View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

World Semi-Naked Swimming News

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Why northern swimmers get better workouts than the hot house flower types from California, Arizona, Texas, Florida, and other meteorologically pampered regions of the earth.

BORKED

Submit "World Semi-Naked Swimming News" to Digg Submit "World Semi-Naked Swimming News" to del.icio.us Submit "World Semi-Naked Swimming News" to StumbleUpon Submit "World Semi-Naked Swimming News" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

hot house flower types from California, Arizona, Texas, Florida, and other meteorologically pampered regions of the earth
    Jim, come do yard work with me in August and I will show you meteorologically pampered.
    That was great and so true! Of course, I leave my medals at home.
    The ironic thing about this was that the Y decided, for the first time in living memory, to close early because of ice. Practice was canceled. I've spent the evening watching 30 Rock reruns and the (great) movie Swingers, which features a young, thin Vince Vaughn. It only serves to remind me: I, too, was once young and thin.
    Those hot house flower types have no idea how easy they have it! They don't have to deal with BS cancellations and BS idiot drivers.

You coulda watched Lost, Jim ...
    Yard work in Texas in the summer?

I thought you just spread some sugar on the cactus and let the armadillos do the trimming?

Or perhaps rent out the land to Republican ideologues looking for photo ops for their cowboy hats and brush clearing outfits?
    Waaaa, waaaa, waaaa ... I agree it's friggin' cold and a friggin' pain to swim up north ... do we maybe need a vlog or blog on the relative intelligence of making a choice to live/swim in the cold versus live/swim in the hothouse, pampered regions?
    FYI: I did love this vlog, though, especially the medals and the run to the pool.
    "Those hot house flower types have no idea how easy they have it! They don't have to deal with BS cancellations and BS idiot drivers."

Well, we do have to deal with those, "BS idiot drivers," plenty here when they escape the ice and snow for better climates. Lately it seems I've seen more cars with MN, WI, SK and AB plates than AZ.
    Thanks, Patrick. For what it's worth, I have always admired your avatar picture. It makes you look like the scientist who finally made the critical breakthrough at Los Alamos that allowed Little Boy and Fat Man, or whatever those adorable bomb names were, to come to fruition. As for you, Mr. Aztimm, I think you and your fellow native Arizonans should get bumper stickers that proudly proclaim, "I brake for gila monsters." Or perhaps, "My Gila Monster Can Poison and Later Eat Your Honor Student."
    Jim, I have been thinking about your ailments combined with your lousy latitudinal location. I think you might have SAD, but since Pittsburgh doesn't have a sunny season, I am not sure that is possible.

I am happy to share my cactus patch with a few armadillos if I don't have to experience winter for more than a few days in a row.
    Patrick's avatar looks like a barista to me!
    Jim,
    I think you have way too much time on your hands!!!
    Alas, it looks like I--like millions of other soon-to-be-impoverished Americans--may have ever more time on my hands in the months to come. Time to contort them into fists and rally with like-minded individuals to batter and throttle the Bush Administration bastards that not only let but shoved things in the direction of debacle and suckage and the great unraveling.

When the rumble comes, Bar is mine!
    When Jim disrobed, I almost collapsed with a case of what used to be called, "the vapours". Oh my, what a man!
    Thanks, Mr. Scupperton! I am thrilled I give someone as wonderful as you the vapours.