View RSS Feed

The Labours of SwimStud

What do you mean, no taper? Hypoxic day then...

Rate this Entry
by , January 30th, 2009 at 07:24 PM (731 Views)
OK so I swam and lifted today. Yes, I have a meet Sunday but it's in season and I want to keep working hard.

I felt tired at 5 am and forced myself to practice, I got about 1500 in and felt good and relaxed, ready to go again. So I took it fairly steady and modified the workout down by 1000 to round off with 2500.

500 FR
twice through:
4 x 50 1:00 breathe every 3
4 x 50 0:50 breathe every 5
4 x 50 0:45 breathe every 7
2 x 100 1:45 EZ

The breathe 7's on :45 were a bit hard for me; the first run I did 1, 2, skip 3, made 4 ( I made one of the 100 EZ's a 150 to pay the coach his yardage). Next time I went to a minute and did them. I'll try this set again sometimes but just be more generous with the interval.

2 x 50 K
2 x 50 P
2 50 D
25 AFAP 14-15 from a push. It felt very good and smooth feel like I'm ready to race...for mid season at least.
75 EZ
OUT
Got home; had an Endurox!

Late afternoon did half my typical weight session. Feel good but not drained.

Submit "What do you mean, no taper? Hypoxic day then..." to Digg Submit "What do you mean, no taper? Hypoxic day then..." to del.icio.us Submit "What do you mean, no taper? Hypoxic day then..." to StumbleUpon Submit "What do you mean, no taper? Hypoxic day then..." to Google

Updated January 30th, 2009 at 08:39 PM by SwimStud

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Love my Endurox. Not thrilled with the New Improved nonsense, sometimes it seems like it has marshmallows in it.
    That's still a nice pre-meet workout, Rich. And you cut the weights some, so you won't be terrifically sore.

Good luck on Sunday.