View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sunday, Jan. 25

Rate this Entry
by , January 25th, 2009 at 08:50 PM (1696 Views)
Slept through my team practice. I was just out and up too late last night ... Woke up with a sore neck/trap again, this time on the left side. Argh! It felt better after swimming.

Went with my son to the gym. Took it rather easy, as I've been to the gym a LOT this week. Did about 35-40 minutes, mostly core work. Since I had someone to hold my legs, I also did the Cavic fly exercise on the yoga ball (3 x 25). [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oJbTe4Ph5s"]YouTube - Milorad Cavic - Serbian Silver Medalist trains at The Race Club[/ame] at 5:30 mark.

Went to the pool in the late afternoon:

Warm up:

700 variety swim, kick, drill

Main Sets:

40 x 50, done as:

8 x 50 backstroke @ :55
8 x 50 breaststroke kick @ 1:00
(These sucked! I can't do a breaststroke kick to save my life .... lol .. no excuse either ... strong legs and good knees.)
8 x 50 back @ 55
8 x 50 dolphin kick on back w/MF best average @ 1:00 (went 26-27s).
8 x 50 back @ 1:00 best average w/fins (went 28s)

100 EZ

10 x 25, alternate easy speed fly/easy

50 EZ

Had to get out then to coach the summer league kids. They were all obsessed with my MF.

Total: 3100

Feeling a bit fatigued. Didn't feel up to any AFAP work today, and the pool was pretty crowded. Looking back, I did swim about 19K this week even with a recovery day and an off day. That's quite a bit for me. In general, though, I think the increased aerobic work and perhaps swimming more frequently than pre-Austin has helped my swimming.

Submit "Sunday, Jan. 25" to Digg Submit "Sunday, Jan. 25" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, Jan. 25" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, Jan. 25" to Google

Updated February 10th, 2009 at 10:25 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Cavic fly exercise looks like a good one. Well, at least, you got in the pool eventually today.
    What IS the "Cavic fly exercise on the yoga ball?"
    Here's the youtube link. It's at about the 5:30 mark. Cavic is doing the exercise on the double cable free motion machine. I do it with 3-5 pound hand weights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oJbTe4Ph5s