View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Right on Schedule! Thurs., Feb 5

Rate this Entry
Guess everything is going well. I felt like crap in the water today -- right on schedule.

Warm up:

400 swim

3 x (3 x 100) @ 2:00
drill, kick, swim

16 x 25 UW shooters w/MF
4 belly, 4 right, 4 left, 4 fly spin

4 x 25 easy speed fly

50 EZ

Speed Work:

50 dolphin kick AFAP w/ MF (22.5)

200 EZ

50 back AFAP w/fins (26, might have left a half second late)

200 EZ

50 dolphin kick AFAP w/ MF (22.5)

100 EZ

4 x (25 (15 explosive, 10 cruise) + 25 EZ)

100 EZ

Total: 2800

My left hip has been bugging me for a few days. I'm worried I might have over-stretched it. It didn't occur to me to start with ice, but probably should have. Anyone know if you're supposed to keep stretching if you've over-stretched? Stud did point out to me that I probably shouldn't have used the MF, so I'll put it away until after taper. Oh, I was NOT doing any new stretches so I don't qualify -- yet -- for "stupid f********." I was, however, almost run over in the parking lot by a noodler. They're hazardous everywhere apparently.

Not taper bitchies yet, a bit bummed about the hip though. Seem to be getting the taper munchies, as I was starving an hour after eating lunch.

Submit "Right on Schedule!  Thurs., Feb 5" to Digg Submit "Right on Schedule!  Thurs., Feb 5" to del.icio.us Submit "Right on Schedule!  Thurs., Feb 5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Right on Schedule!  Thurs., Feb 5" to Google

Updated February 10th, 2009 at 10:21 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Wow, 2-1/2 hours and no comments yet? Something must be wrong...

Isn't there a hot tub/jacuzzi-type thing at your gym? Maybe try that for the sore hip, with some very light stretching.

Are you still running? If so, do you have anything going on with your right leg? I had the reverse, have a shin splint/swimming injury on my left leg, and my right hip sometimes gets sore to compensate.
    Not running. My last run was 10 days ago. I tend to get shin splits on the left leg though.

I'll try a long soak the next few days. Thanks.

In the meantime, it feels like I'm icing my ass. Lol
    Hey have you tried some foam rolling? Lats, hip rotators, glutes?
    You know, I was just thinking of that. I've got a good foam roller at home that hubby uses. I'll give it a go. Thanks for reminding me! How do you do a "hip rotator" though?
    Hottub is good for muscle soreness...but heat allows the area to inflame again. Always follow up with ice.
    It pained me to have to find this video for you

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=837646818475869665&ei=mXyLSarcE5aW iQLPtuzFCw&q=hip+rotator+foam+roller"]Foam Roller Techniques by Mike Boyle - Hip Rotators[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    It pained me to have to find this video for you
    That looks like it could be good use of a Noodle.

I saw a guy floating on a Noodle in the hot tub last night, I was like WT.... Are we getting so lazy now that we need a Noodle to help with sitting in the hot tub?
    Thanks Q. And thanks for always cracking me up too.

Noodle is the hot tub is seriously disturbing. You'd think the hot tub would help it disintegrate.

People who use foam rollers seem to think you need to get a good one or they fall apart in 6 weeks ...
    Stud,

Heat, ice, heat, ice, heat, ice, heat, ice. OK, I'm bored. I hate nagging little "injuries."
    Well then, quit nagging them.
    lmao. thanks, f.
    Quote Originally Posted by poolraat
    Well then, quit nagging them.
    Good point, some could just be psychological. About 2-3 days before my marathon, I had pains in my legs and feet come out of nowhere. Thankfully a few other people told me it was just my mind playing tricks on me.
    I have no doubt this will happen next week to me, Tim. Fully expect to obsess over every body part. But, honestly, I recall the exact stretch I was doing and *think* that was what did it. But one never knows ...
    Oh, I do have an appt with my chiro tomorrow. So hopefully he can shed light on whether I'm engaging in hypochondriasis.
    I haven't done squat in days and I hurt so at least you have a good reason.
    You've been sick, sweetie pie! Your time will come.