View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed., Sept. 29

Rate this Entry
by , September 29th, 2010 at 03:48 PM (3698 Views)
Drylands:

Warm up:

broomstick twists, 25
windshield wipers, 25
squat to wall ball w/10 lb ball, 15
(http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...t_Wallball.wmv)
dead bugs on bosu, 25
streamline hold on bosu, 1:00
plyo jacks, 10

Strength Work:

bench press w/barbell, 70 x 1 x 10, 80 x 2 x 8
chin ups, 3 x 6
bulgarian one legged split squat, 25 x 1 x 10, each leg with plate over head, 30 x 1 x 10, each leg with DBs
reverse scoops, 30 x 1 x 10, 40 x 1 x 10
(40 lbs caused me to feel a twinge in the mid scapular area)
power wheel pike ups, 2 x 10

Filler = RC exercises


Quick Solo Swim, SCM @ Gym:

Warm up:

600 various

Main Sets:

4 x 100 flutter kick w/board @ 2:00
1 & 4th length kinda fast

4 x (4 x 25)
fly drill, fly drill, EZ speed fly, EZ

4 x 100 dolphin w/fins @ 2:00
1 & 4th lengths UW

3 x (4 x 25)
1-4 = breast alternating dolphin and whip kick
5-8 = breast with flutter kick
9-12 = breast alternating dolphin and whip kick

50 EZ

Total: 2150 meters


Yoga:

30 minutes

(Haven't done this yet, but I plan to.)

I totally sucked and didn't do this, as I got involved with life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

I was a little foggy this am, but feel like I got a decent dryland workout in.

Not doing so well on the diagnosis front.

JimRude is coming up with some nasty LT sets for me. Perhaps one tomorrow with Speedo.


Contador gets Jessica Hardy Suspension:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...s182957D99.DTL


http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...e-4-hour-body/

Rich Roll, ultra geek, loves this guy.

Submit "Wed., Sept. 29" to Digg Submit "Wed., Sept. 29" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Sept. 29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Sept. 29" to Google

Updated September 30th, 2010 at 10:22 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Speedo's Avatar
    Sounds like a plan- I remember Jim hurt us last time as well.
  2. qbrain's Avatar
    If you can do a WOD Karen, I will go gluten free for a month.

    Sorry about the diagnosis.
  3. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Sounds like a plan- I remember Jim hurt us last time as well.
    Still waiting to see what he comes up with.
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain;
    If you can do a WOD Karen, I will go gluten free for a month.

    Sorry about the diagnosis.
    WOD Karen? Is that a CF exercise? Which one? You shouldn't challenge me -- it seems much easier to go pomegranate free than gluten free.

    Tenosynovitis + minor hypothryroidism. More doctors.
  5. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    WOD Karen? Is that a CF exercise? Which one? You shouldn't challenge me -- it seems much easier to go pomegranate free than gluten free.

    Tenosynovitis + minor hypothryroidism. More doctors.
    150 Wallballs with a 14lb ball at least 9ft up in the air. Yeah CF, it was one of the videos linked recently, I think the one Greg posted.

    Yeah, I read it before it was updated I don't know what either of them means, but since more doctors is the result, then it isn't wonderful news.
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    150 Wallballs with a 14lb ball at least 9ft up in the air. Yeah CF, it was one of the videos linked recently, I think the one Greg posted.

    Yeah, I read it before it was updated I don't know what either of them means, but since more doctors is the result, then it isn't wonderful news.
    150 wall balls. I'm not sure there's a 14 lb ball at my gym. It would be a waste of my time to do this, but perhaps I'll get cranky and stick you with be gluten free month soon. You won't be like Geek and renig on our wager will you? I still have seen no evidence of a 2 fly despite Jazzy going to hot yoga.

    Sucks getting old. I'm pissed off about it today.
  7. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    150 wall balls. I'm not sure there's a 14 lb ball at my gym. It would be a waste of my time to do this, but perhaps I'll get cranky and stick you with be gluten free month soon. You won't be like Geek and renig on our wager will you? I still have seen no evidence of a 2 fly despite Jazzy going to hot yoga.

