View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Mellow Tuesday morning outdoors

Rate this Entry
by , September 21st, 2010 at 10:40 PM (1007 Views)
This morning I swam solo outdoors. Hereís what I did:

1200 LC warmup: 400 easy swim, 200 kick, 200 pull, 400 RIM drill/swim by 50

8 x 50 FR w/snorkel w/ :20-:30 rest, 12-beat kick on 1st, 11-beat kick on 2nd, and so on down to 6-beat kick on 7th and 8th [This was an interesting experimentóI had intended to start out with very slow arm strokes and focus on great form as I sped them up, but ended up mostly counting kicks and trying to get them to work out like they were supposed to.]

4 x 150 (50 Swim / 50 Kick / 50 Swim), odds BK, evens FR

200 easy pull

8 x 100 @ 2:00: odds easy FR/BK, maintaining kick on FR; evens fast BK/BR [the goal was to keep the BK/BR under 1:45; I made 3 out of 4]

400 warmdown

When I got to the pool this morning there were only 2 other swimmers there; they got out pretty soon, and I had the whole pool to myself for over an hour. When that happens in the winter here in NW Florida I attribute it to the cold weather, but this morning it was beautiful and sunny and in the 70s. How can there be so few swimmers in such great conditions? (The pool entrance is $4, or $135 for the whole year for residents, so it probably isnít the cost.) It is a puzzlement.

Submit "Mellow Tuesday morning outdoors" to Digg Submit "Mellow Tuesday morning outdoors" to del.icio.us Submit "Mellow Tuesday morning outdoors" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mellow Tuesday morning outdoors" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I thought you were a New York Citizen, Swim Suit Addict? How is it that you are swimming in northern Florida? Surely there has to be a closer pool to Manhattan than this?
    Isn't there a large body of water near Florida that a lot of people swim in? Is it possible that they swim in there instead or maybe they even take swimming for granted and end up neglecting their opportunities.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    I thought you were a New York Citizen, Swim Suit Addict? How is it that you are swimming in northern Florida? Surely there has to be a closer pool to Manhattan than this?
    More to the point, this might be the closest pool to LA.

By which I mean Lower Alabama, of course.

Which is where some of my relatives insist on residing, even though I have pointed out a number of times that it would be easier and more fun for me to visit them if they moved to some fabulous resort destination reachable by a nonstop flight. Or even Philadelphia, which is at least an easy and quick train trip.

(And btw, although I do live in New York City, I consider myself a citizen of pools everywhere. )
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Isn't there a large body of water near Florida that a lot of people swim in? Is it possible that they swim in there instead or maybe they even take swimming for granted and end up neglecting their opportunities.
    Large body of water--check, people actually swimming in it, not so much (although there must be triathletes that are gearing up for the Ironman here doing OW training somewhere). The only adults I've actually seen in the gulf on this trip were standing in chest-deep water drinking beers at sunset, and there were lots of those.

It seems I might have just hit a random day of really poor pool attendance--there were over a dozen of us at the pool this morning, which is closer to what I would have expected.