View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

Idiosyncratic stats and Wordsworth excerpts

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
  • Number of miles swum so far in January, 2009: 30.01

• Average yards per day during the past 9 days post the "end" of my sickness: 3227.78

• Qualitative self-assessment on the Jim Healthometer scale, wherein 91 percent is realistically the best I can hope for: 42 percent

• Qualitative self-assessment on the Jim Healthometer scale during the height of the bubo outbreak: 37 percent

• Number of yards swum during practice today before I began seeing lights that weren't there and found my muscles were shaky and my head light-headed: 2100

• Number of packets of Gu required to complete tonight's practice: 2

• Total yards tonight's practice: 4000

• Days I have been alive: 20,562

• Remaining number of days: 12,288

• Current Top 10 Times for the Age Group I might make it to:

100 Freestyle SCY Men 90-94 (2008)
# Name Age Club LMSC Time
1 Brud Cleaveland 90 FMM Florida 1:46.17
2 Russ Witte 90 SWOM Ohio 1:54.05
3 Tom Haver 90 SDSM San Diego - Imperial 2:20.05
4 Donald B Pope 93 MICH Michigan 4:38.01

• AT (Anaerobic Threshold) time per 100 SCY one year ago based on the 1 hour swim: 1:14.61

• AT time per 100 this year based on the 1 hour swim: 1:16.6

• Most recently measured sperm count, including gimps, two headed specimens, dead ones, and assorted monstrosities: 965,000,000 per ejaculation

• Three favorite excerpts form William Wordsworth's ODE INTIMATIONS OF IMMORTALITY FROM RECOLLECTIONS OF EARLY CHILDHOOD:

Whither is fled the visionary gleam?
Where is it now, the glory and the dream?

Heaven lies about us in our infancy!
Shades of the prison-house begin to close
Upon the growing Boy

Behold the Child among his new-born blisses,
A six years' Darling of a pigmy size!
See, where 'mid work of his own hand he lies,
Fretted by sallies of his mother's kisses,
With light upon him from his father's eyes!

Submit "Idiosyncratic stats and Wordsworth excerpts" to Digg Submit "Idiosyncratic stats and Wordsworth excerpts" to del.icio.us Submit "Idiosyncratic stats and Wordsworth excerpts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Idiosyncratic stats and Wordsworth excerpts" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good job on getting over 30 miles before the end of the month. Next month, this laziness needs to stop!!!!!!
    Hi, Tom! The laziness hasn't completely overtaken me, not have I given up on January quite yet. I am up to 31.79 miles with two official practices left to go, and two days where I can conceivably pad the total with unofficial practices. Then a meet on Sunday to inaugurate Feb--followed by the Superbowl. I've definitely been dragging lately, though, I must admit! No room for this indolence, on that note, sir, you are 117 percent correct!
    Gosh, you seem to have a meet like every weekend in Western PA. Luckily, I am on a 3 week hiatus from meet. Before, every other weekend I had a meet since early November. But, then I have one 2/14(USA-S one, 2/21-22(maryland masters meet at UMBC), and then a local Pentalon meet on 3/1.
    Actually, I have a meet tomorrow--the 100 and 50 free, the 200 IM, and some 25, can't remember which stroke. Or maybe it's the 50 fly. Anyhow, I hope I don't disgrace myself. Will keep you posted.