    Sucks getting old. I'm pissed off about it today.
    No 14lb ball, that's too bad

    I agree it would be a waste of time, I just thought it would make my legs fall off if I tried to do it without building up to it. If you do it, I will do my best to go gluten free, and will definitely give up the obvious violations. Of course, it wouldn't be all that hard for me

    I was mad about getting old yesterday, but one of the benefits of getting older is you forget why, and then it is hard to stay mad.
  8. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    No 14lb ball, that's too bad

    I agree it would be a waste of time, I just thought it would make my legs fall off if I tried to do it without building up to it. If you do it, I will do my best to go gluten free, and will definitely give up the obvious violations. Of course, it wouldn't be all that hard for me

    I was mad about getting old yesterday, but one of the benefits of getting older is you forget why, and then it is hard to stay mad.
    Now why is it called the "Karen" when there's a guy tossing that ball 9 feet? A chick should use a proportionately smaller ball.

    I think I could possibly do 150 without incurring grave leg pain. But that's what comes of using fins.
    Updated September 29th, 2010 at 08:34 PM by The Fortress
  9. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Now why is it called the "Karen" when there's a guy tossing that ball. A chick should use a proportionately smaller ball.

    I think I could possibly do 150 without incurring grave leg pain. But that's what comes of using fins.
    I don't know why the WODs are named after girls, they just are.

    Karen is 14lbs 9ft for girls and 20lbs 10ft for boys

    You probably have to worry about shoulders more than legs I would guess.
  10. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    You probably have to worry about shoulders more than legs I would guess.
    Yeah, ball on the wall is a classic RC exercise when you're doing it standing with a puny little ball. Using a 14 lb ball may have the reverse effect.

    And now I'm feeling like my left shoulder is twitchy.

    See above baiting.
    Updated September 29th, 2010 at 11:05 PM by The Fortress
  11. Bobinator's Avatar
    Meow, bad kitty is back. She just posted on a fin thread.

    My swimming has been going very poorly so I'm doing all short sprint events at the FC! I will use my energy to party with you and Jimby!!!!!!
  12. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Yeah, ball on the wall is a classic RC exercise when you're doing it standing with a puny little ball. Using a 14 lb ball may have the reverse effect.

    And now I'm feeling like my left shoulder is twitchy.

    See above baiting.
    Why would that offend me?

    "How Tim gained 34 pounds of muscle in 28 days, without steroids, and in four hours of total gym time"

    This?

    One set to failure, compound exercises only, minimal rest between exercises. That sums up the workout, so in 28 days, 4 hours is about right.

    Most of Tim's methods on any topic are well outside the normal person's comfort zone.
  13. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Meow, bad kitty is back. She just posted on a fin thread.

    My swimming has been going very poorly so I'm doing all short sprint events at the FC! I will use my energy to party with you and Jimby!!!!!!
    I saw her baiting Ahelee on the streamlining thread too.

    Sorry about the swimming; I wondered cuz you haven't been blogging much.

    Can't wait to see you in Indy. I still need to enter online.
  14. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Why would that offend me?

    "How Tim gained 34 pounds of muscle in 28 days, without steroids, and in four hours of total gym time"

    This?

    One set to failure, compound exercises only, minimal rest between exercises. That sums up the workout, so in 28 days, 4 hours is about right.

    Most of Tim's methods on any topic are well outside the normal person's comfort zone.
    I thought you'd think it was gimmicky.
  15. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I thought you'd think it was gimmicky.
    You under estimate me. If I didn't already know who Tim Ferriss was and how he did it, don't you think I would research to the point of validation?

    I have been reading about the Colorado Experiment since I was in college. It seems to be one of those things everyone "discovers" when they are researching optimal weight lifting.
  16. Speedo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Sounds like a plan- I remember Jim hurt us last time as well.
    12pm?
  17. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    You under estimate me.
    I'll never do that again!
  18. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    12pm?
    12 is good! 8 x 100 best average @ 2:00?

    I have to decide what stroke to do that ... I might even kick it.
  19. Speedo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    12 is good! 8 x 100 best average @ 2:00?

    I have to decide what stroke to do that ... I might even kick it.
    Have you done this one before? I have no idea what kind of pace I can hold.
  20. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Have you done this one before? I have no idea what kind of pace I can hold.
    I did it once with my MF. I would have to look up my times, but I seem to remember them being in the mid 50 range. But the MF is a jet booster. No way could I go that fast on backstroke, my other probable option. There's no disguising the pain in this set. But I think you have to start reasonably and holding something reasonable just gets harder and harder.

    I tried to search my blog to see what I had done previously, but I didn't mark that set as a test set, so couldn't find it easily.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast