View RSS Feed

TJ's Blog of Slow Swimming!

Sprint Free Day

Rate this Entry
by , February 2nd, 2009 at 01:46 PM (645 Views)
11:00 AM to Noon at the Jamerson YMCA (SCY) coached by Priscilla Bettis

Warmup
400 free - every 4th length catch up
4x25 partial-full recovery free drill
8x25 free on :25 - descend by 4s

3x100 all out free on 3:00 - I went 1:15, 1:16, and 1:15. The fastest I've ever gone in practice was 1:17, so these were great for me. As an experiment, I tried swimming a very easy 50 between the 2nd and 3rd 100. I felt much better after doing that than after just standing around waiting for the 2nd 100 to start.
150 EZ free on 3:00
100 all out free on 3:00 - I went 1:14.3!

6x150 on 3:00 - Odds, extra long walls, last one was EZ warmdown! I cruised these and finished them all in 2:20.

Notes: I competed in a mountain bike race yesterday and I felt sore and tired during warmup. It didn't seem to hurt me too badly during practice though.

Submit "Sprint Free Day" to Digg Submit "Sprint Free Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Sprint Free Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sprint Free Day" to Google

Updated February 2nd, 2009 at 03:57 PM by Iwannafly

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Great job yesterday.....you were going to lap me if we'd have had to make another round on that mud-bog.
    Nice 100 frees, TJ!!! I routinely do easy swims between sprints when I'm doing them on a generous interval. I think it helps too.
    Thanks Jack. I really had fun with that race yesterday! Despite the mud and the muck!
    Thanks Leslie. Everybody in the faster lane took an easy 50 between 100s, so I tried it and I think I will adopt it.
    I'm excited about swimming the 100 fly and the 50 free in Richmond. I will taper for 1 week since my base is not near yours, Ande's, or Chris'! That should be plenty for me.