View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Snow Hell, Tuesday, Jan. 27

Rate this Entry
by , January 27th, 2009 at 06:17 PM (1975 Views)
It snowed here. Barely. As a result, as usual, everything is cancelled and has come to a dead stop. Having grown up in MN, I find this bizarre and irksome, though I've acclimated to it over time. Wanted to go to my team's "freestyle night," but that is off. Went to my gym instead. Just did a short technique workout, as it's just too hot to go fast there. Probably just as well, as I'm still feeling really fatigued. I'm hoping the county facilities are open tomorrow so I can crank it up!

Warm up:

600 swim-kick

16 x 25
4 belly shooters/4 fly spin drill/4 side shooters/4 fly spin drill w/MF

Main sets:

8 x 100 @ 2:00,
alternate backstroke and backstroke kick

10 x 50 @ 1:00
alternate single arm fly drill, dolphin kick w/MF on back

10 x 50 @ 1:00
alternate single arm fly drill, breaststroke pull w/ MF

200 EZ

Total: 3000 meters

Submit "Snow Hell, Tuesday, Jan. 27" to Digg Submit "Snow Hell, Tuesday, Jan. 27" to del.icio.us Submit "Snow Hell, Tuesday, Jan. 27" to StumbleUpon Submit "Snow Hell, Tuesday, Jan. 27" to Google

Updated February 10th, 2009 at 10:24 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I grew up here and it's irritating how the city stops when it snows a tiny bit.
    It's ridiculous! My kids are checking the FC website every hour to see if school is delayed or cancelled ...
    Snow? What is that? It has been so long since I have seen it. Growing up in Connecticut we had our snow days too but now in Savannah, what is snow...

I may use this workout next week as a good sprint workout. I'll be tapering some for the meet in N. Myrtle Beach. Hopefully I won't get my usual head cold.
    I wouldn't call this a sprint workout, Donna. I didn't ever go fast, mostly just worked on technique with an aerobic component.

Hope you don't get that head cold!
    w/MF?

In Pennsylvania, you are not allowed to bring a mofo to practice with you, though many manage to sneak in and often entrench themselves within the facility's managerial ranks.
    I see you are a sporadic reader of my blog, Jimby!

MF = monofin
    I know, dearest Leslie! Just joking around a bit. Let me know what you think of my latest vlogging effort.