View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tuesday, Nov. 30

Rate this Entry
by , November 30th, 2010 at 09:59 PM (911 Views)
Swim @ Oak Marr:

Warm up:

600 various

Main Sets:

32 x 50, done as:
(did them all @ 1:00-1:15, depending on my level of interest and level of chatting with Pete)

8 x 50
odds = single arm fly
evens = breast

8 x 50
odds = double shooter
evens = front scull + burst doggy paddle

8 x 50
25 overkick free + 25 EZ

8 x 50
odds = russian breast drill
evens = breast w/thumbs up recovery drill

(I believe I have the same stroke flaw that Allen Stark mentioned on the Breaststroke Lane thread about going too deep when lunging forward. Hence the KPN thumbs up breast drill. Breaststroke is the most awful confounding stroke ... I'm not sure why I bother without a coach sometimes, except that it seems to agree with my shoulders.)

100 EZ

4 x (25 burst/cruise + 25 EZ)

50 EZ

Total: 2550

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

I was trying to focus on technique today, but I felt adrift. Once the word "taper" enters my brain, I become lazy and don't want to do anything in the water. Even sprints. I guess the benefit of this ennui is that I am truly resting. But I may also fall asleep in the water. And I felt like crap today and was cramping in my left calf and feet like crazy. Because I've been cramping since last week, I went back to my massage therapist this afternoon and had her work on my legs for 30 minutes. This will likely cause more sluggishness in the water tomorrow, but I will ignore it. I don't really care how I feel this week, and will endeavor (possibly unsuccessfully) not to micro-analyze it next week either.

And I am now shifting into annoyance over my entry for the NE Champs. I haven't received a response to either of my emails. There is no other contact info on the meet forms. I sent an email tonight to the primary contact for Great Bay Masters. Anyone else have any ideas as to how to get my name changed on the athlete/entry list? I don't really want to swim as Leslie Linngston!

I heard that there were only 519 entries at Long Beach this year after cracking 1000 last year. That's quite a drop for the meet that has been touted as the unofficial national scm champs ...

My daughter gets her driver's license in 21 days ... However, I have to admit, it may really make my life easier, especially with her doing 2 sports at the moment.

Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 30" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 30" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 30" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 30" to Google

Updated December 1st, 2010 at 11:38 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Frustrating that they haven't at least acknowledged you. It looks like they haven't updated their list since Nov 20, they may have resolved your issue and just not told you about it.

I think Rick Osterberg is handling the online entry. You can PM him using his Forum name "osterber" and maybe he'll respond. I've traded PMs with him and he usually gets back pretty quickly. Undoubtedly he's pretty busy right now, this close to deadline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson
    Frustrating that they haven't at least acknowledged you. It looks like they haven't updated their list since Nov 20, they may have resolved your issue and just not told you about it.

I think Rick Osterberg is handling the online entry. You can PM him using his Forum name "osterber" and maybe he'll respond. I've traded PMs with him and he usually gets back pretty quickly. Undoubtedly he's pretty busy right now, this close to deadline.
    Thanks Chris. Hopefully you're right. I'll try PM-ing Osterber, though I thought he just handled the SCY meet. I also sent an email to Ed Gendreau who was last year's meet director. I just want to get it resolved pre-meet.

I may just drop a note in the mail tomorrow AM if I haven't heard anything.