View RSS Feed

Ande's Swimming Blog

Wed Sep 22 2010

Rate this Entry
Wed Sep 22 2010

Did not swim on Tuesday

Congrats to Whitney Hedgepeth for her Backstroke article in the USMS Swimmer magazine September / October 2010 issue
"What You Don't See Can Hurt You
Most Common Backstroke Mistakes Are Often Easiest to Miss"

Congrats to Tyler the Miler Blessing on being the Cover Boy & featured swimmer in her article.

Subscribe to Ande's Swimming Blog

LCM
Whitney Coached
6:00 TO 7:30 am
Austin Mabel Davis pool
swam with MIKE V, larry, todd, tyler, Marcio, james, jim, nate, ned, & Bob

dove in around 6:20
brief

WARM UP
missed it

MAIN SET

400 6 SDKs

400 6 SDKs

12 x 100

400 br

200 br k

Submit "Wed Sep 22 2010" to Digg Submit "Wed Sep 22 2010" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed Sep 22 2010" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed Sep 22 2010" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Looking forward to getting my mag and seeing her article.
    I didn't realize until I saw the article that Tyler never swam in college. You sure wouldn't know based on how he's swimming now. I'm assuming he was pretty fast in HS but just opted not to swim in college.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    I didn't realize until I saw the article that Tyler never swam in college. You sure wouldn't know based on how he's swimming now. I'm assuming he was pretty fast in HS but just opted not to swim in college.
    I didn't know that either. It explains why his name doesn't ring any bells from the past for me.
    Tyler didn't swim college? Wow, he is an inspiration for Masters swimmers who didn't swim college or did one year of college swimming which is kind of like doing no college swimming. You don't have enough college training reserves to carry over to Masters swimming. IMO! Gosh, you learn something new everyday.
    hey pat,
    did you get your issue yet?
    I trained with Tyler when I swam for Longhorn Aquatics in 91 & 92

knelson,
    Tyler trained in college, with longhorn aquatics, coached by jack roach. think he tried out for UT, was on the team a couple weeks then got cut. Tyler is a phenomenal swimmer, swimming faster now than he ever did. He's extremely fit. think he was 21 something in the 50 fr out of HS, he's from Oklahoma.