View RSS Feed

bzaks1424

West Bend SCM Meet Post Mortem

Rate this Entry
I didn't get a pre-meet run down mostly because of time and craziness both at my job and in my life ('tis the season!). Even now - I don't really have much time to type this up - so I'll be brief.

50 Fly
I didn't actually want to do this race - my shoulders have been hurting as a result of not building the muscle in my chest and shoulders properly. I've been working them when I can but have been lacking the necessary time. The race wasn't terrible, and I did OKAY. I dropped two seconds off of my seed. So I ended up swimming roughly (I don't have my exact results with me) a 43.
200 Free
Started off too fast, but managed to hold on: 2:58 and change. 5 Seconds drop from Indy! Not too shabby!
50 Back (as part of the 200 Medley Relay)
I suspect I suck at racing back. I can swim it in practice decently, but my backstroke in races always seems like a torrent of chocking, dolphining too deep and hating myself when its over. I have no idea what my split was - but it was weird as heck watching someone dive over top of me in the relay.
50 Breast
I had a fantastic Dive and Pullout. I covered 1/2 of the length of the pool and by the time I hit the wall I was in last place again. <sigh> Some day.
200 IM
That race sucked. It was SOOO LONG. I think next time I'll try to swim that fresh. 3:50 and change. It was 20 seconds longer than I planned.
1500 Free
Event #6 in 3 short hours. I was cashed out. Swam it in 26 and change. I wish I would've swam it first - I'm pretty sure I would've blown my 25 out of the water from Indy.

Busy busy busy. Thanks for reading!

Submit "West Bend SCM Meet Post Mortem" to Digg Submit "West Bend SCM Meet Post Mortem" to del.icio.us Submit "West Bend SCM Meet Post Mortem" to StumbleUpon Submit "West Bend SCM Meet Post Mortem" to Google

Comments

Six events in 3 hours? You did great, considering the circumstances!