View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tuesday, Nov. 9

Rate this Entry
by , November 9th, 2010 at 06:02 PM (2985 Views)
Bikram Yoga, 90 minutes

Yowsa, it was really hot in there today. The temperature seems to vary by instructor. I prefer it closer to 105 than 110. My face was extremely red at the end. And, although I was planning on venturing to the gym tonight, I'm too zonked. The stretch felt good though, as I was/am still sore from weights. Tomorrow, I have a swim-ART-and PM gym with Mini planned. Thursday, I have a PRP appt for my foot. I'm dreading it b/c it was so painful last time. I may ask them to put a lidocaine patch on my foot before the procedure.

Meets:

Just booked my flight to Boston for $134. Pretty decent price; deals on JetBlue and AirTran end today. And, after booking it, I just saw that we are having a SCM meet in PV: [ame="http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?t=17792"]PV/DCRP Last Chance SCM meet (Dec 4, 2010) - U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums[/ame]. Oh well, too late, but it is just a Sat am only meet. Maybe I'll just swim one event there depending on the line up. This has Speedo's name on it!

Looking ahead, I've also discussed logistics for the Boston Marathon, which is the Monday following CZ SCY Champs in April next year. We're going to leave Saturday after the meet, so I'll be able to get a few events in and see the folks staying at the abode. Maybe I'll swim a distance event Friday night ... with a Chowmi type split request of course.

So, meets for the year are stacking up like this so far:

December 11-12: NE/CZ Champs SCM, Boston
March 19: Albatross Open SCM, MD
April 15-16: CZ SCY Champs, VA (taper)
August 4-6: LCM Nats at Auburn (taper)

I need to find a meet between April and August; it may have to be a USAS LC meet if there is nothing else local (don't want to swim in the outdoor hairball pool). The meet in December will be my final meet in meters in my current age group. Moving on!

Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 9" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 9" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 9" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 9" to Google

Updated November 9th, 2010 at 10:44 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Planning , Yoga

Comments

I thought there was a Freaky Friday thing happening here where I exchange mid-d/d for sprints and you do the opposite ...
    Maybe I'll swim a distance event Friday night
    but, alas, you got me
    ... with a Chowmi type split request of course.
    Meet line up looks light on first blush, but, if I think about how many meets I'll probably get to next year, it's probably not too far off. Nothing in Jan/Feb as an SCY tune-up?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Meet line up looks light on first blush, but, if I think about how many meets I'll probably get to next year, it's probably not too far off. Nothing in Jan/Feb as an SCY tune-up?
    Yes, it's too light. Waiting to see if anything is added to the local landscape, which is now: http://www.pvmasters.org/entry.htm. There is the Tropical Splash in Feb., but I have never attended b/c it is at the crack of dawn in Alexandria. And I don't usually do the MD Series b/c I am such a pool snob.

I just noticed the Crawl Brawl on Nov. 27. I would enter that just for some sprint work, and I love the Freedom Center, but I am going to be in Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving.

I suppose I could re-register with USAS. I would consider the Mako Invitational at GMU or the Jan. Open at PG. No meet info is up for those meets yet. We'll see. I'm really more focused on SCM and LCM next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I am going to be in Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving.
    When do you get to the 'Burgh this year? We're leaving for VA at the crack of dawn on Wednesday.

I just realized the girls Spring Break (and our vacation) will be exactly 1 week before Spring Nats in AZ. That may mean Colonies Zones and Auburn instead (so I can be just like you!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    When do you get to the 'Burgh this year? We're leaving for VA at the crack of dawn on Wednesday.

I just realized the girls Spring Break (and our vacation) will be exactly 1 week before Spring Nats in AZ. That may mean Colonies Zones and Auburn instead (so I can be just like you!)
    Probably coming up on Wed. Sorry I'll miss you. I'm hoping to get in a couple training sessions with Jim and Bill.

Nothing wrong with CZ and Auburn!
    Updated November 10th, 2010 at 03:12 PM by The Fortress
    There will be fast swimmers in Dallas in Feb and a really sh..ty pool!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    There will be fast swimmers in Dallas in Feb and a really sh..ty pool!
    It's almost sacrilegious to wear a B70 in a sh*tty pool!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    It's almost sacrilegious to wear a B70 in a sh*tty pool!
    I will let you tell SVDL, chowmi, RA and Eney that
    I keep saying this, but I hope to get to CZ SCY this year for sure!