View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

I found the school pickle!!!!!

Rate this Entry
by , December 1st, 2010 at 11:06 PM (817 Views)
For the second time in 3 years I found the Christmas Pickle at Towne Meadow Elementary. I attribute this great feat to the fact that I'm not afraid to get down on all four's and crawl around on the floor which enables me to look under tables, chairs, potted plants, or anywhere else a pickle could be planted! For my victory I will secure a $50.00 Starbucks Card! This little victory plus the arrival of central Indiana's first day of snow made my Wednesday an especially fun one!

As far as swimming goes I've been doing it; in fact tons for me. I just completed 57.6 miles for the month of November!
My GTD goal is 500 miles this year. I have waffled on and off, here and there all year long but never been on the target for my goal. In October I decided to take the "bull by the horns" and do whatever it takes to reach the goal.
I can't say my quality of swimming is anything to brag about but I have been getting myself to the pool regularly and working hard while I'm in the water. I am bound and determined to win the 500 mile free swimsuit reward!!

We are having an ugly christmas sweater contest at school this year on our last day before break (end of semester teacher workday).
I have an "old-school" christmas sweater my mom bought me in the early 1980's that can probably win. I'm thinking about adding some extra-embellishments to top it off to the extreme! Any ideas out there?

Submit "I found the school pickle!!!!!" to Digg Submit "I found the school pickle!!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "I found the school pickle!!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I found the school pickle!!!!!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

57+ miles in a month is a ton of swimming. You'll have to post a picture of your free suit once you get it. I'm very impressed you're getting to 500 miles with all the setbacks you had earlier this year!

And post a picture of the sweater too! Maybe you can make some epaulettes out of rows of tiny Christmas lights for the sleeves?
    Magnificent, Bobinator! That is incredible, almost 2 miles per day with no days off!

You will have to join Amanda in circumnavigating Manhattan!
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    57+ miles in a month is a ton of swimming. You'll have to post a picture of your free suit once you get it. I'm very impressed you're getting to 500 miles with all the setbacks you had earlier this year!

And post a picture of the sweater too! Maybe you can make some epaulettes out of rows of tiny Christmas lights for the sleeves?
    Hi SA!!!! I will try to post a pic of the sweater! I have forgotten how to do it but I'll practice this week-end! I like your light idea. I've seen those small battery operated ones at Target! Great idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Magnificent, Bobinator! That is incredible, almost 2 miles per day with no days off!

You will have to join Amanda in circumnavigating Manhattan!
    Hi jimsley!
    Thanks!
    I will not be swimming around Manhatten, however I'll be doing a 5K at Morse.
    I think this overload of swimming is beyond my needs! Next year I'll set my goal for 400 miles!
    Great job on both counts! Evidently it is some tradition to put a pickle ornament on a Christmas tree, but you have to hide it in the back somewhere...and we do this too.

I didn't realize there was a free swimsuit for swimming 500 miles. I should get to 400, but beyond that would be very tough (certainly doable if I really want to). 50 miles a month+ is some serious distance!