View RSS Feed

Chicken's Nuggets

I'm in New York State of Mind

Rate this Entry
I'm thinking about friends doing the Little Red Lighthouse swim in New York tomorrow and wishing I was there.

I hope everyone has a great time! Good luck to Chaos, Evmo and Rondi and everyone else swimming (I haven't checked the roster lately). It looks like the course is going north under the George Washington Bridge, so you will get the opposite view to what we had in MIMS.

Here's a little bit of video saved from MIMS 2010, not long before I swam under the GW. Someone had just jumped from the bridge, which was very sad and disturbing. I wasn't able to find out any details about the incident afterwards, except that it's very unlikely one would survive a jump from that high.

Here's me and my crew.

http://www.youtube.com/user/saddleba.../0/bFMfqgVGJ_Q

Not a huge fan of Billy Joel, but this is a great song
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO2l7qtyyBw"]YouTube - BILLY JOEL- " New York State of Mind "[/nomedia]

Submit "I'm in New York State of Mind" to Digg Submit "I'm in New York State of Mind" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm in New York State of Mind" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm in New York State of Mind" to Google

Updated September 25th, 2010 at 01:21 AM by Chicken of the Sea

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It was a spectacular day on the Hudson! This was my first LRL swim so I haven't swum the previous course, but the new one is a winner. The ever-so-gradual approach and climactic pass-under of the GW Bridge was as memorable as anything I've experienced in OWS.

Also had the pleasure of meeting chaos, in the flesh. His name rang out amongst the throngs for his many recent feats.

Wish you were there, Amanda. Next year!
    cool video links of MIMS! good memories of that day. though its sad and tragic that there was a jumper, i'd rather swim into a fresh body than..... well you know.....

it was good to meet smokin' fast evmo, (the other guy who has done all the USMS championship swims this year) as well. robbie d was represented by my zebra mankini.
    Evmo is fast, but sunrise swimmers keep turning up new surprises! So get on the bus, evmo and Chicken, and come on home to a lovely 300 mile lake where you can swim forever. And meet Jennifer, the new fast kid on the block!
    (Hi Chaos!)
    What! New fast kid!
    Weather looks nice this week so I'll definitely be at the Point a couple of times.
    Chaos I see what you mean about the fresh body as opposed to one a bit further along....
    I think I'll get one of those zebra suits. How did the white bits fare in the Hudson?
    Hi VB!

C-O-S, the white bits have seen brighter days.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos
    cool video links of MIMS!
    I think one of those little tiny boats way ahead of me was yours! There was a group of them that turned out to be a bit over half an hour ahead, but looked closer to me in the water. No wonder I couldn't catch you!

Great day!

"objects in the goggles are further away than they appear!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken of the Sea

"objects in the goggles are further away than they appear!"

As I said to my kayaker, "That next buoy looks like it's 300 yards away." She evinced skepticism. Subsequently it provided to be ca. 1500 yds.