View RSS Feed

The Labours of SwimStud

9/11/10 10k Race Day

Rate this Entry
by , September 11th, 2010 at 03:07 PM (1182 Views)
Well today is a date of sadness and reflection for most of us. It was nice to have something upbeat to do today. A 10k race to raise $ to fight childhood obesity.

I biked over 6 miles to the next town to the race, had about an hour 15 rest then ran 10k in 47.x, which is about a 7.42 mile pace. Refuled and hydrated a bit and then rode the 6 miles home. My legs had nothing for the worst hills but I felt I didn't need to prove anything so I walked and drank my water.

About to head down to town for another charity event that raises money to support families with children suffering from cancer.

Sad date...uplifting weekend.

Submit "9/11/10 10k Race Day" to Digg Submit "9/11/10 10k Race Day" to del.icio.us Submit "9/11/10 10k Race Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "9/11/10 10k Race Day" to Google

Updated September 11th, 2010 at 07:15 PM by SwimStud

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

47 is excellent! Way to go! You are very fit now.
    Agree with Fort, anything under 50 for a 10k is great...I don't even know if I could do one in 47. Are you running regularly now?
    Thanks you two. I was at the back of the pack at the gun too so I probably ran a bit better than that. I'm happy though.

Tim I do 4.5 or 5 miles 2x a week...and I usually go about 44 mins for 5 miles and that's on the treadmill. I guess the competition around me got me fired up and running faster.
    A 10k race to raise $ to fight childhood obesity.
    Wow, you really worked hard to take food out of a starving child's mouth today. Good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Wow, you really worked hard to take food out of a starving child's mouth today. Good job!
    UH?