View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Sunny Day

Rate this Entry
by , January 16th, 2011 at 10:35 PM (370 Views)
Sunday Morning @ Meyers Park
Surprise! Amber was there - matter of fact, there were a BUNCH of people there! Could've been quite social, except that most of them are on the slower side - but like I said, Amber was there & her husband Drew - so that made workout much more exciting. Got there a little bit late & so missed the first 2 100's

Warm up: 350 yds - it was supposed to be 5 x 100 on 2:00 I think, but Amber was doing 150's, so I joined her in that midway on the 3rd 150.
Then we did 5 x 100 on a very slow interval but what the heck, it was my warm up (2 x 150 on 2 min is not a nice relaxing warmup for me!)
The main set was (7 times through) supposed to be a 150 followed by a 50 on the following intervals: 1 min for each 50, and the 150's were: 2:30, 2:40, 2:50, 3:00, 2:50, 2:40, 2:30; we decided to do a 200 while they were doing 150's, and on #3 & 5, we did IM twitch, & number 4 was just a plain 200 IM. I don't know if Amber & I were trying to show off or what, but we kicked it today! It was awesome! I mean, seriously - a 2:20 for a 200 free? For me? Even though I had little mini-fins on, I still feel very good about that set!
Last set was 12 x 50 on :55, and I did stroke/free by 25's, mostly fly/free.

Total: 3150

You may be wondering why I was at the pool on Sunday morning, when I said last week that I wasn't going to swim on Sundays anymore, in hopes of helping my elbows heal faster. Well, what can I say, it was beautiful outside, and I feel so much happier when I swim, that I just had to go. And really, it made my day! I had a great, productive day afterwards - enjoyed Church, fixed a nice dinner, even made cookies & had the Home Teachers over. Wow. Now, if only I could make myself read the Scriptures some on Sunday like a good girl. . .

Submit "Sunny Day" to Digg Submit "Sunny Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunny Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunny Day" to Google

Updated January 19th, 2011 at 01:54 PM by Celestial

Categories
Swim Workouts , Planning

Comments