round trip car ride and a 6 hour meeting. It's amazing how doing absolutely nothing can zap your energy.
    Well, it was a lot of yoga and stretching. Stretching is not too taxing!

Nothing makes me more tired than driving. Driving wipes me out. Hate it.