View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

16 Minutes of Pain, Thursday, Sept. 30

Rate this Entry
by , September 30th, 2010 at 04:51 PM (4671 Views)
SCY w/Speedo @ Oak Marr:

Warm up:

700 variety

6 x 25 shooters w/fins

Transition:

10 x 50 @ 1:00
odds = swim
evens = kick w/speed bursts

10 squat jumps off bottom of pool

LT Death Set:

8 x 100 @ 2:00, best average.

Did backstroke kick w/fins
(Shoulders sore from weights, so thought I'd kick. And I haven't done a super hard kick set in awhile.)

Went: 58, 57, 57, 57, 58, 58, 59, 58

These were rough and painful right from the get go. Being somewhat breathing impaired, I couldn't stay under as much as I wanted. So my SDK count per 25 was 10-12, 7, 6, 4-5. The last 25 sucked on each 100 and I kept expecting Pete to track me down like he often does. I suppose, though, that it's relatively harder to keep the SDK count high when you're doing the 100s @ 2:00. There was not a lot of chit chatting on the wall between 100s. Thankfully, we made up for that in the hot tub later.

250 EZ or so

Total: 2400

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

As Pete said, this set is dastardly. After 4, I was ready to get out. That's when it helps to have a training partner! I feel pretty blasted. I know I should do a yoga-stretch for 30 minutes. If I somehow manage to accomplish this feat -- for it seems like a feat at the moment -- I will update my blog.

84 degree pool temps are way too hot for this set. It would be better tolerated at Mason, I think.

Have an appt. to get my foot jabbed on Oct. 5. http://www.treatingpain.com/diagnosi...ch-plasma.html.

Submit "16 Minutes of Pain, Thursday, Sept. 30" to Digg Submit "16 Minutes of Pain, Thursday, Sept. 30" to del.icio.us Submit "16 Minutes of Pain, Thursday, Sept. 30" to StumbleUpon Submit "16 Minutes of Pain, Thursday, Sept. 30" to Google

Updated September 30th, 2010 at 07:14 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Test Sets

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I look forward to seeing these 2:10s, even though I was told I have not done anything fast lately.
    I did not say that at all, reread what I said. In fact, I have been impressed with your speedy bursts lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by KEWebb18
    Brutal workout!
    Good luck next week with the doc.
    Looks like I have a wedding to attend so I won't be going to the Sprint Classic
    It was and I feel brutalized.

That's a bummer that you'll miss the Sprint Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    I did not say that at all, reread what I said. In fact, I have been impressed with your speedy bursts lately.
    You guys are cranky.

I've been impressed with Q's speedy bursts and your intense aerobicism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    You guys are cranky.

I've been impressed with Q's speedy bursts and your intense aerobicism.
    I need to avoid q's crankiness lately as I've been in a good swimming mood.

I think he got hold of some of Cantador's bad meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    I need to avoid q's crankiness lately as I've been in a good swimming mood.
    You should be with all those endorphins you're generating!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12